Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > FROM PARIS WITH LOVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

John Travolta Stars as CUE-BALL in...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Travolta Stars as CUE-BALL in...
    Posted: February 06 2010 at 1:40pm
How's this for a comment on the Royale with Cheese joke in the trailer: "Haha, see, I made a reference to the last good movie I was in! (Pauses, then looks to the director) When do I get my paycheck?"
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 1:46pm
Better.
-Iron helps us play-
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2010 at 8:51pm
Or, how about this?
John: "I have this badass idea, it'll make the movie really edgy! Have the camera tilted sideways throughout the entire movie! You know, so it seems everyone have this crooked point of view of life! Wouldn't that be kick-ass!?" (Director stares at him blankly). John: "By the way, is my paycheck going to be in dollars or francs?".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
alake85 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote alake85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2010 at 11:03am
John Travlota is still one of our best actors, let's not forget Pulp Fiction...which this stupid film references, even in the trailer. Although we have seen the likes of this (and even worse Battlefield Earth) he still goes to sleep on Egyptian Cotton Sheets every night because of work like this. If you were offered over 10 million to run around Paris for a few months and act like an ass, you would too!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 4:00pm
It's weird! His performance in HAIRSPRAY is one of my favorites...yet,I don't like him in general. Whether I see his very Mexican "Sandy...Ayayay!" in GREASE, or his sad Stallone eyes in SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE--FEVER! 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 4:57pm
Well, if an actor has at least one good performance, I guess you can forgive him based on that one performance. However, if he then goes and ruins it with 100 BAD performances...
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 11:24pm
Can John Travolta's career even be saved?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 4:45am
Travolta's career could be saved, if he were cast in a movie with a director who had actual talent and storytelling ability.
-1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote -1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:24am
Finally saw this..... and it sucks. (Surprise!)

The plot is predictable and ridiculous, the action isn't all that impressive, and when Travolta went into this, it seems like the director just said to him, "You know that Pelham 1 2 3 movie you were just in? Well, just act like that, but make it so over-the-top and stupid it isn't cool!" 
One push is all you need.....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by -1

The plot is predictable and ridiculous, the action isn't all that impressive, and when Travolta went into this, it seems like the director just said to him, "You know that Pelham 1 2 3 movie you were just in? Well, just act like that, but make it so over-the-top and stupid it isn't cool!" 
Not to mention it's an action movie ... in France of all the place, the country that bent over backwards for the Nazis.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 3:03pm
I didn't want to see at first because I honestly thought it was a lame romantic drama...you know,because of the title.
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Not to mention it's an action movie ... in France of all the place, the country that bent over backwards for the Nazis.
So I'm guessing you finally got tired of bashing Hollywood with the exact same words over and over,and now you'll re-start with your political views?Well whoopdi-freaking-do!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 4:48pm
There's a LOT of bad blood between all of us now; I can feel it. :worried: By the way, I don't recall France bending over backwards for Nazi Germany.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Vits

So I'm guessing you finally got tired of bashing Hollywood with the exact same words over and over,and now you'll re-start with your political views?Well whoopdi-freaking-do!
Yeah, so? saturnwatcher does it, too, and he's the best (and smartest) poster here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2010 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by GTAHater767

By the way, I don't recall France bending over backwards for Nazi Germany.
Wait, so you don't know about the 70 years worth of jokes about how France surrendered to the Nazis without putting up a fight? It's one of the things the country is most famous for.
ziesha View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 3:58am

A blistering pace, a certifiable performance from Travolta and a delicious body count. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by ziesha

A blistering pace, a certifiable performance from Travolta and a delicious body count. 
Well, that's one way to describe a run-of-the-mill action movie.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>