Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > THE SHAGGY DOG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LICK ME, YOU FOOL!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LICK ME, YOU FOOL!
    Posted: March 10 2006 at 1:49am

IT'S TIM ALLEN TURNING INTO a DOG...IN A MOVIE THAT TURNED OUT TO BE...A BOX OFFICE DOG!

When EVERY ad features the same lame old-lady-with-a-walker-knocked-into-a-tree gag, you figure they haven't got much to work with. And you'd be right. A remake of the surprise 1959 hit about a teen-ager turned into a hound, this one's definitely barking up the wrong box office tree. But let's throw this dog a bone: It did suck enough to be a Worst Actor contender...

For Additional Info on this title (Reviews, Box Office Grosses, Official Site, Cast & Credits, etc.) CLICK HERE 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 9:20am
I always knew this film would be really dumb. I mean, besides Worst Actor, this could also be a Worst Remake or Sequel contender.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 1:52pm
It needs a tree to relieve itself on...not the viewing public...

The original really wasn't that good to begin with... Why mess with a bad movie to begin with...when they can only make it worse???
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2006 at 5:09pm
Just looking at the poster reminded me of how much I miss Seinfeld.
moorlock2003 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moorlock2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 9:17am
Am I the only one who thinks Tim Allen is one butt-ugly dude? I give him credit; he looks better as a dog.
Fred Cooper
skater_gurl14 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote skater_gurl14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 3:04am
Tim Allen makes the crappiest movies: Santa Claus 2, X-mas with the Kranks! Dude, he sucks!
Don't Hate the playa hate the game
bobw View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bobw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 4:26am
My son said it best "Dad this movie is DUMB!"
Thanks, kid...you're right!
It takes millions to make a good movie, it costs millions to make a bad one!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 8:45am

I just had a nasty vision: Adam Sandler starring in a remake of The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

I hope nobody from Hollywood reads that.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2006 at 1:44pm

One of the primary reasons Walt Disney was a Hollywood giant was the simple fact that he tried to be original with everything, despite his brother's complaints that he was going to bankrupt them every time.  Compare that to the late Eisner/early Iger period, where they seem to be doing little but remakes and sequels. 

Speaking of the latter two, I've given them their due in fan fiction.  Eisner, in the first interest, tells his associates that he feels Flight of the Navigator would never work as a picture--after he's been rammed by the spaceship itself (co-piloted in this tale by Marty McFly and other 80s science film characters) and dumped into the obligatory BTTF manure truck.  Upon seeing Eisner's fate, the Doc comments that, despite his reservations about changing history, offing Eisner might not necessarily be a bad thing.  Iger, in the meantime, is going to get his due in a Monk story I'm starting, in which America's favorite defective detective will literally drive him  to drink after one day at the park... 

adam View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 9:11am
I have never seen a Tim Allen movie in my life and I never plan to. Except once when my friends dragged me into CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS. It was horrible.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2006 at 4:07pm
I still remember the ORIGINAL "Shaggy Dog" with Tommy Kirk and Fred MacMurray because it was the first movie I ever went to see. I laughed myself sick over it.

Once again, Tim Allen brings his reverse Midas Touch to anything he does on the big screen. If anyone deserves a resurrection of John Water's ODORAMA, it's this overrated twit...
2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 4:33am

Finally saw this on DVD last night: Was the screenplay written by a retarded 5-year-old?? The basic premise -- that a certain sheepdog had a chemical imbalance that reversed the usual one-human-year-is-seven-dog-years formula -- was so idiotic it was embarrassing. And the "special effects" with Tim Allen "running on all fours" were utterly lame. And poor Robert Downey Jr. as the bad guy -- He made Rupert Everett in Inspector Gadget seem subtle! I can see why this one tanked... 

Bottom Line: A definite Razzie contender -- In multiple categories!!

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2006 at 9:17am

I don't know why you're complaining; My wife and Kids want to see ZOOM at the Markdown Theater this weekend. Like I predicted, it did not take to long for it to get there, and it was the only way I was going to let them see it! But even after I begged and pleaded with her about how awful everybody on the planet has says it is after they saw it, she still insists on seeing it. She is a big fan of the Tool Man, and doesn't know how far Tim has let himself go.

Anyways, pray for me brother, pray that I have 1 brain cell left after seeing ZOOM this weekend!!    

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 3:50pm
I actually rented this movie last week,, and it definitely turned out pretty bad. ZOOM, doesn't look that good either. And with SANTA CLAUSE 3 due out in November, it looks like it's finally gonna happen: Tim Allen's finally going to get a Razzie nomination.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2006 at 6:06am
One thing for sure, this movie is just a waste of money, even when it was in theaters. At least I was glad I didn't waste 7 bucks for this piece of .
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2006 at 3:45pm

Not only are things going from bad to worse for Tim Allen, but for Steve Martin as well -- and many other actors. Anyways, if I had to say one thing to Hollywood, I'd tell them: "Please try to stop Disney from making any more lousy remakes!" But since Disney has made money on many of these remakes, they'll keep making more. Looks like no one can stop them!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>