Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > THE LAKE HOUSE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Keanu’s Not-So-Excellent Adventure...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keanu’s Not-So-Excellent Adventure...
    Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:37pm

What's so bad about Keanu?!  He's a good actor!

I do like Mr. Cusack though and wouldn't have minded it too much if he had replaced Reeves.  The downside would've been that I don't think Mr.  Cusack would've had as much chemistry with Bullock as Reeves does.

Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 1:30pm
I saw this movie with my girlfriend who loves this kind of movie.  While we were pretty close on what we liked or didn't like, we both agreed that we were frequently confused.     For instance, we both felt we had missed something concerning how they communicated.   Was it instant mail, only at lightspeed?    OK, so time was messed up,   how come they could talk?   Captain Keenau could have smiled more, and I would have picked my freinds better.  I also had an issue with Keenau's dad, how come the time worm didn't affect him?  I thought he built the house?
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
Loi13 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2006 at 11:49pm
I totally agree.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 11:45am
If you want to see a GOOD film with Christopher Plummer, buy the Inside Man on Tuesday.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2006 at 9:54pm
I'll second that motion. I've seen The Inside Man twice already. So far it's my favorite movie of the year.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 12:03pm
Yeah, everyone is good in that, Denzel does great and oozes coolness, Clive Owen's calm delivery is used perfectly, Jodie Foster does a bang-up job, Dafoe is good, but not given a lot to do, and Christopher Plummer proves he's one of the best to never receive an oscar nomination, as a man hiding something. I recently watched another great Spike Lee film, the 25th hour. Another one where everyone in the cast was good, this film ( Along with the HBO Movie 61*) probably saved Barry Pepper's career after Battlefield Earth. Since those movies he was also really good in The Three Burials of Melquiadez Estrada.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2006 at 2:54pm
Well, I haven't talked much about this movie, but it looks like the time has come. All I do know is, this is the first film Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock have done in like 12 years (since SPEED, which came out back in 1994)...
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2006 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

If you want to see a GOOD film with Christopher Plummer, buy the Inside Man on Tuesday.

If you really want to see Christopher Plummer in a good film, check out his performance in "Somewhere In Time" (The movie from which a lot of the material in Lake House was "lifted" ). It's available on DVD and the performances in this movie were much more emotionally believable than those in this stale "remake."

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
AllisonSNLKid View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllisonSNLKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2006 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by Rosen

Ok, so I saw the movie today, and while it wasn't great, and I kept expecting Keanu to say "Woah..." it wasn't terrible. I mean, yeah Sandra Bullocks hair was painful, and the plot was predictable... but the estrogen in me just can't resist a cheesy, sappy, predictable chick flick.

Ithink everyone awaits another "whoah..."

He will be buried with that on his tombstone, which reminds me...

Allison:-)

"It's like some people do things because they get paid. And that's just really sad." - Garth Algar (Dana Carvey) "Wayne's World"
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2007 at 12:56pm
Allison, you just hate the fact this movie was actually good. Maybe you watched it and got confused because your mind couldn't grasp the complicated concept.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Loi13

What's so bad about Keanu?!  He's a good actor!                      

Keanu acted like a brick in here, but Sandra was actually worse! Also, two things that bothered about this movie that nobody seemed to mention were the atrocious Paul McCaurtney song and Sandra (foreign) mom.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12