Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > MONSTER IN LAW
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

J.LO is So Unappreciated!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote O Jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J.LO is So Unappreciated!!
    Posted: January 30 2006 at 4:34pm
I usually don't write anything when I hear negative remarks about talented stars - but this is the last straw!!  J.Lo may not be Katharine Hepburn, but she is the Latina Reese Witherspoon.  All her movies have been good except for Gigli - which was good compared to many movies released that year.  If Monster-In-Law was so bad why did it go to Number 1!!  Plus why do you keep picking J.Lo mostly every year - I bet nobody has the balls to nominate Julia Roberts or Tom Hanks - no matter how bad their movies are.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2006 at 7:11pm
We are hardly alone in our "underappreciation" of Ms. Lopez. Check the reviews on her films and you'll see that of the many she's made, only one or two (SELENA and OUT OF SIGHT are most often mentioned) got even fair-to-middling reviews. She may be a talented singer and dancer, but that has nothing to do with being a credible actress. As for not having "the balls" to nominate Julia Roberts, she's been a RAZZIE contender two times to date (for both HOOK and MARY REILLY). Tom Hanks, on the other hand, while he's been listed on our Nominating Ballots once or twice over the years, has never made the final five for Worst Actor...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Bob View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 7:26pm
Let me be to the point J-Ho should stick to the music her acting blows and she deserves to be kicked in the head for trying to act.
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 8:35pm
Lopez is Miss Latina lowlife. All the fame and money in the world will not change this simple fact. All one has to do is listen to her talk. She sounds like she belongs on a Spanish version of The Jerry Springer Show.
Fred Cooper
lady_boricua View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote lady_boricua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:43am

I really don't think that J.lo is a bad actress. I know that she makes mistakes, but everyone  does...Nobody is perfect.

kath View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote kath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 4:21pm

I THINK THAT J-LO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO ACT EVEN TO SING. SHE SING SOOOOOOOOOOOO AWFUL THAT I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW SHE SELL CD, WELL ONLY PUERTO RICAN PEOPLE BUY HER CD. THE ONLY THING SHE KNOWS IS HOW TO DRESS. l LOVE THE WAY SHE DRESS, BUT THE WAY SHE ACT AND SING NOOOOOOOOO BABY DON'T GO THERE.

Engineer Boy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Engineer Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 1:53pm

As a Razzie member, I really appreciate J.LO. This appreciation will continue as long as she makes bad films. If they keep putting her in films every year, in about 15 years she could be the female Sly Stallone.

JLO #1 FAN View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote JLO #1 FAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 9:18pm

J LO IS THE BEST, EVERYONE WHO HAS SOMETHING BAD TO SAY DOESNT HAVE HER BODY HER MONEY HER LOOKS HER HUSBAND OR HER FAME!!!! JEALOUS!!

me View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 1:20pm
Wow, you people need to grow up.  All you 12 year olds sitting at your computers calling her J-Ho....wow that is real original, is that the best you can come up with.  Jennifer Lopez is not a bad actress.  Singer, maybe.  But for the people saying she should stick to CD's, she was an actress way before she was a singer, she is definitely a better actress than singer.  She may not be the best actress but she can act.  How many of you saw Gigli...I bet none of you have.  You all think it's bad because of the reviewers basing it on the awkward chemistry between Ben and Jen's characters in the movie.  The only reason why it was rated bad was because she was a lesbian in the movie, whereas in real life, they were dating.  People only like it when art imitates life.  You people are so immature to realize that not everything you hear is real.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by me

Wow, you people need to grow up.  All you 12 year olds sitting at your computers calling her J-Ho....wow that is real original, is that the best you can come up with.  Jennifer Lopez is not a bad actress.  Singer, maybe.  But for the people saying she should stick to CD's, she was an actress way before she was a singer, she is definitely a better actress than singer.  She may not be the best actress but she can act.  People only like it when art imitates life.  You people are so immature to realize that not everything you hear is real.
Since you're defending J-Lo I'm going to assume you're about 14. Therefore the one that's immature is you not me. There's a slight difference between Jennifer Lopez and Meryl Streep who has been nominated for twelve Oscars. I don't recall J-Lo ever being nominated. In some of Meryl Streep's movies she has played a South African woman, an Australian and a southerner. Do you seriously think Jennifer Lopez could pull off a South African accent? She's a movie star, not an actress.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by O Jay

I usually don't write anything when I hear negative remarks about talented stars - but this is the last straw!!  J.Lo may not be Katherine Hephurn but she is the Latina Reese Witherspoon.  All her movies have been good except for Gigli - which was good compared to many movies released that year.  If Monster-In-Law was so bad why did it go to Number 1!!
Just because a movie makes #1 doesn't mean it's a good movie! Twister and Independance Day were #1 winners. They are both also some of the most ridiculous films ever. Saying she's a Latin Reese Whitherspoon isn't saying much since Rhesus only does romantic comedies. (Only women like Reese, sorry it's true) If you think her movies are good I've got some property to sell you.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:40am
Funny...I was about to say that JELLO has more acting skills...
...... View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ...... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 8:13am

"Saying she's a Latin Reese Whitherspoon isn't saying much since Rhesus only does romantic comedies. (Only women like Reese, sorry it's true) If you think her movies are good I've got some property to sell you."

That comment is very ignorant considering that shes up for best actress at the oscars this year.  Just a little heads up

nadia View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote nadia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 12:18am

J-Ho is the very bad actress of this century. Her movies are very bad, and when she sings it's impossible to stay until the end of the song. So what is she doing in show biz?  I PREFER hearing Mariah Carey than to listen always to the same thing: "I have money, but I'm still real..."

lili View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote lili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 1:54pm

well i think she knows how to sing a little bit

lili View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote lili Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2006 at 1:55pm
well acually she is not a very good singer shes a bitch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>