Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > LARRY THE CABLE GUY: HEALTH INSPECTOR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Link to Our LARRY Discussion...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Link to Our LARRY Discussion...
    Posted: February 15 2007 at 2:32am

Speaking of Larry, or Dan Whitney (his real name) I've grown up being a fan of the Blue Collar Comedy series. They had some funny stuff, as well as some un-funny stuff in Blue Collar Comedy. My question is how did Larry come to have the name Larry the Cable Guy? Is he supposed to be like one of those Cable people who connect Cable to people's houses? Just wondering...

Response from Head RAZZberry: I assume it comes from the fact that TV and cable repair guys often have an inch or more of their butt cracks peeking out above the top of their pants, and Larry features that same look in his stand-up routine...

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:36am
Larry was a lot better as a stand up comedian. Like he was when he was part of the Blue Collar Comedy crew. One other member of Blue Collar Comedy, Jeff Foxworthy, is hosting a new reality show on FOX that's called Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Who knows how that show will turn out.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 6:29am
Unfortunately, Larry didn't win the Worst Actor Razzie. But at least it was good to hear his response to being nominated: Here's a LINK to check it out...
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2007 at 4:04pm
[QUOTE/] Response from Head RAZZberry: I assume it comes from the fact that TV and cable repair guys often have an inch or more of their butt cracks peeking out above the top of their pants, and Larry features that same look in his stand-up routine...

[/QUOTE]

Ah, of course. Mostly every guy who works as a TV or cable repair guy (and for sure a mechanic) always has an inch or more of their butt crack peeking out above the top of their pants. I'm just glad I'm not one of those guys!

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 3:45am
Anyone remembering the hat that Larry wears? Well check this out: Larry's hat says, "Honky Tonk HTTP Tailgate Party".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:13pm
When this movie started on cable,I was about to go to sleep,and then told myself "Watch a few minutes,see if you like it,and then watch it another day".I turned it off after 2 minutes.Although it's not right to pre-judge,it was clear that this is full of Larry's redneck humour.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12