Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > WILD HOGS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is WILD HOGS as Bad as It LOOKS?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is WILD HOGS as Bad as It LOOKS?!?!?!?
    Posted: February 26 2007 at 2:06pm

STARRING 2000 RAZZIE® "WINNER" JOHN TRAVOLTA, 2006 RAZZIE® NOMINEE TIM ALLEN, and the OFTEN RAZZIE®-WORTHY MARTIN LAWRENCE, WILD HOGS IS JUST ANOTHER UN-FUNNY, MALE-MIDLIFE-CRISIS KNOCKOFF -- CITY SLICKERS on MOTOR-SICKLES, IF YOU WILL.

OUR ONLY QUESTION: TO WHOM DID the USUALLY EXCELLENT BILL H. MACY LOSE a BET and WIND UP IN THIS FILM???

Tim Allen: "John -- Was that the motorcycle that just backfired...or YOU?!?!?!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 2:47am

These four guys are the most random selection of stars anyone could possibly think of. It's almost as if the director put the names of all middle-aged male actors into a bowl, and randomly selected these four.

This movie looks like it could be bad, but not as bad as this year's #1 worst comedy: Norbit. HeadRAZZ, You need to start a discussion board for Norbit. It is sorely missing from this Forum.

Response from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to check out our new discussion of NORBIT...

EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by jb razz

These four guys are the most random selection of stars I could probably
think of. It's almost as if the director put the names of all middle-aged male
actors into a bowl and randomly selected four.

This movie looks like it could be bad, but not as bad as this year's #1 worst
comedy: Norbit
Headrazz, You need to start a discussion board for Norbit. It is sorely
missing from this forum.

I'm not sure anybody ever actually saw Norbit for the three days it was in theatres, so I would assume a forum for it would be relatively ghostly.;)

"Boy, Rick sure was lucky."
"Lucky? He's dead!"
"Yeah, but how many people get to get hit by a satellite. I'll bet he makes the Guiness Book of World Records."
EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:33pm
Just the straight fact that Martin Lawrence is in the film immediately disqualifies it from my viewing list. He is in my top 5 list of Actors I just will not support.

and on another note, I kind of like Tomsmo posting Official Reviews, Its nice to have the professional opinions to discuss off of as it's fun to see just how out of touch the main stream media actually is. I mean this is a discussion forum right? I am one who personally enjoys as many veiws as possible in my discussions. and seeing what certain people get paid for writing interests me and and also leads to pretty opinionated and wild postings.

"Lucky? He's dead!"
"Yeah, but how many people get to get hit by a satellite. I'll bet he makes the Guiness Book of World Records."
EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2007 at 8:38pm
it's a shame though since Travolta truley amazed the stuff out of my pants in A Love Song For Bobby Long ( which I believe is his most brilliant and best role ever) and It is also too bad that Tim Allen hasn't been able to land more script interesting roles as he did in Dave Barry's Big Trouble. I could see him pulling in a more of an intelligent cult following that way. At first this film looked pretty interesting to say the least but after the Martin Lawrence dominated trailers I just lost all the interest I could muster.

"Lucky? He's dead!"
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 3:56am
Glad to see this film on our Discussion Forum -- I knew it would end up being a Razzie contender. I think I smell another Razzie nom for Tim Allen...
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2007 at 9:06am

I guess when comes to Worst Screen Couple, are we going to call them all by their names on The Ballot, or should we Razz them as a group? If go to Rotten Tomatoes, you'll see that the only two Movies that had Fresh Tomatoes were Black Snake Moan & Zodiac. Wild Hogs is rated Rotten...

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 2:19pm

Although I don't care to pay to watch this film (maybe a rent or buy), the previews do look quite funny. Why are you guys making up the most random complaints about this movie? Just because it stars actors y'all don't like?! Who cares?! Rottontomatoes only has 31 reviews so far, so don't get your hopes high. I can already tell it might have some bad reviews but it could be entertaining and funny.

Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 2:45am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

the previews do look quite funny.

You can be sure that all the funny parts are in the trailer. And if you've seen the trailer, you've seen all the funny parts.

Wild Hogs is just another example of a really crappy movie, with a really crappy seen-it-before script acted by really crappy actors, (save Bill Macey.... what were you thinking Bill?).

It's still make 60 million+ because most Americans like crappy movies. And before you get all medieval on my ass for saying that "most Americans like crappy movies" I shall back up my claim with:

Norbit  - US Gross as of March 3 2007: $76,506,700
Ghost Rider - US Gross as of March 3 2007: $83,257,376

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=norbit.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=ghostrider.htm

And eventhough "Wild Hogs" has a Tomatometer reading of Fresh: 12 Rotten: 70... it'll still make millions. This American phenomenon of raking in millions for steaming crap-in-a-bucket movies like this only perpetuates more steaming crap-in-a-bucket movies like this. 
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 3:22am
...also, the out-takes they showed on Oprah yesterday when "The Wild Hogs" were on her show were funny...
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 3:27am

Oprah also took Herself and The Audience to see The Movie and she said they all had good time watching Wild Hogs

Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 4:56am
Originally posted by tomsmo

Oprah also took Herself and The Audience to see The Movie and she said they all had good time watching Wild Hogs

Which proves my point that "most Americans like crappy movies." You have to understand that Oprah's show is an hour-long commercial for the movie. That's what press junkets and appearances on TV talk shows are, a sales pitch.

Oprah would never say the movie sucks, but 73 out of 85 critics at Rotten Tomatoes do say Wild Hogs totally sucks.

So do I believe Oprah who is helping sell a product, (the movie Wild Hogs), or do I believe 73 out of 85 critics.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 5:03am
Guess I'm going to have see Wild Hogs and findout for myself if it's any good...
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 5:21am

Guess I'm going to have see Wild Hogs and findout for myself if it's any good

This is one of the rare moments I would advise to download it via BitTorrent. No one deserves to make money for that kinda crap.

If you are looking for quality entertainment try "The Illusionist," "The Departed," "Borat," "Children of Men," "Little Miss Sunshine." But, if you are looking to have an hour and a half stolen from your life, and permanent psychological damage, then go see "Wild Hogs."
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 5:36am
I have seen Departed (I have it on DVD). I will Probably watch Borat and Little Miss Sunshine on HBO or Starz, but the other two, probably not. As for downloading, I do not feel like going Jail over Wild Hogs. I could maybe see it for free at The Theater where my Brother works. If I had to pay for a movie this weekend, I would either pay for Black Snake Moan or Zodiac...
Vidiot View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vidiot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2007 at 8:39am

If I had to pay for a movie this weekend I would either pay for Black Snake Moan or Zodiac.

I am anxious to see Zodiac. I hear it's very good. And it has to be better than watching yet another derivative retread full of clichés about a "mid-life crisis" featuring...... Martin Lawrence, Travolta and Tim "remember Zoom anyone?" Allen....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>