Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

’Machete’: Weirdest Cast Ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’Machete’: Weirdest Cast Ever?
    Posted: August 12 2009 at 3:53am

It started as a joke, but one of the fake trailers from 2008's "Grindhouse" is becoming a real movie...

Robert Rodriguez, the director of "Desperado," "Sin City" and the "Spy Kids" trilogy, has begun work on "Machete," which began as a preview that ran before his "Planet Terror" segment of the double-feature he made with Quentin Tarantino.

For the full-length movie, Rodriguez has assembled one of the most eclectic casts ever: Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Steven Seagal, Michelle Rodriguez, Don Johnson and Lindsay Lohan. They will join the stars of the original trailer: Danny Trejo, Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin.

In the movie, Machete (Trejo), a former Mexican Federales, is hired to assassinate a corrupt senator (De Niro). But then he is double-crossed and pursued by a government agent (Alba). Lohan plays a gun-wielding socialite who comes to Machete's aid, and Seagal plays a drug lord from his past. Filming has already begun in Austin, TX, and it will most likely hit theaters next year.

All I have to say is W .... T .... F?! 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2009 at 6:38am
I thought Don Johnson was banned from acting, but otherwise, it makes sense to me. I would think you almost want a cast of over/underactors to make the ridiculousness work.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 3:07am
Yes, considering the trailer was totally ridiculous, a cast as odd as this one might be the perfect fit for it.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 6:19am
Trying to think of someone equally ridiculous to come on as well... Dane Cook as the annoying guy?
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2009 at 2:58pm
I got one better, Dane Cook as the annoying guy ... who dies a horrible death within the first five minutes of the movie.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 7:30pm
Yes I totally agree on it... until the beggining I find this cast really weird!

Because... Steven Seagal (one the worst actor ever) and Robert de Niro (a GOD) in the same movie, is really strange!

But anyway, I'm a Rodriguez fan so I trust this and maybe this will the first ''not bad'' acting by Mr. Seagal!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:07pm
Considering this movie has the likes of Don Johnson, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba, the great Robert Deniro seems like that odd person out in a game of "Okay, kids, which one doesn't belong?"
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Considering this movie has the likes of Don Johnson, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan and Jessica Alba, the great Robert Deniro seems like that odd person out in a game of "Okay, kids, which one doesn't belong?"

Totally agree!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 11:18am
Just found the first trailer for the movie. Here's the LINK
 to watch it at "Ain't It Cool News" -- It just screams 
"It's so bad, It's good" in a berry Razzie kinda way!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 9:05am
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Just found the first trailer for the movie. Here's the LINK
 to watch it at "Ain't It Cool News" -- It just screams 
"It's so bad, It's good" in a berry Razzie kinda way!
Jesus Freaking Christ I just CANNOT wait to see this!!!!Big smileBig smile This movie will be AWESOME!! Anyway I find everything Robert Rodriguez does just too cool!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Jesus Freaking Christ I just CANNOT wait to see this!!!!Big smileBig smile This movie will be AWESOME!! Anyway I find everything Robert Rodriguez does just too cool!!!
I'm only seeing it for two reasons: Michelle Rodriguez in just her bra and jeans, and to see what De Niro is going to do, considering he is the most talented person in this crazy cast. I guess the third reason would be to see for myself if it's Razzie material ... which I think it is, no matter how bad-ass Robert Rodriguez usually is.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 3:02pm
Look at this: http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Video/VIDEO-Machete-un-nouveau-trailer-plein-d-hemoglobine/(gid)/2377589
Another trailer... It just looks like one of the most violent movie EVER!!!! I'm TOTALLY in!!! I'm gonna just f***ing see this movie... Rodriguez KICKS ass!!! It will be as awesome as Grindhouse was... But just too bad that Tarantino is not in anymore! But Planet Terror was such a masterpiece! :O

Well... I just can't wait!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 3:40pm
SPOILER: At one point, Machete uses a man's intestine to swing out of a window and into the window below. Yeah, I doubt saturnwatcher is going to see this, even to see if it's Razzie worthy.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 3:46pm
Listen, yes maybe it's not an Oscar worthy movie neither a movie with a great screenplay BUT don't forget that the only times that Rodriguez's movies received something here were just a nomination for Tarantino in a supporting role for From Dusk Till Dawn and a win for Stallone in a supporting role (well, 5 roles) in Spy Kids 3D! That's it, no ''Worst Picture'' neither screenplay nominations!

It makes of Rodriguez a VERY special director, he doesn't only have his personal style, but also isn't a Razzie director neither an Oscar... Thta makes of him THE man of the cool, kick-ass, full action, blood, violence, extrem and even absurd movies!

I prefer by far Tarantino... but his best friend Rodriguez has a lot of potential too!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 12:05pm
Hey man, more power to you. I'll probably end up seeing it myself ... once I get a free movie pass. But of course, it's going to get a forum listed here, considering the whose who cast of Razzie Offenders that the movie has, which is only put to shame by that of "Expendables".
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 2:51pm
....You should have a more opened mind you too! 'Cause sorry, but I don't think there could be a better show of extreme violence... this is THE top!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>