Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Member Discussion & Cetera for GHOST RIDER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of GHOST TOASTIES #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of GHOST TOASTIES #2
    Posted: February 16 2012 at 1:48pm
You do realize that Penn actually said that in 1999?  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Considering Cage's recent output, that Sean Penn quote is oddly spot-on.

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 2:19pm
If you guys don't, I'll post a topic on This Means War, because, yes, like some other McG films, this got negative reviews.

Anyway, I don't know what to say about Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Or should I say, True Capitalist Rider. I mean, okay, the pissing on fire joke may be over the top, but yet kick-ass, but still, I don't think we need another Ghost Rider movie after the first one. But then again, it is made by the same guys that did a great movie series, Crank, Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 2:33pm
According to these guys, yes. According to these guys, claiming to speak for those other guys, no. Wait...I'm confused!  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Does Nicolas Cage still have a chance at being a Worst Actor runner-up for 2011?

Since HeadRAZZ waited until mid-weak to make this forum, instead of making it on Sunday or Monday (there wasn't a forum last week, so he should have had the time), it seems he won't make one for THIS MEANS WAR. But you should still wait until tomorrow, just in case.

Originally posted by GTAHater767

And with a 28% approval and 32% Metascore, why hasn't This Means War gotten a forum yet?!?!

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 3:44pm
Here are some notes I made on this film:

1. The film is directed by Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor, who made the Crank movies.  At least its not Mark Steven Johnson.

2. The film's budget is $75M.  That's $35M less than the budget for the first one.

3. I can't tell if the character of Ghost Rider is motion-capture or computer-animated.  Last time, I think it was the latter.

4. My guess is that most of us are gonna wait 'til summer or whenever it comes on DVD so we can put it on our Netflix queues and watch it free of charge.  That's the most efficient way to see it.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 3:56pm

If this film has lots of action sequences, then I believe people will go to see it (regardless of what critics think). So far this year critics have had absolutely no impact on the box office.

Of course a good number of those reviews also seem to be criticizing the plot (give me a break).

But will just have to see this coming weekend.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 9:41am
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 9:55am
Current RT Rating: 12% based on 25 reviews. Doesn't sound too good!  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 1:15pm
That was what I meant by "oddly." It's like the "President Schwarzenegger" line from Demolition Man.

Originally posted by whatsthepoint

You do realize that he actually said that in 1999?

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 1:53pm
Here's a LINK to listen to the Spill review of Ghost Rider 2...  

Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 7:12pm
Peter Travers gave this 0 stars. 
Originally posted by oiram

Current RT Rating: 12% based on 25 reviews. Doesn't sound too good!

"With a weak script, uneven CG work, and a Nic Cage peformance so predictably loony its no longer amusing, the movie aims to be trashy fun but ends up as plain trash." 

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 6:58am
No argument, but Penn doesn't exactly have a lot of room to criticize anyone else. He may not be equally guilty of making pandering, big budget movies, but his sin is going after roles that are blatant "Oscar baiters." One example, him portraying Harvey Milk. It's not that he gave a bad performance, but he was getting Oscar buzz months before the film was released. Frankly, that was a case of the role, not the actor, getting the nomination. Peewee Herman probably could have received an Oscar nomination for that role. And Penn's filmography is filled with similar roles.  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 10:07am
Yes. That also includes DEAD MEN WALKING (which I liked), FAIR GAME (I'm the only one who hated that movie) and ALL THE KING'S MEN (I'm not the only one who hated that movie).
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 5:03pm
Really? REALLY? LINK... 
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 5:31pm
Wow, that clip... actually makes me want to watch this.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 8:14pm
Another online review... 

In case you're thinking about it... back off! She's mine!
LOL

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 5:46pm
No offense HeadRAZZberry, but maybe the reason Cage chose to do this role was because he figured it could give him a  better opening weekend than any he's had lately (not to mention the fact he's broke, so he's doing anything to get money). Even if it doesn't do great business, he was probably well paid.   

Personally I don't think he cares about "winning" Razzies.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: The reference to Cage taking this role because he wanted to "add a RAZZIE® to his mantle" was...a joke! 

GET IT?!?!?!?  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>