Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > REPO MEN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

LOTSA GUTS...STILL NO GLORY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LOTSA GUTS...STILL NO GLORY!
    Posted: July 31 2010 at 4:33pm

Might I entertain that this plot of carving out people's organs by force is similar to a classic urban legend?

Sorry, I can only post the raw URL, I'm having trouble refining the text...  

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/robbery/kidney.asp

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2010 at 12:14pm
Yeah, the movie is pretty much a sci-fi on the infamous "wake in a tub of ice with your kidneys missing" urban legend.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2011 at 4:54pm
I just saw it.

It has an interesting premise and themes,but the first half is too slow and the second half is a walking cliche.And the twist ending was unnecessary.I mean,it covered the plot holes by stating they were so implaussible because they didn't happen,but what were they trying to tell us exactly with the twist?The plot hole that wasn't coevered was JAKE revealing he caused REMY's accident.So he knew that by busting that thing REMY would have an accident that would conveniently require to give him a new organ and then,in his weak state,continue to be a Repo Men instead of something more calmed like the salesman he wanted to be?!

Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker were good.Alice Braga?Not so much.

I give this 4/10.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123