Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Discussion & Add'l INFO on THE DEVIL INSIDE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of DEVIL INSIDE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of DEVIL INSIDE
    Posted: January 07 2012 at 3:13pm
MWG: Can you post a link to the website mentioned in the tweet???  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Yes, it's true. Ugh, and it was so frustrating to see.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

MovieWizGuy, is this Tweet* about the ending true? If it is, the filmmakers gotta be stupid!

*https://twitter.com/#!/DrPuppykicker/status/155384110376947712

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 5:54pm
Thanks for the confirmation MWG. I heard about the ending a couple times, but I had trouble believing it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 12:04am

If I remember correctly, Apollo 18 did the same thing too.

Originally posted by Vheid

MWG: Can you post a link to the website mentioned in the tweet???  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Yes, it's true. Ugh, and it was so frustrating to see.

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

MovieWizGuy, is this Tweet* about the ending true? If it is, the filmmakers gotta be stupid!

*https://twitter.com/#!/DrPuppykicker/status/155384110376947712

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 11:19am
Apollo 18 may have ended that way too, but the end was less anticlimatic than what The Devil Inside's ending sounds like.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2012 at 12:22pm
Here's a LINK to shot-in-the-theater video of audience reaction to the film's ending at YouTube. I think it's pretty hilarious, but it shows the ending so...HUGE SPOILERS! 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Berry funny!  You might have to go all the way back to the summer 1977 release of EXORCIST, TOO (IMDb LINK) to find such a vociferous, borderline violent reaction to a movie's ending. Question is: Will anyone still remember this little turkey come year's end??
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 6:12am
Here's a link to read the Movies w/Mitch review of this film.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 11:03am
The director is now attached to another found footage flick: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85771
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 2:17pm
This is the fourth year out of five that the year has opened up with a piss poor supernatural film.  In 2008, we had "One Missed Call", a film that tried to stay as faithful as possible to the original Japanese film, but fell apart at the end.  In 2009, there was "The Unborn", a horror flick that I couldn't last ten minutes through because it looked too silly.  There's also 2011's "Season of the Witch", a film that was so poorly directed that it was compared to Uwe Boll's work.  Now in 2012, we have "The Devil Inside", a found footage film that makes "The Blair Witch Project" seem genuine.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 6:38am
Well Miguel, maybe this will help you.
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 8:34am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to read an L.A. Times article suggesting that DEVIL INSIDE is only the first of what will be a slew of "found footage" movies released by major studios in 2012. Who but Voting RAZZIE® Members would be happy to hear that? And on this subject, if there are enough of these movies this year, and enough of them stink as badly as DEVIL INSIDE, "FF Films" could be the fodder for our 2012 Special Category... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2012 at 8:02pm
Apparently, having your film make $35 million in an opening weekend will get you a lot of project offers. If the news of the director getting to work on the "Vatican" project wasn't enough, he has another project under his belt, which is yet another found footage flick taking place in Romania: http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/164821-the-devil-inside-team-lines-up-another-horror-movie
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 8:11am
Other than Chronicle, Project X, and Paranormal Activity 4, I'm not sure if there'll be any others ones coming out, unless we look hard enough...   

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to read anL.A. Times article suggesting that DEVIL INSIDE is only the first of what will be a slew of "found footage" movies released by major studios in 2012. Who but Voting RAZZIE® Members would be happy to hear that? And on this subject, if there are enough of these movies this year, and enough of them stink as badly as DEVIL INSIDE, "FF Films" could be the fodder for our 2012 Special Category... 
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 2:53pm
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 3:09am
This is one of the worst horror movies I've ever watched. Here are my reasons: 

Screenplay: William Brent Bell and Matthew Peterman have conjured a screenplay that's a mess. All the scenes seem like they've been stapled together rather than flowing like a proper movie. The protagonist and her allies aren't portrayed as people we can support. Instead they seem to be mentally disturbed people who willingly ignore well-established psychological and psychiatric research. They seem to be more like an evil cult than a group of misunderstood good guys. William Brent Bell and Matthew Peterman deserve nominations for Worst Screenplay. 

Directing: William Brent Bell also did a sloppy job as a director. He decided to let the screenplay, actors and film sets to direct itself. It's as if he didn't give a damn, pun intended. He is definitely worthy of the Worst Director nomination. 

This load of garbage is also worthy of Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel. It's is most certainly a trashy knock-off of other, and better, 'video footage' movies. 

Thanks to the sloppy efforts of the Director the main characters have little compatibility or cohesiveness with one another. So this movie should be seriously considered for Worst Screen Couple and Worst Screen Ensemble. 

It trash from beginning to end. Watching this movie is genuine torture. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes a movie guaranteed to win Razzies.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2012 at 7:18am
So you're saying it shouldn't be nominated for Worst Picture?
LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 1:04pm
I just saw it.

A nagger friend of mine told me the ending, so it didn't shock me. That's the only reason why I considered not putting this in my "Worst movie endings" list. But I put it because, if you start thinking about the ending, it's stupid.

For your consideration:
-Worst Picture.
-Worst Screenplay.
-Worst Excuse For A Horror Movie (or Worst Excuse For A Found Footage Movie, if you create that category).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>