Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LARRY CROWNE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LARRY CROWNE
    Posted: July 04 2011 at 9:48pm
WTF! Now Tom Hanks (who co-wrote this with Nia Vardalos, star of 3 bad films) desperately wants to win himself Razzies (for both Worst Actor and Director)? Added to that, you have 2-time Razzie nominee Julia Roberts, and I think you have one Razzie-worthy comedy.  

LET THE RAZZ-ing BEGIN!   
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:56am
I can't hate on Tom Hanks. However this movie just looks like a 90 minute ad for motor scooters. Worst Screenplay at best, and that's for Nia Vardalos.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 4:06pm
I think it's silly to suggest that Hanks wants to win himself a razzie. But I agree with the Vardalos part -- she really was a one trick phony. 
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 7:56pm
I'm pretty use NO ONE will remember this by voting time, and there will be much worse choices to choose from by then as well. Like mentioned above, if it does get a nod for anything, it will be for Vardalos. Tom Hanks is untouchable; even if this movie sucks, he probably still gave a likable performance.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:29pm

Ehren Krueger's better than Nia Vardalos.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Ehren Krueger's better than Nia Vardalos.
It's really not that hard to be a better writer than Vardalos. She just had the luck of being at the right place, at the right time, and got connections with the right Hollywood power couple.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 3:51pm
Sometimes luck has to do with everything.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 6:49am
I just saw it, and I only want it to be nominated for Worst Couple. For those who want to nominate it in other categories, I'll help you:
-Julia Roberts was also in FIREFLIES IN THE GARDEN.
-Rita Wilson was also in THE ART OF GETTING BY.
-Wilmer Valderrama was also in FROM PRADA TO NADA.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply