Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > SAW IV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It’s Torture, I Tellya, TORTURE!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It’s Torture, I Tellya, TORTURE!!
    Posted: December 06 2007 at 5:21am
On the Filmjerk  website, release dates have been announced for the final two Saw films.

Saw V (Lionsgate): In October 24, 2008 (this one should be pushed back by a week because Halloween (October 31) falls on a Friday!
Saw VI (Lionsgate): In October 30, 2009
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2007 at 5:41am
Are they already written, or might these dates be changed due to The Writers Strike??   
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 11:36am
No. They're set dates for release. Nothing has been written yet.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2007 at 2:48pm

I'm not a huge fan of the Saw movies, was just wondering if they would have to change The Release date due to The Writers Strike. I think that Saw VI should come out October 30th, 2009, since that's when they release most of The Saw films, around Halloween... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 11:27am
The movies suffer a curse I don't know what's called.After 3 movies,the audience knows the pattern,especially that there will be a twist endin'(that's why Shyamalan's 1st. 3 movies THE 6TH. SENSE,UNBREAKABLE and SIGNS were hits,and the 3 last ones THE VILLAGE,LADY IN THE WATER and THE HAPENNING weren't).

The movies are the best horror movies,'cuz they're deep,but they focus a lil'too much on the blood,and people don't see what's "inside".

The 3rd. is the last one that's great,and I blame Leigh wannell for not writin'them anymore.The rest are O.K.,but they keep gettin'worse'cuz after JIGSAW dies,his games continue,'cuz we don't know where the saga is goin'.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:50pm
Repeat post!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2010 at 1:49pm
I just rated it on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/ratings
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2010 at 12:56pm
[Post deleted]
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2011 at 8:01pm
Well, time to review Saw IV. Also, ignore that postive comment I left a few pages back. I was young and didn't know better.

The good:

Some of the acting: For a shlocky horror movie, the acting isn't terrible. There's one exception that I'll get to in the ugly.

Donnie Wahlberg's devotion: I've gotta hand it to Wahlberg for coming back. It's gotta suck to just stand on a block of ice for a couple days. Then again, he probably got paid a sh*t load of money.

The bad:

The story: As sloppy as Saw III's script was, this out-does it! Seriously, how's the main character guilty of anything? He wants to save everyone. What's wrong with that? Hell, that's what Jigsaw wants to do as well! It's just that Jigsaw's method involves horribly maiming people.

Darren Lynn Bousman: It's obvious that Bousman didn't have his heart into this. He wanted to do Repo! The Genetic Opera first, but the recording process took too long. His direction is half-assed, but I'd rather watch Saw IV a trillion times before Repo again!

The ugly:

Costas Mandylor: This guy cannot act! He's boring and he's insufferable. The decision to make him the main villain of the series was a BIG miscalculation.

Well, that's Saw IV. It's not as bad as the next one though. Grade: C+

Next-up: Saw V!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2011 at 7:38am
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Seriously, how's the main character guilty of anything? He wants to save everyone. What's wrong with that? Hell, that's what Jigsaw wants to do as well! It's just that Jigsaw's method involves horribly maiming people.

I think that was the point.I mean,JIGSAW is the villain,so we're not meant to agree with his mantras.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2013 at 9:57am
My review of the franchise (skip to 07:31):

Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123