Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > M. Night Shyamalan's THE HAPPENING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

M. Night is Back...and BAD As Ever?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote arjibakoh3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M. Night is Back...and BAD As Ever?!?
    Posted: May 04 2011 at 1:59am
The extended train sequence that I saw was as awkward and inept as anything he's ever done
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2012 at 7:33pm
Before I start talking about M. Night Shamwow, I'd like to talk about how dissapointing the crop of bad movies have been in 2011. I watched I Don't Know How She Does It and Mr. Popper's Penguins today and they are both examples of how much I hate dull movies. Either be comically stupid like Abduction or f*cking awful, but don't be boring. From now on, I won't review those types of movies. Now, onto Markie-Mark and his fake plant!

The good:

The opening scene: The first scene of the movie is the only legitamitely scary scene in the whole movie.

John Leguizamo: John gives a decent performance. Of course, he's the first of the main characters to bite it.

The bad:

Zooey Deschanel: This is the third review in a row to feature a bad performance from a hot chick. Pattern or coincidence? Probably the second one because the next two movies on Awesomely Bad Modern Movie Week feature good performances from hot chicks. That digression out of the way, her performance as Markie-Mark's wife Alma is just boring.

M. Night's vocal cameo: M. Night has a vocal cameo as a guy that Alam is cheating on Markie-Mark with. So, he wrote himself a part where his character has banged a hot chick. I beat his wife loved that part.

The awesomely bad:

Mark Wahlberg: "Plastic. I'm talking to a plastic plant. I'm still doing it."

Betty Buckley: "You're trying to steal my lemon drink!"

M. Night Shaymalan: Creepy vocal cameo aside, his work on this movie is the definition of awesomely bad. I could go into details, but I can just mention that he wrote those two lines up there.

Shamwow needs to make more bad movies like this. Grade: C

Next-up: Knowing!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2012 at 11:13am
Man! Why is it that people don't get that the scene was meant to be funny? I understand that a lot of people thought the movie was an unintentional comedy, but that shouldn't make it hard to see the intentions.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Mark Wahlberg: "Plastic. I'm talking to a plastic plant. I'm still doing it."
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213