Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > LITTLE FOCKERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Just How FOCKing Awful IZ It?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just How FOCKing Awful IZ It?!?!?
    Posted: December 21 2010 at 10:41am
2010 WAS a YEAR CHOCK-FULL-o-SCHLOCKY REMAKES, RIP-OFFS and SEQUELS. YET IT SOMEHOW SEEMS APPROPRIATE THAT TINSEL TOWN SAVED ONE of the BERRY WORST EXAMPLES of ITS CREATIVE BAKRUPTCY for YEAR's END: LITTLE FOCKERS IS AMONG the MOST BLATANT BUX-GRUBBING/BONE-HEADED "COMEDIES" of LAST YEAR.  AND in a YEAR THAT INCLUDED BOUNTY HUNTER, FURRY VENGEANCE, GROWN-UPS, KILLERS, LIFE AS WE KNOW IT, MARMADUKE, SEX & THE CITY #2, THE TOOTH FAIRY, VAMPIRES SUCK, WHEN IN ROME, YOGI BEAR and MORE, THAT'S SAYING a LOT

WITH a CAST of BIG NAMES ACCUSTOMED to BEING OSCAR® BAIT RATHER THAN RAZZIE® TARGETS, FOCKERS #3 IS SO BAD THAT the FIRST TV ADz for IT WERE 90% CLIPS from the PREVIOUS TWO FILMS -- NEVER a GOOD SIGN. 

SPEAKING of 90%, THAT's ALSO THIS FILM's APPROXIMATE NEGATIVE RATING at R.T. 

EVERYTHING POINTED to THIS MAYBE BEING the LAST REAL RAZZIE® WORTHY MOVIE of 2010 -- BUT THEN, GULLIVER'S TRAVELS OPENED on CHRISTMAS DAY...and IT WASN'T PRE-SCREENED for CRITICS at ALL! 

OUR FORUM MEMBERS TOOK a BREAK from BASTING THEIR HOLIDAY HAMS to LAMBASTE the CAST FULL of HAMS SHOWCASED HERE. 

YULE ENJOY YER HOLIDAZE BERRY MUCH MORE IF YOU DO, TOO! 

HOFFMAN: "So, Babs, this should've gotten me  my 
Berry First RAZZIE® Nomination..."

BABS: "It got me my third!  Thank God they don't have 
a category for Worst Frazzle-Haired Fright Wig..."  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 10:53am
If I wern't a voter, this would be the kind of film that I would try to avoid.

Am I the only person who never really liked the first film in the trilogy?
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 11:33am
Anyone who got tickets to this movie in their stocking probably ended up on Santa's Naughty List.  This film looks like a complete waste of talent.  There are a lot of big names in this picture: Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Owen Wilson (who's already in trouble for 'Marmaduke'), Jessica Alba (who's already in trouble for 'Valentine's Day'), Dustin Hoffman, Barbara Streisand, and Colin Baiocchi and Daisy Tahan (as the title characters).  These guys deserve better.

If that's not bad enough, the prognosticators on Box Office Mojo say that this will make $37.6M in its opening weekend.  Hopefully, that won't happen.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I would expect, given the popularity of the previous two FOCKER movies, that this will probably open big, then plummet after the holiday weekend. But as someone who has railed against the public and its embrace of the TWILGHT phenomenon, I am surprised that you, of all people Miguel, think there's any chance this won't do at least brisk business for its first few daze.  Among those already rating it over at B.O. MoJo as of 3pm/PST the day before its official opening (LINK) its getting 55% A's and 25% F's. Plus, there really isn't a whole lot else newly in release for entire families to go see over Xmas weekend... 

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 11:51am
I found the first movie funny for what it was, but the concept didn't have the legs to last another two movies -- and this is the proof. Like I said before, here's yet another chance for Jessica Alba to get the long-awaited Razzing that she has been ducking for so many years.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 2:04pm

Variety said that the franchise overstayed its welcome, and considering the significant drop in humor, it has.  I hear that this movie is also responsible for coining the term 'Godfocker', which is a reference to another one of De Niro's movies.  This movie will heighten the demand for a Worst Ensemble category.

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 2:17pm
I've never heard the term "Godfocker" before. Is that when someone in an all-time classic role signs up for one that could break his career?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 2:39pm
I actually thought the first of these movies was a train wreck. I just wish I could say that I am even a little surprised that it spawned two sequels. If there were ever an example of how low things have sunk in Hollywood, this is it.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 7:37pm
It's been a while since we assessed our Usual Razzie Worst Actress Suspects' talents.  By that I mean, actresses whose names are most likely to attract the attention of Razzie voters.  

Let's see, starting with an actress with no talent at all, and working toward an actress who may be talented, but picks bad films:  
Paris Hilton  
Carmen Elektra  
Megan Fox  
Jessica Alba  
Madonna  
Lindsay Lohan  
Hillary Duff  

It was difficult to place Madonna on this list.  I couldn't decide if she was more or less talented than Jessica Alba.  And yes, Alba should feel insulted by the waivering, let alone my final decision. . . .

Now I need to figure out where Miley Cyrus figures into this list.  The best I could figure is that she's more talented than Megan Fox.  Help! . . .

Any other opinions?  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 8:01pm
Why does this have a forum?! ...That's a rhetorical question.
I gave the first two 9/10, but I can see why people didn't like the 2nd one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 8:50pm
The second movie was just rehashing jokes from the first, which further proves this movie's concept didn't have the legs for any sequels. 

As much as Hollywood loves to milk a cash cow, there are just some stories that are only worth telling ONCE. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2010 at 11:35pm

Lucky thing De Niro and Harvey Keitel* (he's in this movie too, just goes to show how you can go from 'Mean Streets' and 'Reservoir Dogs' to an all time low and a time even lower) are gonna make up for this by reteaming with Martin Scorsese for the film 'The Irishman'.

*He's tipped for a role
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 3:24am
If I had children, I would definitely not take them to see this movie. I mean, in the trailer Ben Stiller injects a needle into De Niro's erect you-know-what -- that clearly isn't some "nice family fun."   

I am really glad that I grew up in a time and culture where not all children's shows were filled with sex and fart jokes!  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Plus, there really isn't a whole lot else newly in release for entire families to go see over Xmas weekend...
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 3:59am
I am not surprised that this ended up being so bad.

Don't know how it could fit on the list, though, besides Jessica Alba.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 9:15am
7% at RT!! This is a MAJOR Razzie contender! Could have nominees in every acting category:

Worst Actor: Ben Stiller, Robert DeNiro
Worst Actress: Teri Polo, Jessica Alba (depending on screen time)
Worst Supporting Actor: Owen Wilson, Dustin Hoffman, Harvey Keitel
Worst Supporting Actress: Blythe Danner, Barbra Streisand
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 11:42am
I'm pretty sure Polo and Alba are supporting.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 4:59pm
Wow! Gotta make sure this is on the list!
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>