Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE HITCHER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It Happened One Fright?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It Happened One Fright?!?!?
    Posted: January 12 2007 at 4:00am

WILL IT BE a WORTHY THRILLER...OR a HITCH-CROCK?? THIS WHOLLY UNNECESSARY RE-MAKE (FROM a DIRECTOR WHOSE PAST CREDITS INCLUDE BRITNEY SPEARS MUSIC VIDEOS!) MAKES 2007 3-for-3 for BAD MOVIES: THREE WEEKS, THREE OBVIOUS CHOICES for WORST NEW MOVIE of the WEAK...

"I'm sinkin' in the rain...just sinkin' in the rain!" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 5:34pm
Another of the executives major faults is that they're getting increasingly impatient with the remakes they insist on.  I think there should be a gap of about 30 years between an original and a remake so that each generation can smoothly have its own version.  Taking a film only 20 years old runs a high risk of alienating the first ones' base, many of whom are still in the Holy Demographic Estate themselves.  The trailers have done nothing to inspire any confidence for me in it, either.  I don't think'll it'll be a major nominee--far worse horror films have sadly seen the light of day over the last 12 months--but it might be worth a nod or two somewhere. 
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2007 at 4:11pm

Let's see, Primeval + this movie + now, Blood and Chocolate makes that 3 bad horror movies of 2007, which makes it about 300 lousy horror movies. But soon, we'll have another one added in. That would be THE MESSENGERS, which is my pick as worst new movie of the weak of February 2. You've seen the TV ads for that film, Head RAZZ, and you think it will be lame as well? 

Response from Head RAZZBerry: Wanna know my opinion of MESSENGERS (or express your own) -- Here's a LINK to our Forum regarding it. And yes, it was picked as Worst of the Weak...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 10:53am
You can't judge things by their trailers. That's what I did with Saw, refusing to watch it because I thought it was mindless blood and gore, which is pointless. Then I decided to watch it and it was one of the best movies i've seen! And The Messengers is a thriller and I'm protecting it because the girl from Panic Room stars in it! The Hitcher won't get a razzie nomintation because critics didn't think it was half bad.
Mamby View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mamby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 8:22am
Ok, moviewizguy, perhaps you just don't know anything about horror movies. I've seen this one, and in my point of view, it looked like a mixture of TCM and The Amytville Horror.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2007 at 2:00pm
...but wasn't I talking about The Messengers?
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 4:21pm
I never watched the original movie - IMO, anyone dumb enough to pick up a hitcher (in a hollywood movie! :P )  deserves what they get. It just never appealed, and I like horror movies in general.

Why in the nine hells would I want to see a remake? Yet another case of a Stupid Hollywood Idea On a Cocktail Napkin.

Unfortunately I couldn't nominate or vote on it in the Razzes, as it makes my list of Movies I'll Never Watch (Titanic is #1).

dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:40am

The critics might not think it was half bad, but I do.

Originally posted by moviewizguy

You can't judge things by their trailers. That's what I did with Saw, refusing to watch it because I thought it was mindless blood and gore, which is pointless. Then I decided to watch it and it was one of the best movies i've seen! And The Messengers is a thriller and I'm protecting it because the girl from Panic Room stars in it! The Hitcher won't get a Razzie nomintation because critics didn't think it was half bad.

Kenny View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2007 at 7:41am
I saw it. Mediocre, but it may potentionally be a "Worst Remake or Sequel" in my opinion. Don't see any other awards for it though. I mean, it's Sean Bean, guys. He's a great actor. Terribly wasted here, but it wasn't his fault.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 11:21am
Why oh why do these studios keep on making these uninspired horror movie remakes? "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "The Hills Have Eyes", "When A Stranger Calls", and so many others that I can't think of at the top of my head. The next horror movie remake is "Halloween". It's directed by Rob Zombie, who actually made a very good horror movie called "The Devil's Rejects". I hope he does a good job with "Halloween" because the original is still one of the most frightening films I've ever seen. And I hope they won't make 30,000 sequels after this one either. How many times does Michael Myers have to be killed until he's dead. He's been blown up, shot, stabbed, his head was chopped off, he's been hung, and every possible way a person could die. Ughhhh!!!!
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 11:36am
Well, they haven't tried shoving an H-bomb down his throat or having him eaten by a rabid lion yet, if they want something to shoot for...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 3:27pm

Originally posted by wetbandit82

Well, they haven't tried shoving an H-bomb down his throat or having him eaten by a rabid lion yet, if they want something to shoot for...

Oh, come on!  Don't give them any ideas! . . .

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2007 at 8:08am
LMAO!!! The director has directed videos for Britney Spears? Hahahaha. That right there should automatically get him a Razzie nomination.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 1:26pm

This was OK, but not as good as the original one.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 8:46am
So I watched it and hated it....liked the ending though.
SlammyFewFew View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SlammyFewFew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:22pm
It was alright
nothing special
I do think Sophia Bush is a talented actress, it shows in this although I am not a fan of her because she is a very nasty person (i should know)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>