Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > Movies in General...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Maguire Says Goodbye to Spider-Man?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maguire Says Goodbye to Spider-Man?
    Posted: March 06 2007 at 10:05am

I found this article today about Tobey Maguire no longer wanting to play the title role in SPIDER-MAN movies... 

Maguire Says Goodbye to

Playing Spider-Man...

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 1:23pm
No real surprises there; Maguire and Dunst have been saying they've wanted to hang it up after this one for at least the last 2 years.  Columbia's made it clear they want to keep the series going after part 3--at least to 6 films, Amy Pascal personally stated--so they might as well get cracking now if they want to find good replacements. 
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 3:00pm

Guess they could get Jake Gyllenhaal to Play Spidey. He as always proven to be a pretty good actor, and from what I hear, he's done a good Job in "Zodiac." Jake may not be a bad pick. Of course in won't be the same with out Maguire.

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 4:29pm

Tobey Maquire has been in a lot of movies I have enjoyed (Seabisquit, Pleasantville et al) but I have never been enthusiastic about him as Spiderman. Somehow, hearing him say, "I'm Thpiderman!" has just never worked for me.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:26am
I never cared for him as much as everyone else seemed to as Spider-man. In my opinion, both movies were carried by the Villains.
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 11:40am
They wanted Jake Gyllenhall to play Parker when Tobey Macguire had back problems during the filming of part two. I still say Jake Gyllenhaal is the perfect candidate for the next trilogy of films.

I heard "Spider-Man 3" is going to clock in at a little over two hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply