Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > MEMBER-STARTED DISCUSSIONS of 2012 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOL
    Posted: May 18 2012 at 5:19am
What an utter disgrace this thing is. LOL is a remake a of a French film that I heard was not TOO bad, but is the addition of Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore an up-grade? Funnily enough, the same director and co-writer of the original also performs the same duties for the remake, however, her writing partner does not return and is replaced by someone that is obviously less talented. This movie is sending a horrendous message to whoever sees it, and so many are not stupid enough to buy into it, thankfully. It is basically saying use your technology ALL THE TIME. That is retarded. I don't use technology all the time. If for nothing else, atleast Miley Cyrus for Worst Actress should be considered. I know it's not released normally, like in New York and L.A. or whatever, butneither was Ghosts Can't Do It, and that still got a ton of nominations and wins. So come on, who DOESN'T want this to be on the ballots?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2012 at 10:40am
Well, if it can be a contender as you say...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2012 at 10:51am
I have a question....is a movie eligible if it is released first on television before being in theatres?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since we essentially follow the same rules that govern AMPAS/Oscar contention, the short answer would be...NO. To be "eligible," a film must be shown initially in at least one paid/general admission theatre in either L.A. or New York...  

MR View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote MR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 5:46am
I just saw the above discussion of Razzie rules after I posted the same question in another Forum. 

As a result, I should point out that BEL AMI was released first on US television/VOD on May 4, 2012 and was only later released in US theatres (June 8, 2012).

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2012 at 12:18pm
UP-DATE from Head RAZZberry: I did some research and discovered that, though this film apparently was briefly in theatrical release here in the US, it never played in either L.A. or NYC. Thus, on the slimmest of technicalities, it is not eligible for RAZZIE® consideration. Too bad, 'cause with both Miley and Demi in it, and the handful of nasty reviews available on R.T. (LINK) it likely coulda/shoulda/woulda been "One of Ours"... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2012 at 7:15pm
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply