Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > WILD HOGS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is WILD HOGS as Bad as It LOOKS?!?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is WILD HOGS as Bad as It LOOKS?!?!?!?
    Posted: September 09 2007 at 10:53am

"Zodiac" was great it's number 9 on my favorite movies of the year. "300", however is the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR, and #7 on my list of best movies ever!

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

300 will rule. Zodiac is getting awesome reviews, with the cast being called great ( With most of the praise in the reviews I've read going to Robert Downey Jr. and Brian Cox......all hail the Cox-master........that sounds so dirty)

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2007 at 10:55am

"Every Which Way But Lose" was crap, and a waste of Clint Eastwood, my # 2 favorite actor behind Jack Nicholson.

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

I saw this movie yesterday. For about the first 15 minutes, it wasn't particularly painful. Then it suddenly turned into a low rent Every Which Way But Loose without the charms of Clyde, the orangutan. Here is a bit of a plot spoiler though: If, sometime in the first 15 minutes of the film, you happen to find yourself wondering, "Gee, how long until Peter Fonda makes a cameo?"...the answer is 94 minutes. (the film runs 99 minutes).

William H. Macy is entirely wasted in this film...I kept wondering, "Who has pictures of him embarrassing enough to get him to do this?" Macy and Tim Allen should have switched roles.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 8:28am

moviewizguy, you are dumb! "Stomp The Yard" was derivative, "Daddy's Little Girls" was manipulative crap, and "Norbit" makes "Epic Movie" look good! Also, "Zodiac" was better than "Wild Hogs". Admittedly, I did kinda enjoy "Wild Hogs". But, the low point of your post was your defamation of "Memento", the best movie of 2001. "Harry Potter" was great, but not on the same level as "Memento". I'm a proud owner of it...

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Well, I never get tired of it and you blame on films you haven't even watch like the inspirational Stomp the Yard. People hate it because it's a black movie. That's what IMDb ratings are leaning toward. Look at Daddy's Little Girls which also has a low rating and so as Norbit. Hmmm...oh, they are all black films! If you haven't noticed the trend, then I just pointed them out from you.

If have heard so many people talk so much crap about Stomp the Yard because it's another black film or dance film. At least is has a moral and is like Freedom Writers, which has a high rating. I wonder why. Both are unique films with a moral and both are inspirational. I don't see why color makes the difference. Future black films would soon get low rating.

Even my friend who saw Zodiac (which in your opinion was "great") hated it. She said it was too long and people in the theaters are irritated and just wanted to know the ending, which she spelled out, and I got mad at her. She said don't waste my money to see it.

See, people (or at least I) would rather watch films that are fun and easy to follow, unlike films that you have to think about (which I don't have a problem with). I would rather watch Harry Potter 20 times than Memento 3 times. Why? Memento gets so worn out after the second viewing, along with other overrated films. Films like Harry Potter, War of the Worlds, Meet the Parents, and so on are films I would rather watch more than once. See, all films critics like (and all Oscar nominated films) are so boring, an average movie goer would rather see something "stupid". I would even have to admit it. Million Dollar Baby was very good, but thinking about watching it a second time kinda makes me think I'm wasting my life. Although Oscar films may made my top 50 list, other films are much more entertaining but still, don't reach my top 50 list.

Response from Head RAZZberry: If your point is that average movie-goers prefer not to think while watching a movie, then you've basically validated Vidiot's point. As for bagging on MEMENTO, it's one of my Berry Favorite Movies of the last few years -- Precisely because it demands that you think and pay attention while watching it...

Also, assuming that critics dislike something because it's "a black movie" is a bit much. Why can't people criticize movies of any kind, if they don't like them? Suggesting that having Black characters somehow makes a movie immune from criticism is pandering and insulting. Any film-maker willing to put his or her vision on screen ought also to be willing to allow it to be fairly criticized. And even if STOMP THE YARD was a big box office hit, it was clearly also a re-hash of about 27 previous movies. Popular success, as your own posting inadvertently makes clear, has nothing to do with artistic merit.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2007 at 5:18pm

No argument about Every Which Way But Loose, which I cited specifically to demonstrate just how low on the food chain Wild Hogs was. You are somewhat more enthusiastic about Eastwood than I, but he has made some movies I liked...

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

"Every Which Way But Lose" was crap, and a waste of Clint Eastwood, my # 2 favorite actor behind Jack Nicholson.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2007 at 2:06pm

John Travolta, as I have heard, teamed up with WILD HOGS director Walt Becker, and have just finished filming the movie. Now, it's in post-production, and the movie is called OLD DOGS. The plot is about two friends and business partners find their lives turned upside down when strange circumstances lead to them being placed in the care of 7-year-old twins. The film will also star 2000 Worst Supporting Actress RAZZIE Winner Kelly Preston, 2-time RAZZIE nominee Robin Williams, along with Matt Dillon, Bernie Mac, Dax Shepherd, and Seth Green.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 11:11am
This movie was funny,but also cliched and predictable.We get a great performance from Macy,but with Travolta...it's the other way around.Ultimately it's so forgettable,like the kind of movie you watch once,and then re-watch it on Sunday afternoons out of boredom.

I give it 5/10.

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Memento gets so worn out after the second viewing, along with other overrated films.

Gasp!

Actually,you bring up a very good point.MEMENTO is my all time favorite because I can't watch it again.I mean,I have to so I can connect all the dots but it's not like I'll be entertained watching it again.Every movie is less good the 2nd viewing.The 1st time I saw BORAT I couldn't stop laughing,but since the 2nd time I don't laugh that much.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234