Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > WILD HOGS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is WILD HOGS as Bad as It LOOKS?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is WILD HOGS as Bad as It LOOKS?!?!?!?
    Posted: March 11 2007 at 8:08am
I don't expect Martin Lawrence or Tim Allen to be good usually. And Travolta is co-chairman of the hit-or-miss club (Along with Jon Voight). Yeah, Macy is usually always good ( I just bought Magnolia and am going to watch it for the first time this week). And I think Liotta is one of the best actors to never be nominated for an Oscar. (I think he should have been for Narc). His intensity is great. I never saw Cop Land. You say Liotta's good in it? How is Keitel ( Who is another one of my favorites).
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 12:31pm
I was wondering as worst Screen Couple will it be John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, Tim Allen & William H. Macy or should we go with just The Wild Hogs.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 3:14am

I saw this movie yesterday. For about the first 15 minutes, it wasn't particularly painful. Then it suddenly turned into a low rent Every Which Way But Loose without the charms of Clyde, the orangutan. Here is a bit of a plot spoiler though: If, sometime in the first 15 minutes of the film, you happen to find yourself wondering, "Gee, how long until Peter Fonda makes a cameo?"...the answer is 94 minutes. (the film runs 99 minutes).

William H. Macy is entirely wasted in this film...I kept wondering, "Who has pictures of him embarrassing enough to get him to do this?" Macy and Tim Allen should have switched roles.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 7:00am
I'm 57 but look 56.
 I started riding motorcycles when I was 16 and I used to race on dirt tracks and did some road racing as well.  My last street bike went from zero to sixty in 2.5 seconds and I was very comfy cruising at 120mph on a Sunday afternoon. 
Hey, it's not as dangerous as the job I retired from!
 So, I understand how men, who never did anything risky when they were younger, can get the urge to buy a Harley.   Some men take up mountain climbing, or attend a school to learn how to operate a bulldozer.  I've heard of men who actually pay someone to let them herd cows!
I stopped racing when I was thirty,  I wasn't good enough to make a living at it and I knew it.  So I've had enough of risk taking.
Remember the movie "Middle Age Crazy"?   never mind.
All of the actors in "Hogs" looked like they were having fun and enjoying themselves.   Of course as we all know, they all own and ride Harley's in their spare time.   The film looks improvised now and then, and stereotypes and anti-stereotypes abound, but overall it's a funny movie.    Maybe the best thing about this or any movie, is that I didn't feel as though my intelligence was being insulted.
It's a guy movie but you can take your chick to it,  unless she's the type who asks questions during movies.   If your wife/girlfriend also rides, then you have it made!   Otherwise you'll be explaining all the goofy guy jokes instead and miss some great dialog.
 I think it would be better to rent the DVD, play it on a wide screen and watch it with your buddies...and some Budd! 
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 11:11am
You mean it turned out to be a movie about the Black Widows???

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I saw this movie yesterday. For about the first 15 minutes, it wasn't particularly painful. Then it suddenly turned into a low rent Every Which Way But Loose without the charms of Clyde, the orangutan. Here is a bit of a plot spoiler though: If, sometime in the first 15 minutes of the film, you happen to find yourself wondering, "Gee, how long until Peter Fonda makes a cameo?"...the answer is 94 minutes. (the film runs 99 minutes).

William H. Macy is entirely wasted in this film...I kept wondering, "Who has pictures of him embarrassing enough to get him to do this?" Macy and Tim Allen should have switched roles.

Even if they switched roles...I have a feeling that Tim Allen would still get a RAZZIE nod...ESPECIALLY from me...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 11:15am
Originally posted by tomsmo

I was wondering as worst Screen Couple will it be John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, Tim Allen & William H. Macy or should we go with just The Wild Hogs.

...or Tim Allen and the bike he rode in on...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 2:25am
Someone in line mentioned something about it being a ripoff of WAGONS EAST...but with motorcycles...

If I had a free ticket to make that analysis...maybe I'd see it...
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2007 at 4:40pm
Against my better judgement I saw this ( Hey, I wasn't paying). It wasn't funny. Travolta tried but he's going to need another career resurrection soon (Well, reports say he's good in Hairspray). Even William H. Macy, who I'm a big fan of, couldn't hold my interest. However I'll ( Like I usually do) point out the lone good point: Ray Liotta made (As he always does) a convincing villain/psychopath.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2007 at 5:07am
Even though none of the critics liked this film a lot, that didn't stop audiences from seeing this movie. By far, after Thursday's results, it's standing at $153.3 Million at the U.S. Box Office and $181.8 Million at the Box Office Worldwide, second behind 300, with $202.3 Million at the U.S. Box Office and $405.8 Million at the Box Office Worldwide. Ghost Rider, by far, is in third with $115.2 Million at the U.S. Box Office and $221.9 Million at the Box Office Worldwide.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2007 at 6:31pm

Originally posted by Razzilla

Originally posted by tomsmo

...or Tim Allen and the bike he rode in on...

I could support this nomination.

I saw the movie in the cheap theatre.  It was what I call a "dumb movie"; a movie that not to be taken seriously, just sit back and enjoy it.  As such, the price of full-priced theatre tickets (not to mention gasoline) is too high for dumb movies.  See it in a cheap theatre, or wait and rent it or watch it on TV.  Don't expect much, and expect lots of old jokes.  Yes, Macy, Liotta and Tormei give great performances.  I wouldn't own it, but I wouldn't walk away from it, either.

If any of the three other leads could be singled out, I'd say it was Allen, who still hasn't qute recovered since Christmas with the Kranks and everything that followed.  That's not to say Travolta's and Lawrence's performance were any better.

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 3:57pm
Let's face it, any movie with Tim Allen's name on it these days isn't worth seeing. THANK GOD John Travolta redeemed himself (as a woman of all things) in HAIRSPRAY!!!!! He's just so much better in musicals.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 3:03pm
Wow! This movie was SO unfunny and predictable.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 12:14pm
Why have so many people seen this movie? After its final date in theaters (August 2) this film made over $168 million at the U.S. Box Office alone...
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2007 at 3:51am

Star charisma drove this movie. You may not see it in Wild Hogs, but all the actors inthe movie have been appealing at one time or another, in my view. Macy is always good, so it's weird that he's here. But all the others have some good history...

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2007 at 3:17am
I saw the movie on DVD, and it was actually pretty good. All the actors did a good job. Martin Lawrence and William H. Macy (and the cop) had the funniest lines in the movie.
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 5:15am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I never get tired of it and you blame on films you haven't even watch like the inspirational Stomp the Yard. People hate it because it's a black movie. That's what IMDb ratings are leaning toward. Look at Daddy's Little Girls which also has a low rating and so as Norbit. Hmmm...oh, they are all black films! If you haven't noticed the trend, then I just pointed them out from you.

That's not true actually, War of the Worlds (all-white cast) was panned by critics, but was a box office hit! And if you are speaking out against racism, why are you using the term 'black people'?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>