Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE THREE STOOGES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of 3 STOOGES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of 3 STOOGES...
    Posted: April 11 2012 at 9:56pm
If The Three Stooges doesn't win Worst Picture, something more deserving will. And I haven't the first clue what your question is even supposed to mean...

QUOTE=whatsthepoint]
What happens if the Three Stooges doesn't win worst picture (We have no idea)? [/QUOTE] 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 2:02am
I somehow knew JoeBacon was going to say that.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 5:46am
I think Worst Picture probably will end up being Battleship, if not 3 Stooges. I honestly don't see any other movie(s) winning... 

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

What happens if the Three Stooges doesn't win worst picture (We have no idea)?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 6:15am
I've always wondered what would it be like if all The (various) Stooges were together in one movie. But... they have to be three. And of course, it ought to be the original trio.

Originally posted by JoeBacon

The burning question I have to ask is...WHERE'S SHEMP?

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 7:08am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 10:40am
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 8:57pm

Hey everyone it's at 53% based off 38 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, so much for that single digit percentage rating. Maybe it's not THAT bad. Doesn't look like it'll get any Razzie nomination. No repeat of a thousand words either.

Perhaps we should have a bonus thread for Lockout, which is getting worse reviews than the Stooges.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 9:38pm
38 reviews is about a third or less of a typical RT sample, and the most positive reviews tend to appear early. This movie could still drop quite considerably. 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 9:43pm
Keep telling yourself that Saturn Watcher -- the rating should at least end up at 30-40%, if it doesn't end up in the 50's, and not in the "less than 10%" that everyone seemed to be predicting. Not to mention that the weekly Rotten Tomatoes consensus says it's semi funny, and some of the top critics have given it positive reviews.  

Isn't that a little shocking?

Plus the ZERO% that HeadRAZZberry seemed to be predicting/hoping for obviously didn't happen.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 9:35am
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 9:36am
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Keep telling yourself that Saturn Watcher, the rating should at least end at 30-40%, if it doesn't end in the 50's, and not in the less than 10% that everyone seemed to be predicting. Not to mention that the weekly Rotten Tomatoes consensus says it's semi funny, and some of the top critics have given it positive reviews.

The concensus literally says "While nowhere near as painful as it could have been, it fails to add fresh laughs to The Stooges' inestimable cinematic legacy".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 10:29am

Critics Consensus: The Three Stooges Is Sometimes Funny, Sometimes Un-Soiten

It doesn't say that it's laugh out loud funny, just that it's not terribly unfunny or a complete disaster. I don't think it will get any Razzie Nominations for worst picture.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 10:36am
Oh. You read the concensus on the new releases' page. I read the concensus on the movie's page. But yeah, it seems it won't be nominated for Worst Picture. As for other categories...
tomsmo35 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 12:49pm
I noticed Lockout was not bonus worst of the weak it's gotten 29% on RT
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 6:26pm
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 6:49pm
Yo, WTP -- You really have a talent for putting words into the mouth of others, which is growing a bit tiresome. The overall rating has dropped to 44%, but in reading through several of the reviews, I get the distinct feeling that the positive reviews are coming from critics who, for whatever reason, liked the Stooges in the first place and don't really have much of a desire to tread on their legacy. In any event, whether this movie ended up with a 1% positive rating or a 100% positive rating doesn't make a squat bit of difference in how my life proceeds from here on out. Sorry to disappoint you. However, if this movie doesn't end up getting a single nomination, permit me to assure you that no one, no one, in this organization, or perhaps on the planet, will be happier than I am going to be. It will mean that I never have to sit through so much as one second of it. Big smile

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Keep telling yourself that Saturn Watcher, the rating should at least end at 30-40%, if it doesn't end in the 50's, and not in the less than 10% that everyone seemed to be predicting. Not to mention that the weekly Rotten Tomatoes consensus says it's semi funny, and some of the top critics have given it positive reviews.

Isn't that a little shocking?

Plus that' 0% that Headrazzberry seemed to be predicting/hoping for didn't happen.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>