Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Megan Fox in PASSION PLAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Megan Fox in PASSION PLAY
    Posted: June 22 2011 at 4:31pm
I just saw it,and it felt like the movie being showed on TV at 3 AM because there's nothing else and they needed to fill in.Even if you like this movie,you'll forget about it inmediately.

Ladies and gentlemen,over 50 years after the premieres of Ed Wood movies,nobody expects a movie shown in a theater to have such an amateur directing,writing and editing that it shows a scene during the night and moments later during day.Well...it happened here!

Like Vheid said,this was a step-up for Fox.She was average at worst.I found nothing wrong with Murray,Lynch or Ifans.But Rourke...I think playing guys with a washed-up career is just an excuse for him to be a zombie instead of acting.It's his fault about the chemistry.She looked at him with passion,but he looked at her like his daughter.The only times the chemistry worked was when he had his eyes closed(like when they danced).

I give this 3/10.
Originally posted by Vheid

I just finished watching it...

*SPOILER*

They (sort of) pulled a Shyamalan, Rourke was death the whole time!

Actually,that's ambigous.But it'd pretty stupid if it's true,because there are scenes where NATE doesn't appear.Although,the poster tagline says "Love is stronger than death".

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 4:40pm
Vits, Thank you for the review... (I was wondering what you would think about the movie)

I disagree that the lack of passion/chemistry is only Rourke's fault. I found Megan really over the top with her childlike innocence and at one point I thought that she was guinenly trying to play a five year old... She didn't pull it of in my opinion (eventhough the "acting" was much beter for her standards)...

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 4:44pm
Like I said before,I wasn't sure about casting her.Angels tend to be innocent,and she doesn't have "innocent beauty".And,like others here,it was weird to see her half naked after all that time being innocent.But it must be part of her contracts.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 3:33pm

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, PASSION PLAY did get a minimal theatrical release before its DVD debut. Playing in 2 theatres, it grossed all of $3,669 (B.O. MoJo LINK). Since I'm fairly sure at least one of those theatres was in L.A. the film technically qualifies for RAZZIE® consideration...though just barely!

Well I guess that explains the rating on Rotten tomatoes.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 7:59pm
Yeah, once you've angered the all-powerful Spielberg, your theatrically-released movie career is pretty much over.  Rourke, on the other hand, has "Immortals" later in the year. It pretty much looks like "300" on crack!  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:51pm
Didn't "Postal" open in only FOUR theaters ... and it still got Razzie nods?!  

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, PASSION PLAY did get a minimal theatrical release before its DVD debut. Playing in 2 theatres, it grossed all of $3,669 (B.O. MoJo LINK). Since I'm fairly sure at least one of those theatres was in L.A. the film technically qualifies for RAZZIE® consideration...though just barely!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 8:29am
Well,when it comes to movies with limited release, they do get our attention if they feature a "Razzie Repeat Offender" (like Fox) in them.  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 10:35am
At the most, Megan Fox MIGHT make it onto the nominating ballot, and MAYBE into the final five nods. However, unless voters actually SEE this movie, I expect she will not "win."  
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 3:33pm
That is exactly what happened with Fox in past Razzie years.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 5:04pm
Here's a LINK that I think suggests we may have underestimated Megan's star power:

http://www.hitfix.com/galleries/10-stories-you-might-have-missed-megan-fox-joins-sacha-baron-cohen-in-the-great-dictator
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:09pm
Wow! And I was a little worried she was slipping there. Then again, her role will probably be a little more minor than we think. 
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:12pm
From what I've read, she has just a cameo role.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:16pm
"The Great Dictator"? I'm sorry, Sasha Baron Cohen is funny and all, but he's no Charlie Chaplin. As for Megan Fox -- yeah, it's going to be a bit part. Probably with her in a bikini, or her underwear, or a towel -- because that is where "acting" talent lies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:47pm
It appears I quoted too soon?? 
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 1:00pm
Actually, though the link I posted called Cohen's film THE GREAT DICTATOR, apparently the movie will just be called THE DICTATOR. I know it sounds the same as Chaplin's movie, and the premise is similar too, but I'm just pointing out it's technically not a remake of the Chaplin classic.  

Originally posted by Michaels

"The Great Dictator"? I'm sorry, Sasha Baron Cohen is funny and all, but he's noCharlie Chaplin. As for Megan Fox -- yeah, it's going to be a bit part. Probably with her in a bikini, or her underwear, or a towel -- because that is where "acting" talent lies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 2:06pm
Sometimes film can be remakes even when they're not trying to be...     
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>