Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > REPO MEN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LOTSA GUTS...STILL NO GLORY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOTSA GUTS...STILL NO GLORY!
    Posted: March 20 2010 at 9:20am
WE GOTTA HAND IT to JUDE LAW: WHEN HE APPEARED on THE DAILY SHOW JUST BEFORE THIS OPENED, HE TOTALLY KEPT IT to HIMSELF HOW MANY INDICATORS THERE WERE THAT THIS MOVIE WAS a DOG.  AMONG the THINGS HE DIDN'T MENTION (and MAY HAVE BEEN CONTRACTUALLY PROSCRIBED from MENTIONING):

1)  REPO MEN WAS ACTUALLY SHOT in LATE 2007 and, LIKE the RAZZIE® "WINNING" ALL ABOUT STEVE, HELD BACK from RELEASE WHILE IT "RIPENED" in a STUDIO VAULT...

2) THIS FILM LOOKS EMBARRASSINGLY SIMILAR to the 2008 RAZZIE® "WINNING" PARIS HILTON VEHICLE REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA... 

3) THIS FILM HAD MULTIPLE TITLE CHANGES on ITS NEARLY ENDLESS JOURNEY to a MULTIPLEX ALARMINGLY NEAR YOU (AMONG the ALTERNATIVES: REPOSSESSION MAMBO)...  

4) THIS FILM IS FOREST WHITAKER's SECOND LIKELY RAZZIE® CONTENDER to COME OUT in the LAST TWO WEEKS...  

5) THIS FILM, LIKE the RAZZIE® "WINNING" G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA, IS BEING CALLED by MOVIE CRITICS for BEING a FRANKENSTEINIAN PATCH JOB of IDEAS, PLOT POINTS and ELEMENTS from PREVIOUS, FAR SUPERIOR "THRILLERS"... 

6) AND, LASTLY, LAW TOTALLY DIDN'T LET ON THAT THIS MOVIE...SUCKS! 

P.S. JUDE ALSO ELUDED MENTIONING THAT the TRADE PAPER REVIEW in HOLLYWOOD REPORTER WAS SUB-HEADLINED: "LET the 2010 RAZZIE® RACE BEGIN..." 

HERE's a LINK to READ THAT REVIEW! 

LAW: "You do realize this is a ticking bomb, just waiting to go off..." 

SCHREIBER: "Are you talking about the prop in your hand...
or the movie itself?!?"  

WHITAKER: "Whoah, man -- After OUR FAMILY WEDDING
I can't afford to be around when another bomb goes off!"
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 9:42am
Ah, poor Forest Whitaker! Like Cuba Gooding Jr. before him, he is suffering from the curse of Poor Post-Oscar-win Career Choices...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 2:14pm
I'm almost thinking a new Razzie award needs to be born. It should be named in honor of Ben Kingsley, and would be given to the actor who, after a couple of Oscar worthy performances (in his case, Ghandi and Schindler's List) utterly flushes his/her career with a series of appearances in incredibly crappy films (in his case, A Sound of Thunder, The Love Guru, Blood Rayne et. al.)
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 3:21pm
Worst Post Oscar Winning Career! I like it! It's like a reverse Lifetime Achivement Award.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Worst Post Oscar Winning Career! I like it! It's like a reverse Lifetime Achivement Award.

I'm in for that award!
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 7:23pm
Why call it after Ben Kingsley?  We should call it after the grand queen of all career flushes down the royal drain herself - Joan Crawford.  Not even Kingsley can match the hilarious awfulness of Strait Jacket, Beserk and Trog.  And to top it all off, after she died, the movie about her life, starring the very actress Crawford wanted to portray her, Mommie Dearest, "won" Worst Picture, Worst Actress (Faye Dunaway), Worst Supporting Actor (Steve Forrest), Worst Supporting Actress (Diana Scarwid), and Worst Picture Of The Decade.  Crawford became a Razzie magnet even in her death.  This is a steep fall from the performance I saw in Grand Hotel

No, as awful a mess as Ben Kingsley made of his career of late, please don't name it after him when there is certainly one other who made a bigger mess out of her career.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 8:05pm
I agree with cvcjr. If we do name this Reverse Lifetime Achievement Award after an past Oscar winning actor or actress whose career went to s***, it should be Joan Crawford for the reasons stated above.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 8:32pm
While the Crawford point is well taken, I would point out that the Razzies traditionally haven't paid much attention to movies or actors that came before the award itself. Consequently, Kingsley is more in line with the traditions established. But since Head Razz will ultimately make the final decision on the award and who deserves to carry the name should it be created, I leave the matter in his hands from this point.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 3:46am
Actually, the three Crawford movies Strait Jacket, Beserk and Trog, along with Mommie Dearest, are all listed in HeadRAZZ's The Official Razzie Movie Guide as being among HeadRAZZ's 100 movies "so bad that they are good".  If that's not enough of a Razzie tradition for this award to be named after Joan Crawford, I don't know what is, and I submit any argument to the contrary to be as ridiculous as the movies thus named.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 11:50am
I'm simply noting that no serious consideration for "Lifetime Achievement Awards" or any sort of "Worst Movie of whatever time period" awards have ever been seriously considered in the time frame prior to the birth of the Razzies...while I don't have any serious objections to the proposed award being named after Crawford, it is, in fact, rather contrary to Razzie tradition.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 3:11pm
Well, saturnwatcher does have a point about the time frame thing. But the award should be named after Cuba Gooding Jr, because his career went to hell after winning his Oscar.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 4:19pm
Just keep being ridiculous, guys.  Just keep being ridiculous.  Ooo, ooo, there has to be an award for it to be tradition, never mind what HeadRAZZ says.  He doesn't count.  Ooo ooo. . . .
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Just keep being ridiculous, guys.  Just keep being ridiculous.  Ooo, ooo, there has to be an award for it to be tradition, never mind what HeadRAZZ says.  He doesn't count.  Ooo ooo. . . .

Channeling moviewizguy (after being told that M. Night Shy sucks) much?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 9:40pm
Ooo, nonsequitur with Yoda speak, BHB writes.  That certainly refutes the point that HeadRAZZ is as much of RAZZIE tradition as you can get.  Oh, yes, it does.  I love this logic. . . . LOL

Second point, it is the OFFICIAL RAZZIE Guide.  Of course, it is merely OFFICIAL.  I guess for you two, it would have to be the TRADITIONAL RAZZIE Guide to have any sway.  Oh, yes, that's good logic, too.  LOL

Shall we go to the third point of the faulty logic that movies older than 1979 do not count, because, obviously, only bad movies released during RAZZIE award years count?  Please, let's go there!  LOL

Oh, and please, don't project your problem on me, will you?  I'm not the one using bad logic and glossing it over with the word "tradition", and then turn around and fail to understand, let alone address, logical points when given.

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Channeling moviewizguy (after being told that M. Night Shy sucks) much?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 9:56pm

Ooo, nonsequitur with Yoda speak, BHB writes.  That certainly refutes the point that HeadRAZZ is as much of RAZZIE tradition as you can get.  Oh, yes, it does.  I love this logic. . . . LOL

Second point, it is the OFFICIAL RAZZIE Guide.  Of course, it is merely OFFICIAL.  I guess for you two, it would have to be the TRADITIONAL RAZZIE Guide to have any sway.  Oh, yes, that's good logic, too.  LOL

Shall we go to the third point of the faulty logic that movies older than 1979 do not count, because, obviously, only bad movies released during RAZZIE award years count?  Please, let's go there!  LOL

Oh, and please, don't project your problem on me, will you?  I'm not the one using bad logic and glossing it over with the word "tradition", and then turn around and fail to understand, let alone address, logical points when given.
Oh no, no, my friend. It was merely a joke and nothing else. It wasn't that your post lacked logic, but the way it was phrased in a type of MWG "you guys don't know what you're talking about" way. 
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 10:08pm

Oh, sorry.  Misunderstood.  Understand, too, I'm just in full-on ridicule mode here.  It's prompted by the concept of "tradition" and the way it's being applied here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>