Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > The Very Best of Hollywood's BERRY Worst
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lost Horizon (1973)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost Horizon (1973)
    Posted: July 15 2005 at 9:05am
Head Razz:

I watched this MESSTERPIECE at the party you held last summer, and I was
truly enthralled by the sheer awfulness. I've been trying to track down a
complete unedited copy which includes the Fertility Dance sequence, I spent
literally months trying to track down the footage, some people claim to have
and it turns out they don't.

Razz, were you ever able to find that sequence? Isn't that the point of the
movie where Doris Day walked out of the World Premiere?

JB
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 4:01pm
If she hung in long enuff to see the Fertility Dance sequence, Doris was just being polite. LOST HORIZON's producer was Ross Hunter, who had also made PILLOW TALK with Rock Hudson and Day. But even Doris Day, Miss Happy-Go-Sunshine, couldn't sit through this treacly treatise on peace, pacifism and the lost art of tap-dancing to tunes worthy of being played in an elevator!
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 1:27am
I've been looking for over 10 years for this to show up as well...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 1:54am

"The world is a circle without a beginning and nobody knows where it really ends!"

Ponder that piece of crap lyric for 5 minutes and you just might be brain dead enough to watch Lost Horizon. Here is a source where you can probably buy it:

http://www.sell.com/23LKSR

Note that it says "always" in stock...what a surprise!!!

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 11:23am
I found one chopped up version with Portuguese subtitles online...and GOD it was horrible...

Thanks for the link...  I think I found something to give out this Christmas instead of fruitcakes...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
 Post Reply Post Reply