Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Basics > SCHEDULE for 35th RAZZIES® & 87th OSCARS® in 2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LINKS to SITES for OTHER FILM AWARDS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LINKS to SITES for OTHER FILM AWARDS...
    Posted: October 01 2011 at 8:01pm
Vits, So you think The Silent House (Urugauy) won't make the Oscar-shortlist? What do you think of the Oscar-chances of Violeta (Chile)...

I can tell you that Sonny Boy (Netherlands) has little chance of making it... The film isn't bad or anything... It's just a little bit uninspired... It was based on a bestseller which was based on a true story about a Surinamese* man who travels to the Netherlands in hope of a better education and there falls in love with a maried woman.... It lacks a lot of structure and therefor seems very long at times.....

*= Suriname was a Dutch colony untill the 1970''s...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2011 at 8:08pm
Well,I don't WANT to see THE SILENT HOUSE getting the nom.,and I do WANT to see VIOLETA getting it.As for what WILL happen...I'm sure THE SILENT HOUSE won't get it.It's a novelty that gets old fast,which is enough to be considered the best of the country of this year,but that's it.While Chile has never been nominated,the director of VIOLETA has made at least 3 movies that have been chosen,which is rare.Even if it doesn't get nominated,it has more chances than a lot of past years's choices,specially the ones that were chosen just because Chile needed to pick one.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2011 at 3:00pm
I just saw The Rundskop (Bullhead) the other night, Belguim's submission for the Oscars' Best Foreign Film award.

It was a very intense film-watching experience, and probably the best movies I've seen this year.... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 3:02pm
The AFI has chosen the 10 best movies and 10 best TV shows of the year. They've also given recognition to a foreign movie (I guess they think it's as good as the other 10 or even better) and a film series that ended this year: 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 8:57am
The Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations have been announced (HeadRAZZ posted the link on the homepage). And the nominees include... TRANSFORMERS 3!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I had to scroll way down the list of nominees on the SAG Awards site (LINK) to find the single nomination for TRANNIES #3 -- It was for "Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture." Whatever one thought of the writing, acting, editing, scoring and direction of TRANNIES #3, the one thing that was of award caliber was the stunt work, which was undeniably spectacular...

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 9:08am
The Help is the SAG-awards' front-runner..... I am going to be very annoyed if The Help ends up sweeping the Oscars -- didn't they learn anything from awarding Best Picture to Driving Miss Daisy and Crash??  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am unclear what it is you think the AMPAS should have "learned" from awarding MISS DAISY and CRASH as Best Picture? DAISY was both a critical and a box office hit (MoJo LINK) while CRASH, though one of the lower-grossing Best Picture winners of recent years (MoJo LINK), at least got mostly favorable critical response (RT LINK)...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2011 at 1:11pm
I forgot to mention that no film has won Best Picture without a SAG nomination in the last 15 years, meaning that THE ARTIST and THE DESCENDANTS now have better chances than DRIVE and/or HUGO.

Originally posted by Head RAZZberry

I had to scroll way down the list of nominees on the SAG Awards site (LINK) to find the single nomination for TRANNIES #3 -- It was for "Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture." Whatever one thought of the writing, acting, editing, scoring and direction of TRANNIES #3, the one thing that was of award caliber was the stunt work, which was undeniably spectacular...

Yeah... that was the joke.

Originally posted by Vheid

The Help is the Globes' front-runner..... I am going to be very annoyed if The Help ends up sweeping the Oscars -- didn't they learn anything from awarding Best Picture to Driving Miss Daisyand Crash??

Do you say that because you think THE HELP doesn't deserve to win? Which movie deserved it more than DRIVING MISS DAISY?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For those who are following this back-and-forth, here's an IMDb LINK to see what the five Best Picture nominees were for 1989...  

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 3:41am
I take my words back about Driving Miss Daisy because I wasn't around back then.... I technically was, but I had yet to have a birthday.... Even though it hasn't stood the test of time...  

I found Crash very hypocritical: It's supposed to be an anti-racism film, but then they show Asians and Arabs as uneducated caricatures/stereotypes....

As for The Help.... I think it's kind of wrong how they would write a book/make a film about a white woman standing up for African American maids during the sixties, while in reality such a thing never happened. You don't just change history like that, and definitely not parts of history that still leave scars on certain people.  I consider that to be in the same league a Walt Disney pretending in Song of the South that slavery was all good fun.... 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: While your intent here is well-meant, many of your points are simply incorrect: How on Earth can you claim to know whether or not even a single White woman employing an African American housekeeper in the 1950s/1960s South ever stood up for her employee's dignity and civil rights? I am unsure if the book on which THE HELP is based was said to be factual or fictional, but your claim is so broad as to undermine your credibility. 

Also, I am old enough that I have actually seen Disney's SONG OF THE SOUTH (the last times it was re-issued, in 1970) and, while that film is racially insensitive and depicts its Black characters as stereotypes, it in no way suggests that "slavery was all good fun." Since it was set in the Civil War era, it would have been blatantly false to suggest that a character like Uncle Remus was not an indentured slave... 

Originally posted by Vheid

The Help is the SAG-awards' front-runner..... I am going to be very annoyed if The Help ends up sweeping the Oscars -- didn't they learn anything from awarding Best Picture to Driving Miss Daisy and Crash??  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I am unclear what it is you think the AMPAS should have "learned" from awarding MISS DAISY and CRASH as Best Picture? DAISY was both a critical and a box office hit (MoJo LINK) while CRASH, though one of the lower-grossing Best Picture winners of recent years (MoJo LINK), at least got mostly favorable critical response (RT LINK)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2011 at 9:06am
Vheid: Oh, you were talking about movies about racism. I thought it was because a lot people say CRASH didn't deserve to win, and maybe you thought the same of MISS DAISY. I can't say if THE HELP deserves to win, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

The Golden Globes nominations were announced this morning (again, the link is in the homepage), and here it happened at 11 AM, so I followed it on Twitter. I'm relieved. Last year "apparently" there weren't many comedies and musicals to choose. This year, there were too many to choose. They left out THE MUPPETS, HORRIBLE BOSSES, FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS and CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE (although that last one did got a nomination for Best Comedy Actor). Sorry to be one of "those people", but they snubbed DRIVE, THE TREE OF LIFE, WIN WIN, MARTHA MARCY MAY MARLENE, Gary Oldman, Kirsten DunstNick Nolte, Patton Oswalt, Andy Serkis, Melissa McCarthy, Carey Mulligan, Steven Spielberg, and THE MUPPETS songs. 

But the worst part was their choosing CARS 2 over KUNG FU PANDA 2 for Animated Feature. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567