Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LINKS to SITES for OTHER FILM AWARDS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINKS to SITES for OTHER FILM AWARDS...
    Posted: January 25 2011 at 6:08am
The Oscar nominations have been announced and I'm dissapointed with INCEPTION not being up for "Best Picture".I understand THE SOCIAL NETWORK,but it was far better than WINTER'S BONE!

Can you spot the movie with a nomination that was almost nominated for a Razzie too?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 6:46am
I am amused that they nominated The Wolfman for best make-up.

I am more amused that they left out Chris Nolan in the best director-category.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Vits

The Oscar nominations have been announced and I'm dissapointed with INCEPTION not being up for "Best Picture".
What are you talking about, Vits? "Inception" IS up for Best Picture ... and Best Original Screenplay.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Vheid

1. I am amused that they nominated The Wolfman for best make-up.

2. I am more amused that they left out Chris Nolan in the best director-category.

1. Yes, I did laugh at that.

2. I'm not surprised. Like Hitchcock before him, Nolan gets little or no love from the Oscars.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 1:24pm
I made a mistake.I was mad it wasn't up for "Director".Mainly because a lot of times they nominate directors who directed movies so good that they deserve "Best Picture",even if there wasn't anything about the directing worth mentioning.Nolan and Fincher deserve to tie because of how creative they were.I saw the trailer for THE FIGHTER and the way they shot the fights(like actual sports broadcast)it's very good.Not sure about the others.

I'm sure some poeple will complain about who has already won in the past(Danny Boyle and the Coens)don't deserve it unlike the ones who have never won.

By the way I thought Andrew Garfield was a little bit better than John Hawkes.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 3:07pm

I made a mistake.I was mad it wasn't up for "Director".Mainly because a lot of times they nominate directors who directed movies so good that they deserve "Best Picture",even if there wasn't anything about the directing worth mentioning.
Yeah, I never understood that either. The same thing would happen to Hitchcock time and time again, until they gave him one of those honorary awards.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 3:10pm
The day before the Golden Globes my cousin and I were discussing this and he said "Too bad the "Best Movie" and "Best Directing" awards are so conected".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 1:29pm
Not only has THE KING'S SPEECH won the Bafta Awards for "Best British Film" and "Best Film Of The Year".It won on other categories that usually go to other movies.Such as "Supporting Actor","Supporting Actress","Music Score",etc.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 2:23pm
Vits, Not really a suprise there, the BAFTA's almost always pick the Brits over the Americans.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Vits, Not really a suprise there, the BAFTA's almost always pick the Brits over the Americans.
Yeah, it's the BRITISH awards, of course Brits are going to win over the "Yanks".
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 12:52pm
I don't understand how 3 award ceremonies take place on the same day!

Aside from the BAFTAs,yesterday were the Goya Awards.BURIED was up for "Best Film" and other categories but lost most to one called PA NEGRA.Ryan Reynolds lost "Best Actor" to Javier Bardem in BEAUTIFUL.THE LIFE OF THE FISH(from my homeland Chile)won "Best Hispanic Film".THE KING'S SPEECH won "Best European Film" over THE GHOST WRITER,A PROPHET and THE WHITE RIBBON.

There's no point to talk about the Grammys because they're the most boring award ceremony each year,and because they're music awards,but they have movie categories.Miguel can stop biting his nails because ECLIPSE lost "Best Soundtrack".That award along "Best Soundtrack Song" went to CRAZY HEART.TOY STORY 3 won "Best Soundtrack Score",which is odd because it didn't get nominated for most awards in that category.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 7:37pm

I don't understand how 3 award ceremonies take place on the same day!
Because they were either taking place in different countries or were for different forms of media.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2011 at 11:10am

Two movie awards,one british and one spanish,and a U.S. music award.You're right.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 10:24am
The ACE Eddie Awards for the best editing in film and TV announced the winners:
-"Drama":THE SOCIAL NETWORK.
-"Comedy And/Or Musical":ALICE IN WONDERLAND.
-"Animation":TOY STORY 3.
-"Documentary":EXIT THROUGH THE GIFT SHOP.

This are the last awards until next weekend...with the Oscars,the Razzies and the Independent Spirit Awards!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:50am
One might say adding another category will make the awards how even longer, but in the interest of fairness, I think the Oscars should split Best Picture into Best Drama and Best Comedy. Just saying.

But yeah, 7 days away from the three most important (or at least cared about) awards for movies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 11:56am
A year ago I would've agree that when awarding movies you should split the categories by genre.But now I believe that should only happen when you can't compare the movies you're about to nominate one another.The only movies I can't never compare are animated with live-action.They must be separated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>