Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE DEVIL INSIDE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of DEVIL INSIDE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of DEVIL INSIDE
    Posted: January 05 2012 at 5:09pm
This isn't being screened for critics. Why am I not surprised?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 5:47pm
The first review finally came in on this -- a reviewer, nicknamed "Uncle Creepy," gave it a positive review. I don't know how reliable he is, but he said it had much of what some people seek in a horror film. 

I'm not surprised because the trailers just give off a smell of RAZZberries. Perhaps it's how the voices sound. Perhaps it's all the other sound effects. Perhaps it's the film editing or even the camera filtering that made at least me suspect it even more than usual. If this gets widely panned tomorrow morning, I can return here and say I told you this would be a bad film, just like so many "first bad films out of the gate" before it.

Meanwhile, Joyful Noise is still 8 days away, and it already has 2 negative reviews. I hope that's a sign of things to come, because after January 2011 where we only had 3 RAZZIE contenders, we'll be closer to having at least 6 contenders like was the case with January 2008, 2009, and 2010.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 7:18pm
"Uncle Creepy" gave the DTV Hostel III a good review. This, combined with his review being the only one a day before it's released, convinced me that he's a shill.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2012 at 8:20pm
Ok, just came back from a "prescreening," and I take back everything I said. This movie sucked! I saw it for free and I still felt ripped off. The movie moves at an incredibly slow pace, with too few cheap scares, all coming too far between. The abrupt ending is like a slap in the face, because there is no payoff. Basically, the movie promises more than it delivers. 

Instead of paying to see the movie, just watch the "red band trailer" that (surprise, surprise) reveals all the good parts in the film...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 8:20am
You thought the ending was abrupt? Isn't this a "found footage" movie? So at the end, no matter what, whoever was filming dies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 9:39am
There's a clear difference between this ending compared to the endings of all those other "found footage" films.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 1:19pm
This got another positive review from Joe Leydon, a "top critic". He gave Trespass a good review and Bridesmaids a pan.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 1:59pm
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Vheid

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I'm sure it's not a coincidence that DEVIL INSIDE is being released by Paramount, the same studio that has reaped such enormous profits from the PARANORMAL franchise, which is arguably the impetus for the "rebirth" of this "genre" (which dates back to BLAIR WITCH over a decade ago)...

Here's a nice little article about Paramounts plans....

Originally posted by oiram

Vheid, do you have anything to say about what I said?

Not really.... I understand your reasoning for considering it... eventhough I don't fully agree...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 4:10pm
@Vheid: That article... I'm speechless.

Has anyone here seen a movie called JIMMY & JUDY? If you haven't, you should. Although it seems I'm the only one who gave it 9/10, it's a good example on how to make a Found Footage Film that isn't a Horror Film.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2012 at 8:02pm
MovieWizGuy, is this Tweet* about the ending true? If it is, the filmmakers gotta be stupid!

*https://twitter.com/#!/DrPuppykicker/status/155384110376947712
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 6:19am
Some bad news, people....
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 9:41am
R.T.(5-15%): "A cheap, choppy unscary mess, featuring one of the worst endings in recent memory".
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 10:53am
And here's a LINK with some more bad news: This made $16.85 million on Friday alone! It's already made back 18times its budget, so it's officially a hu-u-u-u-u-ge hit.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Sounds like I need to remind everyone that, while box office failure is often an indicator of RAZZIE® potential, box office "success" does not necessarily protect a film from our consideration. On our 2011 Nominating Ballot (which should be arriving in Voting Member's mailboxes soon) we have listed many "box office blockbusters" (TWILIGHT SBD #1, TRANNIES #3, ALVIN #3, and cetera)... 

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 1:27pm

I never said that. I'm as annoyed as you are.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 2:46pm
I remember reading that some time ago, and I thought the idea was great. However, since The Devil Inside is one of them, I'm not so sure about the idea anymore.
Originally posted by Vheid

Here's a nice little article about Paramounts plans....

Yes, it's true. Ugh, and it was so frustrating to see.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

MovieWizGuy, is this Tweet* about the ending true? If it is, the filmmakers gotta be stupid!

*https://twitter.com/#!/DrPuppykicker/status/155384110376947712

I'm also surprised by the $16.9 million it made on Friday alone. THIS IS MADNESS!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>