Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > Official Stuff for ROCKY BALBOA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LINK 2 ROCKY BALBOA Blog...!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINK 2 ROCKY BALBOA Blog...!
    Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:52am
You may think no one's looking forward to another Rocky movie, but when folks like me line up around the block at theaters all over America next December, boy will you be surprised!!!!
YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!
Kendan View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kendan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 10:04am
The only ones lining up are going to be the Stallone lemmings!!  Poor, pathetic, tasteless lemmings!
fan of 30 years View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote fan of 30 years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2006 at 8:15am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

In case anyone missed it, Al Franken made a hilarious appearance on David Letterman a few night ago. He related a story about how Sylvester Stallone approached him at a party, and asked about Franken's recent USO tour in Iraq.

Stallone told Franken that he was supposed to go on one, but bowed out over concerns that it was too dangerous.

Franken replied, "Weren't you friggin Rambo?"

Well I too will be first in line to see the next Rocky movie.  I appreciate everyone's right to have an opinion, but...most of you are wrong here.  (Just stoking the fire a little)  For those of you who didn't like any of the Rocky's, then I don't expect you will like this one either.  Those of us that have been fans from the beginning are anxiously waiting for this release!  I for one bet it makes millions!!!  As far as the Franken comment... Yeah, Stallone played Rambo... but come on!  It was a movie!  He really doesn't walk around with his big hunting knife and a machine gun!  He isn't REALLY invincible to bullets and bombs... For Christ's sake... Let's say this together: It was just a role he played in a movie.

Your gonna eat lightnin' and crap thunder
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2006 at 3:13am

Franken's point was that Stallone is too big of a wimp to take a couple of weeks out of his life to go bring a little joy into the lives of the courageous men and women who put on the uniforms of our country and, right or wrong, put themselves in harm's way because we ask them to. It's something Franken has done twice. It's something Bob Hope did every year at Christmas for decades. It's something Playboy Bunnies have summoned up the courage to do without hesitation.  It's something that hundreds of other entertainers have done for decades. Stallone deserves contempt for wimping out on this one.

The roles he has played in his movies are, of course, just characters, but he has manufactured an image of himself by playing the same type of characters in pretty much every movie he as been in. People give him money for that. If pictures had ever surfaced of John Wayne lounging around home in women's clothing, I'm guessing it would have pretty much ended his movie career, given the image he projected. Since it turns out that Stallone is pretty much of a wuss, I don't think his career should suffer any less...

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
boby View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote boby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 9:17am

Obviously you know nothing aboout the Mason/Tarver character.

He is not 20 somthing, he is in fact 37.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2006 at 10:53am
Okay...that makes a lot of difference...a guy pushing 60 who hasn't been in the ring for two decades would stand a remarkably better chance against an experienced and well conditioned athlete in his late 30's. I stand corrected.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12