Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LINKS to SITES for OTHER FILM AWARDS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINKS to SITES for OTHER FILM AWARDS...
    Posted: December 15 2010 at 7:52am
Burn, this is "Awards Season" for a reason. A big number of awards are given, and if many of the winners are the same over and over again, it can't be a coincidence. 

I checked the well-reviewed comedies of this year. Most concensus say that the performances and/or the jokes are good enough to not notice the technical errors. Maybe that's why they nominated THE TOURIST: Its script sucks, but the production is alright.  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 12:53pm
So I was right, the Oscar voters are just lazy!

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The industry take on the relationship between the Globes and the Oscars is that Dick Clark Productions (which puts on the Globes broadcast) cleverly leveraged the Globes to be seen as a "harbinger" of Oscar choices to come (it's no coincidence that their nominees are announced in time to sway Academy voters, whose nominating ballots go out soon). The other big factor in the "symbiosis" between Oscars and Globes is the fact that many an AMPAS member votes without actually seeing the nominees in a theatre -- and a fair number of 'em supposedly vote without ever seeing the contenders at all (the joke is that if they don't simply replicate the Globe's choices on their ballots, they ask their gardeners, maids and chauffeurs what they saw and liked). Basically, the Globes are a giant joke that the public, because lots of stars attend their party/ceremony every January, think actually have merit. In truth, they don't...  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 3:20pm
Certainly there is a degree of laziness among AMPAS voters. However, films that win Globs don't go on to win Oscars nearly as often as they would like you to believe. In fact, I think we had this discussion here a year or so ago, and I demonstrated that the percentage of Glob winners that go on to win Oscars is extremely low.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 4:41pm
True, but the percentage of actors, actresses, screenwriters and directors winning both awards is higher than those winning both Best Picture awards.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:39pm
For what it's worth I actually have few complaints about most of the Globe nominations. All the comedy/musical categories are pretty much sh*t, but the Best Picture, director, screenplay, and actors are pretty solid. I'm also loving the fact that Katey Segel finally got her nomination as Best Actress for Sons of Anarchy and that The Pacific is up for best mini-series. 

I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:21pm
I know, right? The comedy/musical Globe categories scream of the voters thinking "Okay, which nominees will get us the most TV viewers?".   

Originally posted by Mayhem5185

For what it's worth I actually have few complaints about most of the Globe nominations. All the comedy/musical categories are pretty much sh*t, but the Best Picture, director, screenplay, and actors are pretty solid.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 7:46am
The night before they announced the nominees, I saw the pilot of THE WALKING DEAD. Coincidence? Not really. I really don't care if vampires or zombies are "it", but TRUE BLOOD's 3rd season was very average. And a lot of people were dissapointed with "24"(never saw it) and LOST (my fav. drama ever), not getting anything, but the latter's final season wasn't that great. 

The SAG Awards have also been announced. Mostly the nominees are the same that the Golden Globes, except INCEPTION is only nominated in the "Stunts" category.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 8:27am
Well, movie stunt performers are always complaining that they don't get any respect from movie award shows, so I guess this is a small step towards them getting the respect they seek.  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 11:45am
Folks,the nominations for the 2010 Vits Awards have been announced!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/blogs/?id=682474

By the way,you can still vote for "Favorite Movie" if you hadn't.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 12:28pm
Four points/questions, Vits:  

1. You don't have to post the same post on 5 different places within one forum, because... well... it kind of pisses people off.  

2. I asked this before, If one showed interest in joining your little award show, how does one join? 

3. When does a film qualify for your award show. I see films that were released a couple of years ago (Synecdoche, New York) and films that went direct-to-dvd (Titanic II) on your list. 

4. Best Director: M. Night Shyamalan? Really? Why?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 1:02pm
1)I posted it on 2010 Titles Released, but then I realized it fits better here since it's a movie award. I added it to the other forums in case some aren't suscribed to the others. 

2)You can send me a private message(you are already on my BuddyList)writing the movies nominated for "Favorite Movie" that you saw,and then rank them. 

3)The nominated movies were released in Chile in 2010, even if they went straight-to-DVD. 

4)Shyamalan isn't nominated. He's my all-time favorite. You must've read my info?? 

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 1:21pm
1. Okay, your answer confuses me (especially the last sentence of your answer). Anyway, you are aware that if you post these messages all over the place, it kind of feels and looks like spam>

2. I am new here, so I don't know everything. How does the "buddylist" work? I'll check the nominees but have to say that I havn't seen a lot of these films (so I'll try to only vote in the catergories in which I've seen everything). 

4. Right, I do believe Shyamalan is better than most people say he is, but calling him the "best director ever" is pretty daring. Please explain why you think so (just because I am intrested in the thought behind it)

P.S. till what date can I vote?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 1:29pm
Yeah, "daring" isn't the word I would use for calling Shyamalan the best director ever
 -- I would say "dated", as in he once WAS a good director, NOT any more. 4 strikes in a row; his credibility is in the sewer right now. Calling him the best director of all time is not looking at him with a critical eye at all. I love Chris Nolan's work, but by no means am I going to declare him the greatest director ever. He's pretty damn good right now, but I'm sure there were directors better than him in the past, and there may be more in future.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 1:38pm
Still, I am interested in why Vits names Shyamalan as his "best director."   

By the way, I am not a big fan of Christopher Nolan, either.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 2:08pm
1) I really need better grammar, right? Some users aren't suscribed to the "main" forums. If any of you feel it's spam, I'm sorry. This is my first awards,and I really wanted to hear everybody's opinions. After all, you all are much better critics/reviewers than me.Cry  

2)Click on my name,and then click on "Send private message." It doesn't matter how many of the movies you saw. Even if you only saw one you can do it, but only "Favorite Movie." You can vote until December 30. 

4)I've never seen a film of his that I gave a 10.I've actually given 6 and 5 to the two that earned him Razzie noms, but I enjoy re-watching them, whether the shots or the dialogue. His premises are very creative. Some of his plots aren't new but he manages to make them relatable.

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Calling him the best director of all time is not looking at him with a critical eye at all.

When have I ever called him the best director of all time?  

Originally posted by Vheid

By the way I am not a big fan of Christopher Nolan either.

Good example. I like Nolan's work(except THE PRESTIGE), but he just doesn't...I don't think there's a word. Come on. You all know what's it's like to watch a lot of movies by the same person that "speak to you".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2010 at 2:04pm
Winners of the 2010 Vits Awards have been announced -- Here's the LINK to see the winners!

I would really like to hear your thoughts on them -- even if you think I made wrong choices...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>