Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > M. Night Shyamalan's THE HAPPENING
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

M. Night is Back...and BAD As Ever?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M. Night is Back...and BAD As Ever?!?
    Posted: August 06 2010 at 2:01pm
Today (August 6) is Shyamalan's birthday!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2010 at 4:43pm
I can only imagine that when he blew out all those candles, he wished: "Please bless me with the return of filmmaking talent!"  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 3:27pm
I gave this extra points for being a Shyamalan movie, but I have to be fair. I have now lowered the rating from 6 to 5. It's not bad...outside of maybe Rotten Tomatoes.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2010 at 6:09pm
Hey, hey! Now, that's playing favorites and being biased! Extra points must be removed if they're just catering to your favorite director(s). 

As I said, if Chris Nolan makes a piece of s*** movie, I'm not making excuses for him. He f***ed up, plain and simple.  

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 11:36am
He did f*ck up. Have you seen THE PRESTIGE(which I gave 4/10)?  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2010 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Vits

He did f*ck up. Have you seen THE PRESTIGE(which I gave 4/10)?  
Yeah, I admit, it wasn't his best. I wouldn't rank it up anywhere near "Inception", "Dark Knight" or "Memento". However, he has yet to make a movie so bad that every critic rips it to shreds, it barely breaks even at the box office, and the mere sight of his name makes audiences laugh or groan. When THAT happens, yes, I'll admit, he lost his touch.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:37am
I made a list of the worst performances of all times:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/blogs/?id=674392

Zooey Deschanel is in it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 2:37pm
Mark Wahlberg thoughts on this movie!!! It isn't pretty, but here's the quote:

I was such a huge fan of [Amy Adams]. We’d actually had the luxury of having lunch before to talk about another movie, and it was a bad movie that I did. She dodged the bullet. I don’t want to tell you what movie… All right, The Happening with M. Night Shyamalan. It is was it is. *beep* trees, man, the plants. *beep* it. You can’t blame me for wanting to try to play a science teacher. You know? I wasn’t playing a cop or a crook.

Here's the site: http://tiny.cc/0ec9g

What do you guys think, fans and haters alike?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 4:08pm
I don't believe this!Night is friends with Mark(and his brother Donnie).

Also,the link is mispelled.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2010 at 5:35pm
I think the movie showcased why Marky Mark doesn't play many roles outside of those that ask him to be angry all the time, because he sucks if he attempts to portray any other emotion.

Oh, and "Happening" was a piece of s*** that underperformed at the American box office, was ripped apart by critics, and got many Razzie nods. More facts from the anti-M. Night message board. Hint, hint ... or must I go back to the common sense examples again? Like if say, you are a New York Yankees fan, it would be common sense for you to NOT post about that team in a Boston Red Sox fan forum, because you're not going to like the replies that you will get. 

If you want to Vits want to chit-chat about your love of all things M. Night, please trade contact information and do so on your own time, or use the private message feature, because if you ask this forum about it's thoughts on M. Night movies, you're not going to like the replies you get. Thank you.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 8:59am
What are you talking about?!He posted a link to a bad comment made by the star of the movie.How is that a chit-chat about how we love Shyamalan?!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Vits

What are you talking about?!He posted a link to a bad comment made by the star of the movie.How is that a chit-chat about how we love Shyamalan?!
The link doesn't work, so I wouldn't know. Granted if that's the case, I don't blame Marky Mark for wanting to be a in a different role than what he usually plays, but he backed the pony. If he thought the trees idea was so stupid, he should have not agreed to the role after reading the script.

But if you and MWG still want to talk about M. Night (and especially if you're going to talk about him in a positive light), please do it on your own time and somewhere other than this, because no one here cares.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 12:44pm
Can you please tell me where's my comment with positive light?'Cuz I don't see it here.

Also,with the link is easy.Click on it,and then erase the part that says "%20".
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

The link doesn't work, so I wouldn't know. Granted if that's the case, I don't blame Marky Mark for wanting to be a in a different role than what he usually plays, but he backed the pony. If he thought the trees idea was so stupid, he should have not agreed to the role after reading the script

That's because there's a space in the link. I've updated the link. It should work now.

But if you and MWG still want to talk about M. Night (and especially if you're going to talk about him in a positive light), please do it on your own time and somewhere other than this, because no one here cares.

You're not the head of the site. We don't care. Go away.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 1:48pm
You're not helping,dude.

The link still doesn't work.It's this:
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/wahlberg-makes-his-feelings-on-the-happening-known
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2010 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

You're not the head of the site. We don't care. Go away.
Oh, if only I were ... please take your own advice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>