Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forums on 2008 RAZZIE® "Winners" > REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It’s Just Your Typical...SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s Just Your Typical...SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!
    Posted: March 05 2008 at 6:19am

THE CONCEPT IS GROUND-BREAKING (IN an ARGUABLY IRRELEVANT, STUNT-LIKE KINDA WAY): THE FIRST EVER ROCK-OPERA-cum-SLASHER-MOVIE...

BUT REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA COULD ALSO PROVE to BE WIND-BREAKING: IN a SMALL FEATURED ROLE, IT "CO-STARS" CURRENT RAZZIE® REPEAT OFFENDER PARIS HILTON (HIDING UNDER a DARK WIG -- and KEEPING MOST of HER CLOTHES ON, JUST to THROW US OFF the SCENT)...

BUT WHETHER YOU THINK REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA IS a GIFT from the RAZZIE® GODS, JUST PLAIN GOD-AWFUL, OR MERELY a CLEVER NEW WAY to SEPERATE TEEN-AGERS from THEIR MONEY, ONE THING IS CERTAIN: PARIS, aka AMERICA's FAVORITE AIR-HEADED HEIRESS, WILL SURELY GET ATTENTION from OUR VOTERS for BOTH THIS and HER OTHER 2008 TITLE, THE HOTTIE & THE NOTTIE.

TO DISCUSS THIS MOVIE -- and/or PARIS' CHANCES of ACTUALLY "WINNING" SOME SPRAY-PAINTED GOLD for HER EFFORTS IN IT -- FIRE (AWAY) BELOW... 

SORRY, MIZZ HILTON -- WE (almost) DIDN'T RECOGNIZE YOU with MOST of YOUR CLOTHES ON...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 12:16pm
This looks good. I've never seen a slasher musical in my life and the trailer looks fairly interesting. At least it's original.
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 3:52pm

I wonder...does this film have that redeeming quality that House of Whacks has?  That is, a nice and brutal killing of Paris Hilton's character!

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 4:00am

Repo: The Genetic Opera is surely a weird one! I will give it that I've never seen a slasher muscial before...might be intresting. 

hastymanic View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote hastymanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2008 at 4:20pm
I'll admit my intuition tells me this film is going to suck, but I can't help the curiosity I feel watching the trailer. Sarah Brightman's in this film too. She's got a great voice, maybe she'll make the most of it. Who knows!
Hasty Manic
I am still looking for a movie worse than 'Manos: The Hands of Fate.' Alas, I remain ever hopeful!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2008 at 2:56am
"Slasher-Musical"...starring Paris Hilton??  My head hurts already!!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Nimrodthegreat View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nimrodthegreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2008 at 7:36am

At least hollywood is trying something new instead of rehashing the same old crap...

I'm gonna say there's a 80% chance that this will suck and a 20% chance it will be the next "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

The odds wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have Paris Hilton.

Movies are like women. A really great one can make your whole life seem more beautiful. A bad one takes your time and money and leaves you with nothing but crappy memories.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2008 at 12:49pm

You never know, Paris Hilton might die the worst death of the movie. But as for trying something new, how about two things that go together? Musicals and slashers, that's just an extreme example. What's next, Saw or Hostel: the Broadway play?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 2:05am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Or, even more inconguously, SAW or HOSTEL, the OFF-Broadway (and thus "artier") play...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2008 at 2:35am
Just saw an item in today's PARADE newspaper insert (LINK) that said this film is now "due out this fall." They also mentioned "it stars someone really scary: Paris Hilton!" 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
alesianlarken View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote alesianlarken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2008 at 8:35am
God must help me after seeing that music video,its so horrible to see,i was blinking my eyes while seeing that video.Paris Hilton done a great job in that.I appreciate her amazing ghost looks.
=============
Alesian
alesian
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 1:19am

Do we really need a film that stars a former convict?  We've had a problem with this "actress" since House of Whacks (Wax).  Not to mention, a musical about repossession isn't the worst musical idea I've ever heard.  How bad can it be, compared to Glitter, From Justin to Kelly, and HSM3?

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, it sounds from what I've been reading, like the "repo" part of this film's title refers to repossessing donated body parts and organs, rather than "repossession" in the spiritual/exorcism vein... 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 2:02am

I'm scared. No, not because the movie is suppose to be scary, but because this movie might dethrone "Disaster Movie" as the #1 contender to sweep the Razzies. There's a difference between trying something different and being gimmicky, and this screams "gimmicky."  

Just when we had high hopes for Seltzerberg to get the long awaited Razzies they deserve, Paris Hilton ruins it for us. SIGH!

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 5:30am

I will say this: based on reviews I've seen so far, this film will not be getting a 00% or Rotten rating at Rotten Tomatoes.  Out of the 4 reviews posted there, 2 are Fresh.  I don't think it will beat Disaster Movie after all.  

Another distinct difference: This film was screened for critics, and Disaster Movie wasn't. 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 11:53am

Well, the reviews I've read so far range from "I tried to like it, but it was just too weird for me to enjoy it" to "I loved it! The music NEVER stops (as in the beat in the film) and it was effing awesome!" to "Paris Hilton was actually good in this!"

It's sad Hollywood is throwing this film, Trick R' Treat, Splinter, and Midnight Meat Train away, and instead releasing The Haunting of Molly whatever and Saw V at Halloween....

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2008 at 4:11pm

I should add that this film won the Fant-Asia Groundbreaker Award at the Fant-Asia Film Festival in Canada... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>