Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > Official Stuff for ROCKY BALBOA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LINK 2 ROCKY BALBOA Blog...!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINK 2 ROCKY BALBOA Blog...!
    Posted: April 05 2006 at 3:02am

SLY: "Yo, to catch my ENTIRE Ego on camera, ya gotta pan UP!!"

Hear the stirring "Theme from ROCKY" ("Gonna Fly, Now")!  Get an idea of how the releasing companies plan to unload this Top Tier Turkey just in time for Christmas. And check out how many different companies Awl-Time RAZZIE Cham-Peen Sylvester Stallone had to pitch to get this Godawful Idea Green-Lighted!!  It's The Official Site for what already ranks as one of our 2006 Worst Picture Front-Runners: ROCKY BALBOA (aka ROCKY XVII)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 10:36am

Evidently, part of the plot involves the fact that Rocky is now a widower, as poor, long suffering Adrian is now taking the big dirt nap. At least she won't have to appear in the movie. (On the other hand, if she does, we have our Worst Screen Couple "winner" hands down!)

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 1:14am
Good Lord, we're getting closer to that Rocky poster in Airplane every
day!
adam View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 8:27am
Burgess Meredith is rolling in his grave.
Joe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2006 at 3:05pm

How could you nominate it already? It didn't even come out yet...

REPLY from HeadRAZZberry: Where does it say we nominated it already? Based on Stallone's staggering RAZZIE Track Record, I'd say it's an easy bet it WILL eventually be nominated for numerous RAZZIES. But, no, we haven't "already nominated" ROCKY VI...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 4:36am

Responding to "Joe" above:

1. Rocky 1 was arguably the worst movie ever to win the Oscar

2. Every Rocky movie since has been progressively worse.

3. The plot evidently involves 50-something Rocky climbing back into the ring to regain his title. Apart from the sheer absurdity, the world needs that about as badly as it needs another Bush sitting in the White House, ever again.

4. Sylvester  Stallone is at or near the top of the all time Razzie nominee leader board. His mere appearance in any movie is likely to earn a Razzie nomination.

5. Stallone's ego in thinking anyone wants to see his creation, the now geriatric Rocky Balboa, climb into the ring again is Razzie worthy, just for the idea.

6. If we don't nominate it, he will probably make another one!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Joe View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 8:45am

well, let's say for instance he surprises you, and it turns out to be really good, regardless of the chances of it happening, then what willl happen?

has something similar ever happened to your organization before?

just wondering!

Fanthomas View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fanthomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 12:27pm

Rocky I, II, III, IV and... (phew!!!, i´m breath short) V are not good movies, but have some moments, and no matter how bad they are, at least the first 3 are inspirational, millions of people have seen it and consider it good movies, i think they´ll actually see Rocky VI just for nostalgia.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2006 at 4:43pm

Again responding to "Joe" above:

Any physicist will acknowledge the possibility that a pan of water could be placed over a heat source, and all the energy could be absorbed by the pan while the heat energy from the water is also absorbed, permitting the water to freeze while the pan grows hotter. The probability is so exceedingly tiny that something like that might happen one time, in one location, in the entire life of the universe. Effectively, the probability is so close to zero that one would ignore it as the possible outcome of an experiment.

The probabilities of the next installment of Rocky being good may not be quite that low, but they are sufficiently small that I think we can ignore the scenario just as safely.

sgporsche48 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sgporsche48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2006 at 6:26pm
They should name it what it really is: George Foreman the movie.
Except he isn't a widower.
Also, isn't Rocky like brain damaged after the XIX one.
adam View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote adam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2006 at 2:08pm
The first movie was great just because of Burgess Meredith's strong (and somewhat funny) supporting role. And the memorable score. Otherwise, Stallone sucked as did a lot of the movie. Network should've won Best Picture and Sidney Lumet should've won best director. The other 4 Rocky movies were garbage, so this one will likely be even smellier garbage. What's next? Raging Bull: The Prequel-the story of Jake Lamotta's Childhood? or Cinderella Man 2: Braddock Loses His slipper? 
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 5:06pm
Sly's two Oscar nominations were for the first ROCKY in 1976, Best Actor and Best Original Screenplay, but he didn't win either of them, thank goodness. Peter Finch won Best Actor Oscar for NETWORK that year, and Paddy Chayefsky won Best Original Screenplay for the same film.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2006 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Joe

How could you nominate it already? It didn't even come out yet...

REPLY from HeadRAZZberry: Where does it say we nominated it already? Based on Stallone's staggering RAZZIE Track Record, I'd say it's an easy bet it WILL eventually be nominated for numerous RAZZIES. But, no, we haven't "already nominated" ROCKY VI...

THIS IS ANOTHER REPLY TO JOE

The likely hood of the Stallone not getting nominated for a RAZZIE is about as good as me winning the lottery in the next 24 hours. I have to agree with what both the HeadRAZZberry and SaturnWatcher (except for Rocky's 1 and 2, everything else from the 3 on thru the rest of his carreer, I completely agree with). I am pretty sure the only reason we are having to suffer through another Rocky (and Rambo) is for Stallone to get paid.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2006 at 11:15pm
I guess I give Sylvester Stallone even less credit. I doubt that the man particularly needs the money. I just think he is living out some weird, testosterone poisoned fantasy that his alter ego, Rocky Balboa, can still be the baddest dude on the planet at fifty something, and that the rest of us are willing to buy in. Sorry, Sly, but any fifty something male that gets into a scrap with a well trained athlete in his 20's is going to get his ass kicked 50 shades of purple...and I don't care if his name is Verne Gagne.
miladyblue View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote miladyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2006 at 8:03am
Wow... just, wow... 50 something getting in the ring with a 20 something? Can we say suicide? I knew we could!
Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer... but life imprisonment turns the state into a gay dungeon master.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 1:11pm

In case anyone missed it, Al Franken made a hilarious appearance on David Letterman a few night ago. He related a story about how Sylvester Stallone approached him at a party, and asked about Franken's recent USO tour in Iraq.

Stallone told Franken that he was supposed to go on one, but bowed out over concerns that it was too dangerous.

Franken replied, "Weren't you friggin Rambo?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>