Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE HITCHER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It Happened One Fright?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It Happened One Fright?!?!?
    Posted: March 15 2012 at 7:22pm
Ignore that comment I made on the last page.

The good:

Sean Bean: Bean plays the tital hitcher. He's good, but not as good as Rutger Hauer.

Sophia Bush: She decent here and this isn't the worst movie associated with One Tree Hill (Atlas Shrugged!!)

The "Closer" scene: The scene that uses Nine Inch Nails' Closer is nicely done, even if the scene has no relation to the song.

The bad:

The opening scene: The opening scene has something that happens in a lot of Platinum Dunes movies: unneeded roadkill. There was some dead animals in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and there's a graphic scene where a cow is run over in the prequel. Those could be defended though: the first example is quick and the second one is actually plot relevant. This was can't be defended though. It features a rabbit getting run over, and then it shifts Sophia and her boyfriend getting ready for a trip. It's pointless and makes me think that someone on the staff has a roadkill fetish. Probably Michael Bay.

Neal McDonaugh: The star of I Know Who Killed Me and The Legend Of Chun-Li strikes again. He plays Esteridge badly, especially compared to Esteridge from the original, where he's played by Dale from The Walking Dead (R.I.P. Dale)

The ugly:

Dave Meyers: Rule of thumb: if a movie is directed by a music video vet and it's not David Fincher, Spike Jonze, Sophia Coppola, Ruben Fleischer, Gore Verbinski, Marc Webb and a couple others it's gonna suck. Is it me, or does Platinum Dunes only exist so that Bay can give other music video directors more money. The only person who's directed a Platinum Dunes movie that isn't a music video director is Jonathan Liebesman.

Zachary Knighton: Knighton is impossibly bland as Bush's boyfriend. I've checked his resume and the only good thing on there was a single episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia where his character only exists so the gang can accidentily do terrible things to him.

The script: There's many things wrong with this script, but the biggest mis-step would have to be the gender flip. One of the things that made the original interesting is that there seemed to be homoerotic tension between the two characters. It did that much better than Freddy's Revenge. With this one, however, it's just your basic slasher movie.

Zachary Knighton is, also, in the show Happy Endings that a lot of people like, but I don't trust Elisha Cuthbert when she's not Kim Bauer. Grade: D+

Next-up: Friday The 13th!!!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2012 at 1:11pm
And Zachary Knighton was also on the show FlashForward, which I thought that show was OK.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2012 at 5:38pm
He was also in LIFE ON A STICK, one of those shows that was very smart but not funny enough. That's one of the pleasures of living in Latin America: when one of your shows gets cancelled, every filmed episode airs here no matter what.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12