Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > FAST & FURIOUS (2009)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Last & Hardly Luxurious...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Last & Hardly Luxurious...
    Posted: March 30 2009 at 3:00am

HOW LAZY CAN HOLLYWOOD GET? FOR THIS 4th ENTRY in ONE of the LAMEST "FRANCHISES" STILL GOING, THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER to COME UP WITH a SUBTITLE -- INSTEAD, THEY REPLACED the WORD "AND" with an AMPERSAND, THUS "CLEVERLY" AVOIDING ADMITTING THAT the "SERIES" WAS FOUR FILMS IN and FAST RUNNING OUT of GAS .

FURTHER EXHIBITING THEIR LACK OF ORIGINALITY, THEY'VE ALSO BROUGHT BACK SEVERAL of the FIRST FILM's CAST, INCLUDING LIKELY WORST ACTOR REPEAT OFFENDER VIN DIESEL.

THE ONE POSITIVE: THE CAR STUNTS in the TRAILER for FAST & FURIOUS ARE SPECTACULAR....and AT the SAME TIME, SPECTACULARLY OVER-the-TOP.

11-YEAR-OLD BOYS (and THEIR MENTAL EQUALS) LOVED IT! 

OKAY, FORUM POSTERS, TIME to REV YOUR RAZZIE® ENGINES, DUST OFF YOUR HOKIEST CAR-RACING CLICHE'S, and TAKE OFF...

DIESEL: "Don't take those RAZZIE® Forum folks' comments so literally -- It was just a figure of speech when they said you were the human equivalent of a hood ornament..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RoadDogXVIII View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoadDogXVIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 4:35am
Well, it seems they're going with what made the franchise so popular, so they're bringing back the cast of the first one, then tie the events that lead to The Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Still, considering Justin Lin directed the last one, and it was just a howler in every sense of the word (I wanted to pound the bad guy as much as I wanna pound every character on The Suite Life of Zack & Cody, he was just so annoying; it lacked the humor of 2 Fast 2 Furious), consider it an epic fail.

Adventureland will be the best of the week. I haven't seen pussy-prowlin' Ryan Reynolds for quite some time.
You think you know, but you have no idea.
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 7:09am

The problem I had with the last two movies was that they didn't have Vin Diesel and Paul Walker together. Now they're back together in this movie, so that's a plus... 

But the fact that they called it Fast & Furious (which sounds like the first film) really takes it down a notch. What's wrong with calling it Fast and the Furious 4? What a ***load of f**k! lol Angry Video Game Nerd reference for the win!

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:24am

You're all overlooking the entire dropping the word "the"... TWICE... This is clearly a major change!

-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:29am

Actually, for them to remove the words "The" and change the and to an ampersand is a fairly interesting marketing move on their part, since it sounds so much like the first movie. They want to evoke memories of the first film with the title, and kind of try to avoid the other two.

While I still think the movie is going to most likely suck, and pander to the ADD crowd, I think their choice in a name is actually fairly good marketing...

Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:46am
At least the title isn't as dumb as "2 Fast, 2 Furious" (or "Blood & Chocolate" for that matter). But once this movie is out on DVD, I expect it will be confused with the first movie more than once, since most of the fans of the series also dropped the "the's" when they talked about the original movie. From what I hear, this is actually "Fast and Furious 2 1/2", since it's what "2F, 2F" should have been if the producers were able to keep the original cast together. It seems that all though Christopher Nolan rebooting the Batman movie series was one of the greatest things to come out of H-Wood, at least for that series, leave it to H-Wood to take a good idea and ruin it by applying it to every other dead movie series that should remain dead. Granted, the stunts look insanely good, but not enough for my $10. I declare this a rental.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 8:47am

I actually thought the third film was the best, seeing how it deals much more with plot, and there were some fantastic car chases, including the final showdown. And they were well shot.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Seriously, moviewizeguy, are there even 12 films you don't like? TOKYO DRIFT not only bombed at the box office (grossing only about 49% of what FF2 did) it also got about 65% negative reviews at RT -- Meaning, once again, you are all but alone in praising a movie that the overwhelming majority of movie-goers and critics considered mediocre at best...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 9:38am

I figure this one isn't even worth a rental... I was thinking more along the lines of "If it shows up on Cable, I might watch it."

Although, I suppose the car stunts MIGHT make it worth renting...

