Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 28th Annual RAZZIE® "Winners" > I KNOW WHO KILLED ME...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lindsay in a Look-Alike "Thriller/Killer"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lindsay in a Look-Alike "Thriller/Killer"
    Posted: January 28 2008 at 8:11am

“I want our relationship to be like the one MARTIN SCORSESE and LEONARDO DiCAPRIO have.” I nearly died laughing from that quote.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Adam View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2008 at 8:04pm

I have to agree with Jack Spencer a bit here. Though the train towards
the coronation of "I Know Who Killed Me" as Worst Picture and Lindsay as
"Worst Actress" seems to be rolling with huge momentum, I'm not
convinced they've got my vote.

Oh, it's terrible. And it's laugh-out-loud terrible at times. My favorite
thing about the fully-clothed "strip tease" is that the thoroughly dazed
Lindsay looks pretty convincingly (and accidentally) like so many
thoroughly dazed REAL strippers! Yeeha!

And though the movie really is laughable at times, at others it's just
pretty standardly bad. I don't find it as incandescently brilliantly
horrendous as "Wicker Man" or "Dirty Love." Still, it's a contender.

Lindsay Lohan for Worst Actress, though? I don't think so. She's got
some truly terrible moments (like that strip-tease, for instance), but
most of the time she's just... dull. A competent film actress in wretched
decline and riding on autopilot as she awaits the big bag of money to fuel
her next binge. She doesn't make a lot of the huge, ill-advised choices
that I associate with a truly Worst Actress-worthy performance. [Like
Sharon Stone last year, or Jenny McCarthy the year before.] No, she
mostly makes standard, uninspired choices and executes them somewhat
adequately, for the most part. Bad? Definitely. Worst? I just don't see it.

No, let's face it. We'd be giving it to Lindsay for the headlines, for the
personal life, for the joy of making her descent "official." Is that what we
want the award to be?

Possibly, I suppose.   Possibly we do.     But I'm not sure that's how I'm
gonna vote.

Jack Spencer Jr View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 8:08am
Thanks, Adam.

I'd also like to take a moment and stick up for Worst Supporting Actress Nominee, Julia Ormond, who's performance could be considered a lone bright spot in this film. Or it would if the script didn't have her saying and doing stupid things. But we can hardly blame her for that, beyond blaming her for signing onto this movie in the first place. She was given two lengthy speeches, obviously intended to be Oscar Clip Moments. Making it all the more heartbreaking that she got a Razzie nod instead. But them's the breaks..

As such, I don't think she deserve the award, either. I'm less worried that she'll get it since she faces stiffer competition that Miss Lohan. I'm just surprised she was nominated out of all the supporting characters in that movie. She wasn't given good things to do, but what she was given, she worked with as best as anyone could and it seemed to me that the scene where she showed Lohan the sonogram veered dangerously close to "good." Lohan's otherwise lazy acting in that movie moved up a peg in that scene.

Just my two cents, there.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2008 at 3:11pm
The more I watch this on DVD, the more I regret not suggesting to the Head Razz that we should have nominated Dakota's Bionic Arm and Bionic Leg for Worst Screen Couple because they kept running out of power at the most inopportune moments!
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 11:04am
Actually, her leg ran out of power often while the arm had no such problem. I suspect it ran on liquid skank.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 2:11pm

Originally posted by Jack Spencer Jr

Actually, her leg ran out of power often while the arm had no such problem. I suspect it ran on liquid skank.

I thought the skank ran on liquid. . . .

Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2008 at 11:22pm
Touché, pussycat.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 4:00am
I was just on Agony Booth and there's a review there. And it's our Berry Good Friend Jack Spencer Jr. Also, he's a nerd and fat.
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 11:20am
Hey, thanks for reading. I worked hard on that recap, so I hope people like it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 11:46am
I had a damn good read.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 3:51pm

In reference to Lohan's tribute to Marilyn Monroe:

Can it be considered a wise career move to pose nude in New York magazine (and what’s New York magazine doing showing nudes?) on the eve of a Razzie ceremony where there’s a good possibility she is going to garner worst actress?  Lindsay, couldn’t you wait until AFTER the Razzie Awards?

In case you didn't click the link on the front page of this website, click here.

And that movie reporter doesn’t know his stuff.  Lohan does have a picture in the works.  Don’t laugh too hard—it’s called “Dare to Love Me”. 

Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2008 at 9:02pm
A better question about the Monroe pictures would be, is it really a good idea to re-create the last photo session Marilyn Monroe did before she was found dead of a drug overdose?

Sometimes comedy just writes itself, but sometimes it's pretty tasteless.

And last I knew, Dare to Love Me was in trouble, either money problems or script problems which the writer's strike did not help.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2008 at 1:10am

You're right, Jack.  It's in poor taste, and considering all she put herself through last year, its context is all wrong.  A Razzie may be a perfect coda to the publicity from that photo shoot.

As for whether money or script problems plague Dare to Love Me, well, they didn't spend a lot of money on nor did they address any of the script problems with I Know Who Killed Me, and it still got made.

Maybe they'll learn their lesson this time?

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2008 at 4:25am
I'm kind of wondering if Lindsay Lohan can do much of anything that would really constitute a bad career move at this point. When you've hit the bottom she's reached, pretty much anything becomes a comeback vehicle.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jack Spencer Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 6:32am
Alright. Eight wins! Let me tell you, after watching this thing numerous times to write my recap, am I ever glad it won something, much less got a new Razzie record. And at least Julia Ormond got out unscathed. She didn't deserve it, anyway.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2008 at 12:45pm
Well, although I agree with you that Julia Ormond's performance didn't deserve a Razzie, as good as she made it despite the script and direction, I feel the only reason why she didn't receive a Razzie was because Eddie Murphy's Rasputia was hands down the worst performance of the supporting actress nominees.  If it wasn't for Eddie Murphy, the juggernaut targeting I Know Who Killed Me would have landed Julia Ormond a Razzie, too. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>