Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Talk Amongst Yourselves
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

’Machete’: Weirdest Cast Ever?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’Machete’: Weirdest Cast Ever?
    Posted: July 27 2010 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

....You should have a more opened mind you too! 'Cause sorry, but I don't think there could be a better show of extreme violence... this is THE top!
Spoken like someone who has yet to see "Hostel". Although, it's by no means a "better show", it's just Eli Roth acting out his sickest, most violent fantasies for everyone to watch who actually finds that kind of s*** entertaining.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 4:56pm
Yeah, I love violence in movies and that's the thing... And honestly when I think about it the only movie I can mention in the category "cool or EVEN great full-action packed movie with extrem violence", are almost all Rodriguez's movies...

Planet Terror (one word... masterpiece!), From Dusk Till Dawn, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, El Mariachi (somekind less violent), Sin City (MASTERPIECE!!!!)...

Yeah... Rodriguez is such a cool director!

If I had to name other cool or great shocking or extremly violent movies, I'd go with:

Rambo (in my opinion masterpiece), Saving Private Ryan (MASTERPIECE), Natural Born Killers (masterpiece), Cannibal Holocaust and Faces of Death (two of the most shocking movies of all time but they're GREAT)....
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 5:47pm
I wouldn't say a movie is a "masterpiece" just because it's full of violence. The polar opposite, actually. "Saving Private Ryan" is a masterpiece because of its fine craftmanship as a film, not because it had blood and guts.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 9:20pm
Planet Terror was a never-seen-before experience in theaters... it makes of this movie a real masterpiece (I'd more say of Grindhouse!)!

Did you see Faces of Death? Cannibal Holocaust? Natural Born Killers? If not, you MUST!Tongue
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2010 at 10:52pm
I'm starting to think that Ram-rod is trying to give Gee-Whiz a run for his money for craziest forum poster on the Razzies.

And on a more on topic note I personally think this movie will be awesome, this is Robert Rodriguez back in his element (Not making sh*tty kids movies). He excels at making lower budget, over the top, highly stylized movies that are an absolute blast to watch. I hope that he will carry on this trend with making Machete awesome.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

And on a more on topic note I personally think this movie will be awesome, this is Robert Rodriguez back in his element (Not making sh*tty kids movies). He excels at making lower budget, over the top, highly stylized movies that are an absolute blast to watch. I hope that he will carry on this trend with making Machete awesome.
Agreed.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2010 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

1. I'm starting to think that Ram-rod is trying to give Gee-Whiz a run for his money for craziest forum poster on the Razzies.

2. And on a more on topic note I personally think this movie will be awesome, this is Robert Rodriguez back in his element (Not making sh*tty kids movies). He excels at making lower budget, over the top, highly stylized movies that are an absolute blast to watch. I hope that he will carry on this trend with making Machete awesome.
1. Not at all, I'm just young and have a different way to think that's it...

2. Cannot agree more on it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12