Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on HUMAN CENTIPEDE II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member DISCUSSION of CENTIPEDE, TOO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member DISCUSSION of CENTIPEDE, TOO
    Posted: October 08 2011 at 10:57am
Just like with the first one,Roger Ebert didn't give this a rating:"The film is reprehensible,dismaying,ugly,artless and an affront to any notion,however remote,of human decency".
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Some unintentional humor: There are parts of this that are humorous. For starters, the first thing that Heiter makes the centipede do is... fetch the paper. They should have called it The Human Centipuppy!
Im pretty sure that was meant to be comic relief.Also,at the beginning,he says he first tried the experiment with dogs.

As some of you might recall, the poster for this stated that it was "100% Medically Accurate." That's a load of sh*t right there.

Heiter brings the centipede up to the house and back down to the basement. The problem is that his staircase is spiral: how the f*ck does that work?
Both answers can be found here.

Next-up: I don't know. I don't have any plans for a review before the 13th, but I'll fit a movie in before that.
What?I thought you had already chosen like 10 movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 11:22am

Medical accuracy: As some of you might recall, the poster for this stated that it was "100% Medically Accurate." That's a load of sh*t right there.

And what makes you say it isn't?

The plot hole: People who've seen this know what I'm talking about. Heiter brings the centipede up to the house and back down to the basement. The problem is that his staircase is spiral: how the f*ck does that work? Towards the end, when Heiter is conversing with police officers, the centipede tries to escape but has trouble with the staircase. If they got up the staircase fine with Heiter, why don't they just do what he was telling them to do?

You make a great point, but in the greater scheme of things, it's a small flaw. It's like with every horror film how cell phones won't work. If they did work, the movie would end in 10 minutes.

Ashlynn Yennie: Yennie's acting is truely terrible. She plays the ass end of the centipede. Considering how annoying she was during the non-centipede scenes, you'll be glad that her mouth is shut!

As far as horror movies go, the genre doesn't really need Oscar caliber performances. Sure, I will admit the performances of the two girls pre-centipede were...off and amateurish. HOWEVER, after they are in the centipede, you have to admit their performances dramatically improved. Their expression of fear is totally believable and made me feel very bad in the situation they're in.

Tom Six: Six came up with a good hook for the movie, but forgot to add a story to it! Once you get over the fact that there's three people stitched ass to mouth, you realize that there isn't a story. Seriosuly, can anyone tell me what the plot was? No, because there isn;t one!

The story was that the three people were trying to find a way to escape. It's not that hard to figure out, especially in the third act where things get intense as they try to find a way out.

This is one of the most boring films ever. Grade: D

I find that grade a bit too low but you're free to do so. I find it to be a good horror film because it's actually genuinely good. Walking in the movie, I was expecting it to be disgusting, exploitative, etc. However, color me surprised when I found the directing to be more than competent, the cinematography to be gorgeous (unlike the flash cuts, quick editing you usually find in the Saw series), the performances to be believable, and the film to be suspenseful and subtle. Additionally, every chance Six could have shown something disgusting, he didn't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 12:36pm
To Vits, that link is broken. As for the schedule, I know what I'm reviewing, I just don't know when I'm going to. I was thinking of reviewing Darkness Falls (the evil tooth fairy movie) next. Mainly because of it's "interesting" history.

To MWG, 1.) The centipede would have died a lot quicker than they should have. 2.) As someone who's signal goes out all the time mid-conversation, I've never had a problem with the cell-phone issue. 3.) To me, the girls' performances before the were in the centipede were just awful. While Yennie's performance, as you mentioned, picked-up during the centipede section, Williams just bombed. The scene where the sh*t enters her mouth was gross, but her facial expressions made it hard to take seriously. 4.) Saying it doesn't have a story was kinda over-the-top on my part, but the plot didn't pick-up until the end. 5.) I was actually surprised about how not over-the-top the grossness was. The only scene that made me really grossed out was the quick shot of the "pink sock."
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 12:47pm
Here's the link again: 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1467304/faq

Originally posted by moviewizguy

As some of you might recall, the poster for this stated that it was "100% Medically Accurate." That's a load of sh*t right there.
And what makes you say it isn't?

No,this is part of the premise. I think what he meant was that the plot didn't go anywhere until the last part. Before that, it was more of a series of vignettes than a story.

The story was that the three people were trying to find a way to escape.

I actually expected them show the surgery! 

Additionally, every chance Six could have shown something disgusting, he didn't.

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 2:01pm
It's funny you mentioned that scene because I never saw it in the film. It turns out that I actually saw an "edited version" of the film with that scene cut out.  

The scene where the sh*t enters her mouth was gross, but her facial expressions made it hard to take seriously.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2011 at 5:14pm
Reading th3 defense of the plot hole linked below reminds me of Roger Ebert's students trying to explain the end of Being There. For those unaware, at the end of Being There, the slow-seeming Chance The Gardener walks into a lake and walks on the surface of the water. Ebert's students theorized about a sand-barge or a submerged deck, but Ebert rejected it because neither was shown in the film. We were never shown wheels on the cage or a door to the garden.

As for medical accuracy, the FAQ mentions several ways that the film isn't accurate, proving my original point about the "100% Medically Accurate" being wrong.

I've decided that Darkness Falls will be the next review. I'll have a review of it tomorrow after I get back from Real Steel.  

Originally posted by Vits

Here's the link again:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1467304/faq
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 12:14pm
I saw the original one on a dare.  

I wound up filling my RAZZIE nominating ballot with lots of nominations for the original film, especially for "director" TOM SICKS! 

However, this movie sounds so bad that it doesn't deserve any attention by RAZZIE voters. It's too AWFUL to even be considered "RAZZIE worthy"!
2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 4:28pm
Too AWFUL to even be considered RAZZIE worthy? 
There's no such thing, my friend!  LOL  

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 5:18pm
I seem to recall HeadRAZZBerry mentioning once that Kickin' It Old Skool was so bad that it wouldn't be considered for the 2007 RAZZIES, despite it getting a forum here. He said something similar about Beer For My Horses in August 2008.

Due to the half-and-half approval rating at Rotten T, the limited release, and because it was based overseas, I was rather satisfied that The Human Centipede: First Sequence wasn't nominated for any of the 2010 RAZZIES.

I listed Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence for 1 nomination for Worst Director for Tom 6. I was on the fence because this film is considered British, but the deciding factor was that this is the same year that HUMANCENTiPAD was made.

Tom 6 said he wanted to make the Human Centipede franchise a trilogy. He then said that Human Centipede 3: Final Sequence would be the last one (that's the good news), but he hoped to make it disgusting enough to make Full Sequence look like a Disney film (that's the bad news).
Lord Naseby View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 11:55pm
If this one gets Razzie noms I will not see it. I plan to see most, if not all, of the Razzie nominated films to get a good idea of who I should be voting for. But if this one gets nods, I will not watch it. It just flat out crosses my line. I read they synopsis of the film and from what it looks like, even the creators of Saw would look at it and say "dude...WTF? We didn't even go this far this is disgusting. What the heck is wrong with you!?" Plus, who the heck agrees to be in these kinds of films!? Who is sick enough to go "this could be entertaining" because it certainly isn't art. I guarantee the 3rd one will be even more depraved and horrid.
Lord Naseby read my reviews!

http://lordnasebyblog.blogspot.com/
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 12:01am
Oh, and the director of the films said #3 will make #2 look like a Disney film. What on Earth is wrong with him!?!?! He can't call this art. No one is going to see the 2nd one, they are too disgusted with this moron. I can't blame them. Even Saw 7 had more dignity than this. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 11:12am
The "HUMAN CENTIPAD" episode of SOUTH PARK aired last night. It was good. I was glad they didn't make fun of Steve Jobs.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 12:26pm
South Park couldn't make fun of Steve Jobs because he wasn't dead yet. The "Human Centipad" episode came out months and months ago -- it was their season premier. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 12:45pm
I know. I meant they could have because he was still alive. They could still do it, but I'm sure they'll do it with more respect. Like when Steve Irwin got kicked out of a party. They didn't make fun of him directly.
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lord Naseby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 12:47pm
OK, gotcha! Now that you mention stuff like this, I'm surprised they didn't have a field day with Bin Ladin's death. I guess it's because they'd made fun of him too much already? 

JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 8:56pm
Trust me, there ARE pictures that are so utterly awful that the RAZZIES shouldn't touch them. even with the proverbial 50 foot pole. Among them: Shakes The Clown, Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, Deep Throat Part 2, Flesh Gordon and The Cosmic Cheerleaders, It's Pat, Liquid Sky and The Kid and I!

2014 Pic: LEFT BEHIND Actor: NICHOLAS CAGE Director: VIC ARMSTRONG, DAMN THIS SHOULD WIN EVERY RAZZIE!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>