Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on ABDUCTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of ABDUCTION

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of ABDUCTION
    Posted: October 05 2011 at 4:49pm
I know Julia Jones, who stars as the lone female werewolf in "Twilight" is actually Native American. I think everyone else in the "werewolf tribe" is actually Hispanic in real life (which, of course, is pissing off people of actual Native American descent!).
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
CaitPes81 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote CaitPes81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2011 at 9:32pm
2 "Likes"!  LOL LOL  

Originally posted by thomsonmg2000

While critics are calling Bucky Larson about as funny as a brain tumor, one critic is calling Abduction one of the funniest film of the year! Looks like Hollywood is getting the case of misplaced priorities.

Link

Caitlin Pescott
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2011 at 6:23am
If this makes it onto the Nominating Ballots (aside from a combined Worst Actor shot for Lautner) I hope it will be considered for Worst Rip-off -- Since even the poster is a rip-off of the BOURNE films: 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2011 at 5:29pm
I just saw it,and gave it 4/10.

F.Y.C.:

-Actor for Taylor Lautner:Yes.While I'm gonan list the flaws in this movie,becuase it's a vehicle it all relies on him.After the first 3 movies of a certain saga I came to the conclusion that with the right director(and maybe some luck)he can be an average actor at best,and this movie is the proof.There are many details to take in account when rating a performance,but at the end what matters it's if the actor can show emotions,and he just doesn't have that talent.I do admire that he did his own stunts...but if that's the case,he should be a stunt double instead.

-Supp. Actor for Alfred Molina,Jason Isaacs(also for HARRY POTTER 7 1/2) or Michael Nyqvist;Supp. Actress for Maria Bello or Sigourney Weaver;Couple/Ensemble:No.They are aware nobody is watching the movie because of them,so they don't anything memorable(good or bad).And the leads have a decent chemistry*.

-Supp. Actress for Lily Collins:Yes.Though she wasn't as bad as in PRIEST,she was bad...and she was in PRIEST.LOL

-Director:No.While the action sequences** aren't thrilling,John Singleton*** makes them watchable.

-Screenplay;Remake/Rip-Off:Sure.As stated in my previous post,this is a rip-off even by details.Actually,the premise is also taken from a TV movie called THE FACE ON THE CARTON MILK****.However,we should give it credit for not making the same mistake most JASON BOURNE-wannabes make:the explanation at the climax isn't overly complicated,and it doesn't make the plot ridiculous.

-Picture:No.Despite being so generic,and feeling as if it was made in no more than a week,there were just worse movies this year.

*When they're making out,he doesn't take his shirt off.Instead,he takes it at one point where it doesn't make sense and they just come up with an excuse for it.
**While the trailer shows us a bunch of action sequences,most of them happen together.At the end,only a fraction of the movie shows action!
***This is the first of his movies I've watched.Whadda shame!
****My prediction came true:
Originally posted by Vits

So he's just the boy next door, who happens to find out he's adopted. Sounds like a Lifetime TV movie.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 9:29pm
I like the compelling premise, but the execution is so mind-numbingly bad it boggles the mind. In one scene, this bad guy kidnaps the girlfriend in the train and asks her where Lautner's character is....but before she was kidnapped, she was walking to Lautner in the first place! The supporting castmembers are so talented it makes you wonder what got them in this film. One hopes that they were signed onto the film before Lautner was casted to be the lead. Overall, the script was terrible, the action scenes were executed in an amateurish way (the train sequence, in particular, is a riot), and Lautner failed to carry the film on his shoulders. I think Lautner can be a decent actor if he has a good director looking out for him. For example, I thought he was pretty decent in Breaking Dawn, but he really couldn't sell the action hero persona in Abduction. 1.5/10
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2011 at 10:58pm
Moviewizguy, I agree with you in some parts. The movie was a joke, no action (running around and jumping over gates is no action) and illogical plot twists (phone with secret codes randomly laying around on the desk). In the first two minutes, while Lautner was laying on the car hood, he already annoyed the heck out of me. Absolutely awful actor. And I think he is pretty much talent free. On the other hand, he's only 18 or 19.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 9:37am
I thought the script was written specifically for Lautner -- Isn't that what "vehicle" means?  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

The supporting castmembers are so talented it makes you wonder what got them in this film. One hopes that they were signed onto the film before Lautner was cast to be the lead.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 1:52pm
Maybe it wasn't meant to be a Lautner "vehicle" before shooting began. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it's possible it could have been a regular film until the studio decided to make it with Lautner.  

Originally posted by Vits

I thought the script was written specifically for Lautner -- Isn't that what "vehicle" means?  
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2011 at 3:32pm
I hope not. Based on how the movie turned out, its being a vehicle for Lautner is almost a valid excuse.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 7:19pm
This is currently available OnDemand for a fee of $6.99 instead of the regular $4.99 because it's not on DVD yet. I started watching it and so far, so bad.

Also, I've ponied up the $35 to become a Razzie voter!!!  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Glad to have you among our Voting  RAZZIE® Members at last! 

I recently paid $7.99 to see ABDUCTION on FIOS pay-per-view myself -- and it's likely to be all over the Nominating Ballot -- possibly in as many as EIGHT CATEGORIES.

BTW: As at least one review noted (and I noticed during one of the 357 dull parts in the movie) at no point is anyone in this movie eve actually abducted -- so even the title is dumb!   

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 10:21pm
Well, I plan to watch all of the movies on the Razzie nominating ballot before I vote so...unfortunately, I will know what you mean soon enough...*groan*
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 6:14am
After you finish watching ABDUCTION, will you review it? Or are you busy with next week? 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

I started watching it and so far, so bad.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2011 at 6:43am
I'll get back to reviewing regular movies next week. There's a bunch of movies that I've seen that have forums here, but are are virtually unreviewable. Specifically, Bunraku and The Undefeated. (Edit: and The Art Of Getting By.)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 9:50pm
Time to end my Liefeldian schedule and actually review something.

The good:

Jason Issacs: Issacs plays Lautner's fake dad. His scenes with him show that Issacs truely cares for his fake son. So, of course, he ends up dead.

The bad:

Alfred Molina: Molina plays a dirty government agent after Lautner and his dim-bulb brain girlfriend. He's bland as Hell and I voted for him on my nominating ballot.

Sigourney Weaver: Weaver plays Lautner's therapist... or is she? Her acting is well below her usual standard and it's clear she's aware of it.

Michael Nyqvist: He plays the big bad of the movie. At one point, he threatens to kill Lautner's Facebook friends. Fortunately, Michael was in Mission: Impossible 4, so that must aliviate the pain.

The ugly:

Lily Collins: Collins is just bad here as Lautner's dim-bulb brained girlfriend. Her main purporse is to kiss Taylor and get captured.

John Singleton and Shawn Christensen: Singleton is the down-on-his-luck director who's forced to direct brain-dead star vehicles. Christensen is the brain-dead writer (and singer for a band called Stellastarr*, yes really) who crapped out this script.

Taylor Lautner: Last year, Robert Pattinson gave a decent performance in the decent movie Water For Elephants, which was a decent box-office hit. He may not be in a bread-line in a couple years. Lautner, on the other hand, is definitely going to be there! Kristen Stewart well probably be there too, so he won't be alone. Casting Lautner in this was a massively dumb move. Teenage girls only care about him when he's Jacob and teenage boys loath him. Sane movie-goers agree with the teenage boys.

Apparantly, the last shot of Taylor's real dad is an homage to Assassin's Creed. As someone who's blown hours on the Assassin's Creed series, may Altair slay Shawn Christensen where he stands. Grade: D-

Next-up: Bucky Larson!!!!
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2012 at 10:35pm
Either Ezio or Altair, whatever.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2012 at 12:46am
When did you get your nominating ballot?
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>