Originally posted by Michaels

At least the title isn't as dumb as "2 Fast, 2 Furious" (or "Blood & Chocolate" for that matter). But once this movie is out on DVD, I expect it will be confused with the first movie more than once, since most of the fans of the series also dropped the "the's" when they talked about the original movie. From what I hear, this is actually "Fast and Furious 2 1/2", since it's what "2F, 2F" should have been if the producers were able to keep the original cast together. It seems that all though Christopher Nolan rebooting the Batman movie series was one of the greatest things to come out of H-Wood, at least for that series, leave it to H-Wood to take a good idea and ruin it by applying it to every other dead movie series that should remain dead. Granted, the stunts look insanely good, but not enough for my $10. I declare this a rental.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:08am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Seriously, moviewizeguy, are there even 12 films you don't like?

He didn't like Watchmen. It had a seeeeex scene in it... which was part of the source material. And it was apparently all about kung fu fighting that lead up to the bad guy winning at the end.
But ultimately, you can see the appeal of a site that exists to slam bad movies has to a person who's a fan of everything H-Wood craps out.

Someone needs to invent some HTML code or something to denote sarcasm.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:13am
Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Actually, for them to remove the words "The" and change the and to an ampersand is a fairly interesting marketing move on their part, since it sounds so much like the first movie. They want to evoke memories of the first film with the title, and kind of try to avoid the other two.

While I still think the movie is going to most likely suck, and pander to the ADD crowd, I think their choice in a name is actually fairly good marketing...

I've got an idea, guys... Ok, we're going to start working on "Mall Cop: Paul Blart," and have it ready for release around Christmas time this year.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:51am
Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

I've got an idea, guys... Ok, we're going to start working on "Mall Cop: Paul Blart," and have it ready for release around Christmas time this year.

Mall Cop: Paul Blart! That's a great idea. Can we reunite the cast from the original, or are we going to have to put in Vin Diesel in that one, too?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:59am
No, we gotta get that kid from Ace Ventura 3 to play him this time.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 12:35pm

No, we gotta get that kid from Ace Ventura 3 to play him this time.

...Kill me now. Please?
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Seriously, moviewizeguy, are there even 12 films you don't like?

Umm...yes, I hated 2 Fast and 2 Furious. The sequel even got a lower RT rating than the third film, Razz, so I don't know what you're talking about. And do you really think box office equates to quality? To add onto that, the third film had no returning castmembers, and it still opened #1 in the box office in its first week, similar to that of Underworld 3. Now that's a great opening, considering those facts. I wanted to kill myself during the second, which is probably why I liked the third, because it was better than the second AND the first. If you've seen the third, which, I wasn't ever going to bother to see it in the first place, you will understand my reasoning. Like I said, unlike the first and second, it's not just about "street racing." It's something more, which is why Roger Ebert also liked the 3rd film. It surprised me.

RE-RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I was hardly suggesting  "box office equates to quality" (something I find it ironic that you would dare call anyone on, since you have done exactly that in post after post on this very Forum).  Instead, I was using the fact that the dismal box office on FF3 (combined with its less-than-stellar RT Rating) make it clear almost no one liked the film. No one, that is, but our own Defender of the Indefinsible, Moviewizeguy...

He didn't like Watchmen. It had a seeeeex scene in it... which was part of the source material. And it was apparently all about kung fu fighting that lead up to the bad guy winning at the end.
But ultimately, you can see the appeal of a site that exists to slam bad movies has to a person who's a fan of everything H-Wood craps out.

Someone needs to invent some HTML code or something to denote sarcasm.

Your pointless bickering adds nothing to the discussion. I don't even know why you try. Are you trying to make yourself look like a dumb idiot because it sure is working. Anyway, answering your childish comments, I said sex scene because people complained about it. I didn't mind it. I didn't mind a thing I said in the "Knowing" board. I was making a point. Everyone else complained about it. A recent poll shows that the most distracting thing in the film was, in fact, the thing itself.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 5:41pm

And once again, we go back to the "sex scene and bad guy winning equals bad movie because I wasn't able to read between the lines of what those scenes were really about, but movie with alien/angels at the end some how made me "think" equals good movie".

I'll explains this one more time, the bad guy won because he achieved world peace because he made countries look past their differences and join together to fight a common foe, the no longer human Dr. Manhattan. Comparing that to nuking Japan makes no sense. Japan was a showcase of "We are America, we have this new weapon, so we are the new superpower. Give up this war or else we will keep killing your people in the millions". In "Watchmen", it was "People of Earth need to look past our hate towards our fellow man because there is a new threat in the form of this demi-god who no longer relates to us and is now attacking us because he thinks we are inferior". But hey, the bad guy winning in the end isn't your thing, big plot twist endings are. Every forum needs a black sheep to argue with everyone just for the sake of arguing. 

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:24pm
Oooh, you guys are asking for it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>