Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > GET SMART
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Let’s Hope It DOES "Get Smart" with Us!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Let’s Hope It DOES "Get Smart" with Us!!
    Posted: June 22 2008 at 5:12pm

I saw the movie this weekend as well and was totally shocked!!!...

It was actually very good...I had gone in with very low hopes of this being even semi-close to the classic "Get Smart," but it actually came pretty close.

Great performances by Carrel and Arkin -- what helped was they brought some of there own personality into the roles they portrayed.

The movie was reminiscent of the old TV show, updated with some of today's political views. Look for a great cameo of Bernie Kopel as an infuriated driver while Max is trying to get a car.

Overall 8 out of 10, can't wait to see it again.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 1:14pm
So I just saw this movie, it was actually pretty good, it has some slow parts,
but overall it was mostly satisfying; I had a good time.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 4:26am
I liked this movie. However that wasn't Malcolm McDowell as Siegfried, that was Terrance Stamp. And he did do a great job.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 6:43am

What I like to know is if HeadRAZZ is still thinking that this movie was as bad as he originally thought...or maybe that "Love Guru" should have been his choice for worst movie of weak of June 20th.

What I would suggest is since all the releases this weekend are well above fresh at RT (Well above the 70% level) is that we posthumously give "Love Guru" worst movie of the weak as well as possibly worst movie of the summer (and possibly Mike Meyers career).

Your thoughts....

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 8:26am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I added a Forum on LOVE GURU several daze ago -- And also picked it as possibly The Worst Movie of the SUMMER on our web site's Main Page June 26. Anywaze, here's a LINK to the various Forum pages for GURU...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 2:28pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

I liked this movie. However that wasn't Malcolm McDowell as Siegfried, that was Terrance Stamp. And he did do a great job.

Ugh.    You're right.  I'll re-edit my post.

Do any of Terence Stamp's movies feature Beethoven's 9th? . . .

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 12:51pm
Now I'll tell you something that should get a Razzie, the "Get Smart" spin-off movie, "Bruce And Llyod: Out of CONTROL". Sure it was DVD release only, but man, it made "Wild Wild West" look like comedic gold!
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2008 at 11:35pm
For Your Consideration:

Worst Actor in a Leading Role: Steve Carell (Get Smart)
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2008 at 1:44am

I didn't think he was THAT bad, but if this flick gets anything, it should be Worst Screenplay. It could have been much, much better.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
stellaf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote stellaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 12:11am
Hello everyone,

I am stella and I am new here.

stellaf View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote stellaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 12:15am
Nice discussion.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2012 at 4:00pm
Skip to 07:57.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123