Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > M-I-III
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

M: I: III-Tom’s back

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M: I: III-Tom’s back
    Posted: March 25 2006 at 8:54am
MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III, starring Tom Cruise and Academy Award Winner Phillip Seymour Hoffman (2005, Best Actor, CAPOTE) comes out in theaters nationwide May 5, 2006. Audiences may flock to see it, but this film's a definite  Razzie contender, just like the first two MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE films.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2006 at 10:03pm
How much you want to bet Tom is going to assault a reporter, "conveniently" right before the movie opens in wide release?
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 2:44pm
At least 2005 Oscar winner Hoffman might be good as the bad guy...
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2006 at 9:52pm
I suspect the Oscar curse will hit him. From Capote to Scientology Impossible 3.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

Michaels View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2006 at 1:27am
Yep, the Oscar curse: Once you win a Little Gold Naked Man, every movie you star in after that is crap. Hollywood is funny that way. Philip Seymour Hoffman worked his butt off to become famous by doing great acting jobs in low budget films, win a bunch of awards, and from now on he'll star in one trashy movie after another. Maybe we should call it "Cuba Gooding Jr. Disease"?

Oh, and every time I've seen the MI:3 trailer, EVERY person in the crowd laughs when Tom Cruise is on screen...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 9:29am
Let's not condemn Phil yet. Remember, Russell Crowe did a Beautiful Mind after Gladiator.
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2006 at 11:50am
Then came Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World and Cinderella Man for Crowe.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2006 at 2:25pm
Last I checked, Crowe wasn't on the Razzie or Stinkers ballots for either film. He got nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors' Guild Award for Cinderella Man, as well a Golden Globe nomination for Master and Commander. Those performances also got good reviews, so I fail to see how Crowe is a victim of "The Oscar Curse".
Michaels View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2006 at 6:28am
Wow, everyone came to defend Crowe quickly. And I thought all actors were looked down upon here. I hope Phil can stay on the path of Crowe, but you never know. Anyone here remember him in "Along Came Polly", granted he was the best thing about the movie (other than Debra Messing in a bikini), but fingers crossed he will not be doomed to star in such movies for the rest of his career.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 2:11am
Well, the film didn't do too bad in it's first week. Of course, it came up short of $50 million at the weekend, but after Monday, it went up to $51 million. It's not surprising at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it got any Oscar nominations anyway. It may get only one, but don't tell me which one.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Last I checked, Crowe wasn't on the Razzie or Stinkers ballots for either film. He got nominated for a Golden Globe and Screen Actors' Guild Award for Cinderella Man, as well a Golden Globe nomination for Master and Commander. Those performances also got good reviews, so I fail to see how Crowe is a victim of "The Oscar Curse".

Crowe was an option for Most Tiresome Tabloid Target last year, you know. But the voters chose Tom and Katie over all of them 'cause a whole buncha people didn't think TomKat would'nt be together for long, unless there is a better reason for that.

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 7:05pm
If i had to compare who's more annoying, I'd have to lean toward Tom Kat. Yeah Russell Crowe is a complete moron, but he just has a bad temper. He isn't seeking attention to get box office results lite Tom.

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 8:54am
Most tiresome tabloid target has got nothing to do with his performances. That's what I was referring to. Personally I could care less if he loses his temper, the point I'm trying to make is that all of his performances since his last nomination have been good. I'm judging him as an actor, not as a person. I don't know the guy, but I do know that he's one of the best actors in the business today. And I saw MI 3, everyone in the cast was good ( Yep, including Tom), but the best performance came from Oscar-winner Hoffman, he hasn't been affected by the curse........yet ( Knocking on wood) .
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2006 at 10:29pm

Phillip reminds me of another Hoffman, Dustin, who always gives a good performance no matter how bad the movie is. (i.e. Ishtar, Sleepers, Outbreak, Mad City).

I'm the same way. I don't judge a person's movies from his off screen antics. But one bad performance and I'll call you on it! (i.e. Anthony Hopkins in Alexander)

- Joe Queenan

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 9:25am
I agree with Deadguy, on who the all-time best actors are: Nicholson, De Niro, Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, and Gene Hackman. Yeah, both Hoffman's are always good. Also I call people on one bad performance as well. That why I'm such a huge fan of people like Brian Cox, Ian Mckellen, and Alfred Molina, they've been good in everything I've ever seen them in. They are all coincidentally, legendary stage actors.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 5:03pm
Jack Nicholson's known as a great actor because he's the only actor to ever win 3 Oscars. De Niro, Hoffman, and Hackman each have won 2. But, the other Hoffman, Phillip Seymore Hoffman, is also a good actor. He kept me awake in the disappointing ALONG CAME POLLY, and PATCH ADAMS. Of course, both he and Robin Williams kept me awake throughout that film.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>