Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > FLY ME TO THE MOON
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It’s CGI (Crappy Gross Insects)!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s CGI (Crappy Gross Insects)!!
    Posted: August 13 2008 at 1:23pm

RECIPE for a BOX OFFICE DISASTER:

TAKE ONE CUP ANTZ...

ONE CUP A BUG's LIFE...

ONE CUP SPACE CHIMPS...

STIR IN ONE TBSP THE RIGHT STUFF...

MIX with SIX POUNDS of SUGAR...

DROP onto a COOKIE-CUTTER ASSEMBLY LINE...

and BE SURE to BRING a BARF BAG! 

IN a YEAR WHEN "FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT" HAS BEEN SPARSE (and DISAPPOINTING at BEST) FLY ME to the MOON LOOKS to SET a NEW LOW EVEN for a GENRE DEFINITELY on the SKIDS.

FEEL FREE to LET YER INSULTS FLY BELOW... 

And you thought no Movie Mom could ever out-gross Lanie Kazan in GIGLI!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2008 at 4:36pm

Ah, man, HeadRAZZ, you stole my (tropic) thunder! . . .  I had Fly Me to the Moon in my sights for this week. 

Oh, well, I still have that Nazi exploitation flick Blitzkrieg to talk about. . . .

It appears with Fly Me to the Moon, they took a cute idea and made it dull and boring, never quite achieving even the "lofty" status of Space Camp, if you catch my drift. . . .

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 2:11am
But it's in 3D!!!
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 11:04am
Geez, a rip-off of Space Chimps already?!?!?!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

But it's in 3D!!!
                               "Jaws 3" was in 3-D and we all know who awful that piece of crap was.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 1:20pm
Um, Real-D 3D!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 2:15pm

Wasn't "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" Real-D 3-D? Go see that, it's problably better.

RESPONSE from HeadRAZZberry: Yes, JOURNEY is actually A Berry Fun 3-D Movie-Going Experience...totally empty, but lotsa fun.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2008 at 11:09pm

To this day, Brad Bird's "The Incredibles" remains the only animated film in recent memory to focus entirely on human characters. I really, really, really wish more animated movies would follow that example -- because the talking animals, insects, toys, etc. gimmick has gotten seriously old. 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 8:27am
The category of Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment would definitely be full this year -- with this, Space Chumps, Meet Dave, and possibly Beverly Hills Chihuahua...   
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2008 at 8:37am
At least the lame animated film trend has died down over the last year.

Remember 2006? Remember Doogal?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2008 at 8:44am
I saw a short version of this movie back in June at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago. The 3D was okay, but not spectacular and the film itself was somewhat entertaining at 30 minutes, but I wouldn't have wanted to sit through any more of it. Evidently the full version also contains a rather weird disclaimer from Apollo 11 astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin at the end. I'm not entirely sure just what that disclaimer says, but the guess here is that it is probably an unnecessary statement for anyone with an IQ higher than George W. Bush.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 5:41pm

If you take the title of a Barry Manilow song, and then you associate it with NASA and A Bug's Life, you get this. 

This film is unexcusable -- one of the worst animated films of the year! 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2008 at 12:16pm

Surprisingly enough, it's being considered for a Best Animated Picture Oscar. I doubt it will make the final cut though. "WALL*E" seems to be locked in for the win.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I just visited the AMPAS web site (LINK) and found no posting announcing FLY ME TO THE MOON as an "official" contender for the Best Animated Feature Oscar (nor anything suggesting that a preliminary list has been drawn up for that category yet).

Mayhaps you were referring to the fact that the releasing studio for FLY ME has submitted it for Oscar considersation?? Just to clarify: ANYONE can "submit" a film for Oscar consideration as Best Animated Feature. The rules specific to this category ( LINK ) suggest that the only requirements for submission are that a full print of the film, complete with the name(s) of the 'artists" to be awarded should it win, and an English language synopsis of the film need be sent to Academy headquarters by early November...

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
tdickensheets View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tdickensheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 4:05pm
Fly me to the zipper!!!
Thomas Dickensheets
 Post Reply Post Reply