Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MARS NEEDS MOMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MARS NEEDS MOMS
    Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:05pm

WHILE IT'S TRUE THAT GOOD MOVIES CAN FLOP (SERENITY) AND THAT HORRIBLE MOVIES CAN MAKE MORE MONEY THAN MOST THIRD-WORLD NATIONS (TRANNIES 2), THAT IS NOT TRUE OF MARS NEEDS MOMS, QUITE POSSIBLY THE BIGGEST B.O. BOMB OF ALL TIME!!  

BOASTING THE DISTURBING "MO-CRAP" THAT MADE POLAR EXPRESS SO UN-NERVING, MARS NEEDS MOMS DIDN'T EVEN MAKE $10 MILLION OPENING WEEKEND!

TO BASH THE SCARIEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR, WRITE YOUR THOUGHTS BELOW!  

Fat Guy: "Hold on tight, this is gonna bomb big time!" 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:08pm

This is my first attempt at a member-started forum and I hope it goes over well.

Also, I'll start doing "Good, bad, ugly" reviews for movies with member-started forums starting with this one later tonight.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:44pm
Mars Need Moms, never thought someone would do a forum for that. I'm gonna go do one for Prom then.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:53pm
Don't you have your own website? Or at least a profile on R.T., IMDB, etc.?

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

This is my first attempt at a member-started forum and I hope it goes over well.
Also, I'll start doing "Good, bad, ugly" reviews for movies with member-started forums starting with this one later tonight.
Party

Originally posted by jesse685

I'm gonna go do one for Prom then.

Sorry if I'm starting to sound too negative, but I have to disgree with that as well.Like it's been stated before,the forums are sometimes wild guesses,mostly because they're created the week of the release.Member-started forums are for movies we believe deserved a forum,but that have the same chances to be contenders.Creating a forum months later is only a good idea when it's practically a fact the movie will at least go to the ballots.PROM was forgotten a week after the release.Yes,MARS NEEDS MOMS is a major flop but that's why it's still in our heads.Not to mention that some users here hate mo-cap and are tired of this recent wave of bad animated movies.Not me.I totally support mo-cap.I just think it had the bad luck of being used in not so very good movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 2:23pm
I don't have any other presence on the internet other than here. Now to rip into this:

The good:

The Martians: The Martians look pretty cool and more normal than the humans.

It's better than The Polar Express: While the mo-crap was creepy, at least the humans had irises. It may seem little, but it goes along way to make it less creepy. Still f*ckin' creepy, though.

It's not as soul-sucking as Hoodwinked Too!: Pretty much self-explanetary.

The bad:

Simon Wells: Simon Wells, great-grandson of H.G. Wells, directed this. Ol' Herb is rolling in grave. According to Wikipedia, he directed some of the dumbest films of my childhood: Fievel Goes West, We're Back, Balto. Prince Of Egypt was pretty cool, though.

The writing: The credited writers are Simon and someone named Wendy Wells. There no more info on her, so I'll assume she's his wife. The script is bad, cliches, and it's attempts at drama are pathetic.

The humans: They're ugly, annoying, and creepy. Although not as creepy as engineer Tom Hanks, it's pretty f*cked-up.

The ugly: (Should have put the humans in here.)

Dan Fogler: He's ugly and he can't act worth sh*t. He's made a bynch of really terrible movies like Good Luck Chuck, Balls Of Fury, Love Happens, Take Me Home Tonight, etc. If you looked at my front-runner picks, you'll notice that Fogler is on my Worst Supporting Actor list.

The robot-dog: Robotic sidekicks need to be outlawed in movies.

The mo-crap: A review of this movie wouldn't be complete without a mention of this. It's why the film is creepy. It's why the film is so expensive. And it's why noone saw this. They were too scared.

Before I end, I should mention that I'm looking forward to The Adevntures Of Tintin, which is mo-cap as well. Grade: D+

Next-up: Bad Teacher!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 2:54pm
Will you be doing one for Passion Play then? And for An Invisible Sign eventually*?

Edit: Oh and fear Dylan Dog.... Because it's worse than Season of the Witch....

*=Please do... That movie was funny and very unbelievable... Like to know what you think of it...

I have to disagree... I think that forums are only for discussion... Getting a clear idea at the films we could use for the ballots is just a plus...

Originally posted by Vits

Creating a forum months later is only a good idea when it's practically a fact the movie will at least go to the ballots.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 3:17pm
I haven't seen An Invisible Sign, so no review of that for now. If I can get my hands on it, yes. Passion Play makes this look like Rango, so expect a review of that. DYlan Dog comes to Redbox next week.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 3:30pm
Don't know if it's still there, but I posted a link to the entire movie when I "reviewed" it (well pointed out it's mistakes)...

I haven't seen An Invisible Sign, so no review of that for now. If I can get my hands on it, yes. Passion Play makes this look like Rango, so expect a review of that. DYlan Dog comes to Redbox next week.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 4:29pm
I just saw it...

You know that you have a bad movie, if the end credits are more interesting than the film itself...

and SchumacherH8ter... Did you, just like me, were bothered by the interspieces love-thing between Dan Fogler and that Martian-girl... Maybe it's just me... but I somehow always see humans having a relationship with aliens in movies as a form of beastiality...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 8:45pm
Yeah, the romance between Fogler and Martian-girl was creepy.

Also, I'm watching I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell and Jesus it's bad! I hope they send Tucker Max to Hell!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2011 at 10:40am
I just saw it, and I don't want it to be nominated for anything.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2011 at 8:51am
This was included here:
Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply