Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > THE LAKE HOUSE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Keanu’s Not-So-Excellent Adventure...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keanu’s Not-So-Excellent Adventure...
    Posted: June 12 2006 at 6:33am

WITH a STORY-LINE "BORROWED'" from the 1980 CHRISTOPHER REEVE ROMANCE SOMEWHERE in TIME, KEANU and SANDRA ARE RE-UNITED in a VEHICLE ABOUT the KINDA BUSS...THAT'S a BIG WET KISS!

Miss Congeniality and Mister Air-Head...Together Again!

Go Ahead, Wax Romantic (or Wax RAZZ-tastic) BELOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 4:19am
Why does Reeves keep making these sickly-sweet chick flicks??  The few people who still care about dumb old Keanu only wanna see him blow stuff away, like he did in the Matrix movies. As for myself, if it's anything with him in it, I'll wait 'till it's available on Netflix, and then watch only enough of it to decide if he should (for a 7th time!) be a Worst Actor Razzie nominee...
Everything SUX!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 12:58pm
Keanu is invariably so wooden, I constantly expect the first dog that walks by to lift a leg and spray right on his pants' leg. Still, this movie strikes me as more of a monument to colossal mediocrity than a serious Razzie contender.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 5:20pm

Lets face it, he's a good looking guy... I love movies with him in them. If I turn the volume down... and pause it.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2006 at 1:34am
One question...when he is onscreen, how do you tell the difference between live action and pause?
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 8:23pm

OK, so I saw the movie today, and while it wasn't great (and I kept expecting Keanu to say "Woah!") it wasn't terrible. I mean, yeah Sandra Bullock's hair was painful, and the plot was predictable... but the estrogen in me just can't resist a cheesy, sappy, predictable chick flick.

Response from head RAZZberry: I'm confused, is "cheesy, sappy, predictable chick flick" meant to be a compliment?? Sounds like a RAZZIE contender to me!

Here's lookin' at you, Kid.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2006 at 10:04pm

Come on, don't you think the movie could have replaced Keanu with someone more common and loveable, like John Cusack... or a brick? Personally I think the latter would have given a better performance.

As for the plot: A wormhole (one of the most powerful forces in the universe, next to a black hole) is confined to... a mailbox??

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 12:50am

Originally posted by Rosen

...the plot was predictable... .

That is an understatement that ranks up there with "living in Germany in 1938 had its hazzards for most Jewish people."

There is a scene very early in the film that gives away the ending so completely they might as well have added a rolling caption along the bottom of the screen so that the audience members who rode in on the short bus wouldn't miss it.  And I kept wondering why he didn't ask her to send along a few stock tips and/or the results of every sporting event over the 2 years. I guess feeling sorry for themselves was more important than seeing the advantages of the situation.

I was also a little disappointed that he didn't try sending her a message on February 29, since 2004 was a leap year and 2006 wasn't. It might have ripped apart the fabric of the universe and put the audience out of their misery a lot earlier.

As I predicted earlier, the film probably isn't Razzie material...just profoundly average.

Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 10:12am

I'm a Jew, Saturnwatcher...haha.

And Deadguy, yes, I think they could have done so much better with the casting (Sandra Bollock's age was actually bothering me, she just finished her residency, she should have been around 25...and I I felt as if Michael Caine could have jumped out at any moment because she has NO versatility as an actress and Keanu... well, we've already discussed him) I think better choices would have been Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, they have amazing chemistry and they look so good together.

I think that the chemistry in this movie was severely lacking and it would have been so much better had they tried to go for that.

And what was with all of the plot holes? How we're they "talking" to eachother; the cafe, brushing her teeth, etc...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2006 at 4:29pm

I have a good measure of the blood as well. Nothing to cry about!  

Originally posted by Rosen

I'm a Jew, Saturnwatcher...haha.

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2006 at 11:03pm

You two wouldn't happen to work in the movie industry would you? just kidding.

Shalom

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 4:01pm

Actually I'm surprised no one mentioned what this film REALLY needed: An insane (Possibly Drug-riddled) Dennis Hopper! (Yeah, I'm a Hopper fan)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2006 at 2:06am
Well, it did have Christopher Plummer donning his "Hey! Look World! I'm Still Alive" tee-shirt.
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2006 at 6:07am

I've seen the trailers, and I like the premise that two people are interwoven within the fabric of time.   Keanu and Sandra looked good, and it had that romantic feel that my girlfriend loves.  I'll have to rent this, as it probally won't last more than a day here.  Most movies, and I mean even the good ones, only stay in the theaters for one weekend in this town. I miss a lot of movies because I can't see more than one or two in a weekend.  

I wanted to make note of time travel as portayed in movies.  Except for "Back to the Future,"  I don't recall any one ever making money!   Hey this could be a good Forum topic:   Bad Time Travel Movies...

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Actually I'm surprised no one mentioned what this film REALLY needed: An insane (Possibly Drug-riddled) Dennis Hopper! (Yeah, I'm a Hopper fan)

After seeing Apocalypse Now, Easy Rider, and Blue Velvet I think Dennis Hopper would have made any movie cool!

- Joe Queenan

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 3:25am
[QUOTE=deadguy76]

Come on, don't you think the movie could have replaced Keanu with someone more common and loveable, like John Cusack... or a brick? Personally I think the latter would have given a better performance.

Funny you should mention Mr. Cusack. He had originally been offered the part, but turned it down...go to this LINK for details .

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>