Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > ALL THE LATEST on ALL THE LAMEST!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Jessica Simpson’s BERRY Lamest??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jessica Simpson’s BERRY Lamest??
    Posted: September 20 2006 at 6:55am

Jessica Simpson: Back to Singing

From Fox News.com 9/20/06

Jessica Simpson is such a bad actress that she was only nominated for, but didn’t actually win, a Razzie for her work in last year’s “Dukes of Hazzard.”

Simpson may realize her potential and actually win the Razzie this year for “Employee of the Month,” which premiered last night in Hollywood.

Her fleeting appearances in this otherwise genial and often very funny comedy make it grimly apparent that Simpson is not headed to celluloid greatness.

She has little to say or do, but when she does, ooh boy. Simpson has no facial gestures at all, to the extent that it seems like she wasn’t even paying attention during her close-ups. Maybe she was bored.

Luckily, "Employee" is saved by its actual star — comedian Dane Cook — and a bunch of character actors including Dax Shepard, Efren Ramirez, Tim Bagley and Danny Woodburn, all of whom make "Employee" better than it deserves to be.

Simpson, however, is like cardboard. Director Greg Coolidge and his editors must have worked overtime while cutting Simpson’s scenes for maximum positive effect and minimal negative impact, because she never goes so far as to destroy the film. It’s only when she speaks.

But Coolidge is too smart for that: He focuses as much as possible on Simpson’s lovely chest. She complies by offering ample cleavage.

But Simpson may not be so keen on "Employee of the Month" after all. It took her two hours after the conclusion of the screening at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre to make it over to her own party at the Roosevelt Hotel. Where was she, I asked? “Changing outfits,” said a source.

Simpson, however, may only be adding to her early fall season woes. Her album "A Public Affair" is a dud, selling just 26,000 copies last week. That brings her total to a startingly low 187,000. Not too good.

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2006 at 9:06am

Well RAZZ...as usual I think you have summed up the obvious again, All Chest and no Talent!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2007 at 3:54pm

Blonde Ambition, as rumored by the new article HeadRazzberry linked the front page, looks like its in serious trouble.  IMDb says it will be released 03 Aug 2007.   Hmmmm, no!  Especially since it also says there were reshoots the week before the movie.  It's not even listed at Box Office Mojo, which if something were to be released, it should be listed there. 

May I suggest to the studio whose holding this stinking hot potato to release it on 11 January 2008.  That way, it would only be going against Uwe Boll's In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.  Now, that would be a release weekend to go down in Razzie infamy!

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 11:58am

Filmjerk has the Uwe Boll's latest listed with a release date of March 23, 2008. It will be released thru Romar Entertainment.

Originally posted by cvcjr13

May I suggest to the studio whose holding this stinking hot potato to release it on 11 January 2008.  That way, it would only be going against Uwe Boll's In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale.  Now, that would be a release weekend to go down in Razzie infamy!

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 3:14am
I put it as Jessica Simpson's latest. Someone must've switched it with Boll's name because I clearly wrote that:

"Filmjerk has Jessica Simpson's latest listed with a release date of March 23, 2008. It will be released thru Romar Entertainment."
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2007 at 3:29pm
Well, it wasn't me, although I could see how you could have meant to type Jessica Simpson but typed Uwe Boll instead.  Boll is who I was talking about in the last line of my post.
 Post Reply Post Reply