Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > C ME DANCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

JESUS - Is This SUPPOSED 2-B-A Comedy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JESUS - Is This SUPPOSED 2-B-A Comedy?
    Posted: April 11 2009 at 11:38am

C ME DANCE TELLS the SEEMINGLY PREDICTABLE STORY of a "GIFTED YOUNG DANCER" WHOSE BOUT with LEUKEMIA BRINGS HER FACE-to-FACE with HER OWN MORTALITY. BUT, JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT the MOVIE PEGGED, SHERRI's ILLNESS ALSO STARTS BRINGING VISIONS of the CRUCIFICTION to ALL WHO TOUCH HER. EVENTUALLY, IT ALSO BRINGS HER FACE-to-FACE (LITERALLY) with...SATAN!

SEEMS OL' SCRATCH HIZ-SELF WANTS to STOP YOUNG SHERRI's GIFT for TRIPPING-the-LIGHT-FANTASTIC from BRINGING ANY MORE SOULS into JESUS' FOLD...

LIKE LAST YEAR's HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL (and HIGHLY RAZZ-ABLE) FIREPROOF, C ME PANDERS to an ALREADY CONVERTED CHRISTIAN AUDIENCE. BUT, UNLIKE FIREPROOF, DANCE WASN'T EVEN GOOD ENOUGH for THAT AUDIENCE, TOTALLY BOMBING in BRIEF THEATRICAL RELEASE LAST SPRING...

BUT DANCE WAS A HIT with LOVERS of the ABSURD, the ABYSSMAL and the INCOMPETENT, COMING OFF LIKE SOME FRANKENSTEINIAN CROSS-BREEDING of FIREPROOF and FLASHDANCE...with JUST a HINT of SHOWGIRLS THROWN IN for BAD MEASURE.

IT DISAPPEARED SO QUICKLYfrom THEATRES,  YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE to HUNT to EVEN FIND IT on DVD. BUT AFTER WATCHING the TRAILER and READING the REVIEWS, WE EXPECT MANY a SERIOUS RAZZIE® VOTER WILL PUT IT IN THEIR NETFLIX QUEUE NOW...

SHERRI: "Jesus, Satan...what've you got -- Two left hooves!?!?"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2009 at 4:26pm
What...the...hell...
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 12:27am
Really? This had a theatrical release? I watched the trailer and thought for sure that it would be straight to VHS.
PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 1:49am

hehe

Well, at least you can give them marks for originality. Even if its hokey and incredibly dumb.

Can you imagine trying to be her boyfriend? "oh, baby . . . argh, not the crucifixion again! Okay, I'm out of the mood, ugh"

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:23am

Critic Luke Y Thompson had an excellent idea - watching C Me Dance back to back with Tommy Wiseau's The Room. I have a feeling that, if you were drunk enough, you'd never laugh harder!

-Iron helps us play-
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 8:07am

Yeah, as in the DVD company would be too embarrassed to make copies of it... 

I was sure the same would happen with Freddy Got Fingered.

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Really? This had a theatrical release? I watched the
trailer and thought for sure that it would be straight to VHS.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 10:37am

Could this be the Christian answer to "Battlefield Earth"?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 2:07pm

Okay, the scorecard looks like this:

The Christians have this one and all those Left Behind flicks

Scientology had Battlefield Earth

The Mormons had September Dawn

The Nazis had The Passion of the Christ

(I know, I'm going to burn for that one...but if I wasn't going to already, that isn't going to push me over the edge)

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2009 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

The Nazis had The Passion of the Christ

(I know, I'm going to burn for that one...but if I wasn't going to already, that isn't going to push me over the edge)

Hahahah... Sorry to use a cliche, but PWNT.
-Iron helps us play-
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2009 at 2:47pm
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2009 at 3:21pm
This does look like another one of those forgettable films overall...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2009 at 5:41pm
I think it looks forgettable mostly due to the fact that none of us are actually going to watch it. Otherwise, it looks like a laugh-riot for the ages.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 9:15am
So you think this film is going to be one of those unintentionally hilarious propaganda films? Could we have a new "Reefer Madness" on our hands?
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 11:37am
Bout time this got a forum.

Honestly, I NEVER heard about C Me Dance until a review was posted up at Brian Orndorf's website. I was curious about it, and then I saw the trailer. Hoo-wee, I thought this was a joke. Combine the pandering of any Tyler Perry film with the acting of Showgirls, then throw in tired thriller cliches involving the main character going up against Satan. There you go.

The same deal was with Fireproof. I never heard about the film until I read about it on a website, namely this one.

Just more proof that Christianity has become a laughingstock and an excuse for filmmakers to reel in cash.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 11:59am

No dawtabawtit.

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

I think it looks forgettable mostly due to the fact that none of us are actually going to watch it. Otherwise, it looks like a laugh-riot for the ages.
So you think this film is going to be one of those unintentionally hilarious propaganda films? Could we have a new "Reefer Madness" on our hands?

-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2009 at 12:15pm
If this movie is anywhere near as hilariously awful as Reefer Madness, I'll have to watch it... Although the Christian Propaganda part makes it a little less appealing...

Perhaps it is more of a "Wait for it to hit cable" kinda film... that way I can do shots as I watch, and not have to worry about driving home afterward...
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>