Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LARRY Sez: "Gimme a RAZZIE Already!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LARRY Sez: "Gimme a RAZZIE Already!"
    Posted: May 03 2009 at 3:00pm

In an interview with The St. Joseph New-Press (promoting an in-person appearance in Missouri) 2-time Worst Actor nominee Larry the Cable Guy had the following to say regarding our awards:

Reporter: Larry, are you going to make any more movies any time soon? Are you going to go for that Oscar? (laughs)

Larry: To the dismay of my critics, I will keep making movies until I win a RAZZIE.

Reporter:  You haven’t won a RAZZIE?

Larry: No. That’s what’s hypocritical -- They say all my movies suck, and that I shouldn’t be making movies. I keep getting nominated, but it’s like, dude, if I suck, then give me a RAZZIE! I know I sucked better than them other guys did.

No, my movies are great, and I love doing them. If I didn’t think they were funny, I wouldn’t do the movie. I like ‘em. I think they’re a lot of fun.

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 4:45pm
Ah, man.  For a second there, I thought he was serious...
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 11:03pm
I'd be more than happy to give him a Razzie if it would mean he'd retire the Larry character and turn back into Dan Whitney, the hackiest comedian of the 1990's.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 3:43am

I'd vote for him to get a Razzie if he would just go away completely... and take Jeff Foxworthy with him.

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:58am
And all my campaigning to give him one wasn't helping out much either...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 12:31pm

We'll get him one of these days... Maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but some day... He will get his berry!

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:55pm

So he WILL continue to make movies? In order for him to keep making movies, SOMEONE has to finance them. The more one ponders this, the more depressing it all gets...

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 3:18pm

I don't think the people financing movies really care about the quality of the films... If they did, Uwe Boll would be on the streets begging for spare Euros.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Funny you should word it that way -- Boll's current oop-us BLACKOUT is actually being financed (at least in part) by "spare Euros." Uwe's newest scheme is selling "shares" in his film to "non-professionals" at 33 Euros (about $44/US) a pop, in exchange for a share in the "profits," an invitation to the film's "premiere" and a "free" DVD of the movie. At last report, at least 165 Euros had been raised...

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 4:47pm

It's not that Larry doesn't suck, it's just that higher profile actors (who should know better) suck the same years he does.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:05pm

I curse those actors that should know better!

Originally posted by Michaels

It's not that Larry doesn't suck, it's just that higher profile actors (who should know better) suck the same years he does.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 10:57am

Ah, the great Uwe Boll, now reduced to e-begging.  Which means he's even lower on the film-making ladder than film students. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Funny you should word it that way -- Boll's current oop-us BLACKOUT is actually being financed (at least in part) by "spare Euros." Uwe's newest scheme is selling "shares" in his film to "non-professionals" at 33 Euros (about $44/US) a pop, in exchange for a share in the "profits," an invitation to the film's "premiere" and a "free" DVD of the movie. At last report, at least 165 Euros had been raised...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 5:22pm

Sweet... for a mere 44 dollars, I can be part of a potential Razzie winner? Could I actually vote for it then, if it was nominated for Worst Picture? Seems like a conflict of interest, though...

Well, if I give Boll money, he sure as hell better give me some credit in the film... or maybe the opportunity to accept the Razzie when it "wins"... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 1:44am
I definitely see the potential for a real ethical dilemma here. All of us pass the hat for the express purpose of funding a film we know we might well reward later on? In essense, the Razzie Awards becomes the financing arm for our own eventual  recepients. Wow. Head Razz, I think you'd better call an emergency session of The Rules Committee on this one!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 5:24am

I mean on one hand, financing our future recipients would be fueling the downfall of the movie industry, and that would be bad...

On the other hand, we'd be guaranteed to have movies to Razz for years to come...

An ethical quandry indeed!

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Michaels

Ah, the great Uwe Boll, now reduced to e-begging.  Which means he's even lower on the film-making ladder than film students. 

<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3>RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Funny you should word it that way -- Boll's current oop-us <FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" color=#000000 size=3>BLACKOUT<FONT face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size=3> is actually being financed (at least in part) by "spare Euros." Uwe's newest scheme is selling "shares" in his film to "non-professionals" at 33 Euros (about $44/US) a pop, in exchange for a share in the "profits," an invitation to the film's "premiere" and a "free" DVD of the movie. At last report, at least 165 Euros had been raised...

Say what you like about Boll, but he is easily one of the most interesting characters in entertainment history. He'll sure have his own "Ed Wood" style movie made about him some day. Hopefully he'll be in it. I still just find it impossible to hate that guy. He cracks me up. I want him to adopt me.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 11:46am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

On the other hand, we'd be guaranteed to have movies to Razz for years to come...

Just a hunch here, but I'm thinking that we'll "have movies to Razz for years to come" if we never invest a stinking nickel in the industry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>