Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE THREE STOOGES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of 3 STOOGES...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of 3 STOOGES...
    Posted: April 10 2012 at 8:42am
HERE's YER OPPORTUNITY to POKE THE THREE STOOGES in the EYE, KICK 'EM in the GROIN, PULL OUT THEIR HAIR and...

WELL, IF YOU'RE NOT a STOOGE YERSELF, by NOW YOU GET the IDEA, DONTCHA?!?!? 

OH, and HERE's the LINK to SEE/READ Ye Olde Head RAZZberry's FOTO FUNNY and OFFICIAL COMMENTARY on the FILM... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 9:05am
Just out of curiosity, actor wise, who should focus more on? The people that can do better and have done better? (Jane Lynch, Larry David, ACADEMY AWARD WINNER Jennifer Hudson.) Or the people that should have never been popular to begin with? (Dick-Faced Bobble-Head Shore Cast, of course.)

Also -- and I hope my fellow Forum Members don't mind me asking this -- I was wondering if you even like the Stooges to begin with, or did you always loathe them?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 10:50am
1) I think we should until we've seen the movie. Most of the celebrities in this movie seem to be just cameos. Maybe the focus will be on the 3 leads... although they look like they do fairly good impressions of the original trio. 

2)I don't remember how I felt about the original Stooges when I was young. I did see A DUCKING THEY DID GO a few months ago. It was funny... but very repetitive. The way they hit each other was always the same. And from what I know, that was their "routine" in every movie. Even when I watch homages or parodies of them, they feel too long. The short I saw was only 17 minutes long...but it should've been about 5 minutes. And now we get this full lenght feature! I read that it's actually divided in two halves, with different storylines... but still!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 1:09pm
I still like Bundy, Dahmer, and Gacy, The Three Murderers, from Episode 1011, Hell on Earth 2006, better. Where they beat and stabbed each other up in their attempts to deliver a Ferrari cake to Satan. And now, 5.4 years later, we have a likely Worst Picture contender on our hands. This needs to get in the single digits at Rotten Tomatoes!

But this begs two questions:
*How will this do in the 2012 RAZZIES against Battles(beep), A Thousand Words, One For the Money, and That's My Boy?
*When are they going to finally release the only film that's worse than this, Walter the Farting Dog?
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 2:55pm
What happens if the Three Stooges doesn't "win" Worst Picture (We have no idea)?
PS: The Farrelly Brothers' lowest rated film on Rotten Tomatoes still got 29%.

Also,   if anyone uses this film as an excuse to insult the Three Stooges, saying that the are not funny, I should point out that this film is not a representation of the original stooges  (aka some of the funniest people I have ever seen, something they share in common with Abbott and Costello, the Marx Brothers -- and just about any classic comedy team/duo/trio), it is simply Peter and Bobby Farrelly's own vision of the trio.

The only thing I don't like from the "original" Three Stooges (that I've seen) is the 1956-1959 shorts with Curly Joe.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 3:00pm
A Ducking They Did Go is hilarious. I'm sorry it was no longer than 17 minutes.  

Originally posted by Vits

I don't remember how I felt about the original Stooges when I was young. I did see A DUCKING THEY DID GO a few months ago. It was funny... but very repetitive. The way they hit each other was always the same. And from what I know, that was their "routine" in every movie. Even when I watch homages or parodies of them, they feel too long. The short I saw was only 17 minutes long...but it should've been about 5 minutes. And now we get this full lenght feature! I read that it's actually divided in two halves, with different storylines... but still!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 3:53pm
The trailer does show some modern and/or R-rated jokes that I don't think were in the trio's original movies. But I feel that the majority of the "jokes" will be MOE slapping the other two, CURLY & LARRY using the peace sign to stop him from poking their eyes, etc.

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

Also if anyone uses this film as an excuse to insult the Three Stooges, saying that there not funny, I should point out that this film is will not be a representation of the original stooges  (aka some of the funniest people I have ever seen, something they share in common with Abbott and Costello, and the Marx Brothers, and just about any classic comedy team/duo/trio), it is simply Peter and Bobby Farrelly's own vision of the trio.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 4:00pm
I find very odd that there really aren't comedy teams anymore. People say they're not trendy anymore. But that can't be. That's like saying being a stand-up comedian can stop being trendy. Comedy styles change, but those who perform them remain in time. The only ones that exist today are formed of movie and TV characters, parody bands and Internet stars.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 6:31pm
Yeah I miss comedy teams, but I don't think they would be as good as the old days. At least we still have some duo's.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 3:10am
I was actually hoping HeadRazz would answer if he even liked the Stooges in the first place.   

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, Oiram -- Here's the LINK to read my "Official Take" on THREE STOOGES, in which your query is answered...  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 11:11am
Please, please, if this movie ends up being a contender, I don't want to see Chris Diamantopoulos (I had to look that up), Sean Hayes and Vits Award nominee* Will Sasso to be nominated jointly for Worst Actor. 

*Best TV Ensemble for SH*T MY DAD SAYS.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 3:25pm
I don't see why not, Vits.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 4:02pm
Really? Do we have to go through it again?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 6:11pm
After reading Head Razz's take on the original Stooges, my response is a heartfelt and enthusiastic Clap 

Sorry Whats, but the Stooges weren't funny. Their "comedy stylings" were lowbrow and insulting...appreciable only by 10 year-olds and drunken frat brothers. The word "deplorable" comes readily to mind. BTW, to answer a question posed earlier, just in case there is any lingering ambiguity...NO...I didn't care for the original Stooges. LOL And the fact that Snooki from Joisey Shore is making at least a cameo appearance in this movie cements its Razzie credentials.

NOTE: I have to type in Joisey because if you type in the actual word, for some reason a rather vulgar characterization appears instead...try it and see.

Originally posted by oiram

I was actually hoping HeadRazz would answer if he even liked the Stooges in the first place.   
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Yo, Oiram -- Here's the LINK to read my "Official Take" on THREE STOOGES, in which your query is answered...

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 9:26pm
The burning question I have to ask is...

WHERE'S SHEMP?

2014 Pic: LEGEND OF HERCULES! Actor: Aaron Echkardt, Director: Renny Harlin, Remake: Transcendence
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 9:30pm
That question pretty much sums up Shemp's career!  Wink
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>