Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Member Discussion & Cetera for GHOST RIDER, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of GHOST TOASTIES #2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of GHOST TOASTIES #2
    Posted: February 15 2012 at 7:17am
IS THERE EVEN the GHOST of a CHANCE THIS WON'T BE a RAZZIE® NOMINEE COME NEXT JANUARY??  

HERE's WHERE to SET FIRE to GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT of VENGEANCE.  

TO QUOTE FANTASTIC FOUR: "FLAME ON!"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 7:55am
I've never said this here before, but I need to: I hate puns. Some of my friends love making puns. They make puns 24/7. I just find them annoying. 

But back on topic....

I think you should add a forum for "This Means War" as well. It's getting some really bad reviews.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 8:28am
Yeah, this has the potential to be "so bad it's good," but This Means War just looks bad.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 8:34am

Like I said a year ago, the 2010s are pretty much (judging by the quality of the films he is choosing*) going to be Nicolas Cage's 'John Travolta moment'.

*Excluding 'Kick-Ass'
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 9:07am
Ghost Rider 1 was #19 on the Bottom 40 Films of 2007. I imagine this one is probably going to get a single-digit percent approval rating at Rotten T because they're doing well so far at holding the critics back. Is Nicolas Cage starring in anything else this year? Does Nicolas Cage stand a chance of beating Shia LeBoeuf and the two Breaking Dawn Part I actors for Worst Actor in the 2011 RAZZIES?

And last week I said This Means War wouldn't or shouldn't get a forum, but now I eat my words. If need be, The Vow can be a leftover worst new film from last week as well.

EDIT: I momentarily forgot about Adam Sandler! Does Cage have any chance of at least being nominated for Worst Actor then?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 1:12pm
GTA, Adam Sandler's got Worst Actor in the bag.

In related news, one of the director's of this (Brian Taylor) is going to direct a Twisted Metal movie.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 3:28pm
With the possibility of... Nic Cage being Sweet Tooth??? That sounds like a recipe for disaster. Hell, David Jaffe should be in charge of a Twisted Metal film, not these guys who made Crank. If a Twisted Metal movie does suck, may Sweet Tooth make Brian Taylor shut up and bleed! Also, have you played the new Twisted Metal yet, SchumacherH8ter?
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 6:20pm
I've never played a Twisted Metal game.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 6:53pm
The release is just under 40 hours away, and there are STILL no reviews at Rotten T. I'll be stunned if this gets above 20% in approval rating. Though those two critics agreed that this would make Ghost Rider 1 look like The Dark Knight (Top 40 Films of 2008, #1), Metacritic hasn't taken note of it.

It's been 12 1/2 years (1/8 century!) since Sean Penn declared that Nic Cage was no longer an actor. Here are the Cage films that caught my attention since Jnr. 1, 2000:

Gone in 60 Seconds [remake] : Bottom 40 Films of 2000, #40
Captain Corelli's Mandolin : Bottom 40 Films of 2001, #14
Adaptation. : Top 40 Films of 2002, #13 (This is his only good film since Y2K)
The Wicker Man [remake] : Bottom 40 Films of 2006, #4
Ghost Rider : Bottom 40 Films of 2007, #19
NEXT : Bottom 40 Films of 2007, #16
Bangkok Dangerous : Bottom 40 Films of 2008, #36
Know1ng : Bottom 40 Films of 2009, #39
G-Force : Bottom 40 Films of 2009, #28
The Sorcerer's Apprentice : Bottom 40 Films of 2010, #39
Season of the Witch : Bottom 40 Films of 2011, slated
Trespass : Bottom 40 Films of 2011, slated

Besides Stolen/Medallion, which just got scheduled for May 25, he's also starring in The Frozen Ground, now in pre-production, scheduled for Dcb. 1, 2012, and Frank or Francis, also in pre-production, but with no release date.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 8:47pm
When did Sean Penn say that about Cage? I'm not doubting you, I just wanna know what the circumstances were!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 3:48am

Good, but what about This Means War?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 8:55am
Penn made those remarks about Cage back in March or April of 1999, as reported by People Magazine. Essentially, Penn was criticizing Cage's tendency to take big budget, highly publicized movies, and suggested that Cage wasn't "an actor" anymore, but rather a "performer." He added that Cage could be an actor again if he changed his focus to "pure" movies (whatever those are).  Cage fired back by stating that in show business, you take enough "negativity" from the press without having your friends dump on you. Penn probably had a point, but, as they say...those who live in glass houses.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

When did Sean Penn say that about Cage? I'm not doubting you, I just wanna know what the circumstances were!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 10:47am

I wouldn't be surprised if this tops the box office (I don't care, I'm just saying what I think), doesn't matter what critics think. Plus the last one made a fortune on DVD.

whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 10:52am
Haven't seen Matchstick Men, Lord of War, Bad Lieutenant, or Kick-Ass?  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

The release is just under 40 hours away, and there are STILL no reviews at Rotten T. I'll be stunned if this gets above 20% in approval rating. Though those two critics agreed that this would make Ghost Rider 1 look like The Dark Knight (Top 40 Films of 2008, #1), Metacritic hasn't taken note of it.

It's been 12 1/2 years (1/8 century!) since Sean Penn declared that Nic Cage was no longer an actor. Here are the Cage films that caught my attention since Jnr. 1, 2000:

Gone in 60 Seconds [remake] : Bottom 40 Films of 2000, #40
Captain Corelli's Mandolin : Bottom 40 Films of 2001, #14
Adaptation. : Top 40 Films of 2002, #13 (This is his only good film since Y2K)
The Wicker Man [remake] : Bottom 40 Films of 2006, #4
Ghost Rider : Bottom 40 Films of 2007, #19
NEXT : Bottom 40 Films of 2007, #16
Bangkok Dangerous : Bottom 40 Films of 2008, #36
Know1ng : Bottom 40 Films of 2009, #39
G-Force : Bottom 40 Films of 2009, #28
The Sorcerer's Apprentice : Bottom 40 Films of 2010, #39
Season of the Witch : Bottom 40 Films of 2011, slated
Trespass : Bottom 40 Films of 2011, slated

Besides Stolen/Medallion, which just got scheduled for May 25, he's also starring in The Frozen Ground, now in pre-production, scheduled for Dcb. 1, 2012, and Frank or Francis, also in pre-production, but with no release date.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 12:36pm
Considering Cage's recent output, that Sean Penn quote is oddly spot-on.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 1:36pm
To whatsthepoint: I was only talking about the films that caught my attention. Matchstick Men was great, but only earned an Honorable Mention on my Top & Bottom 40 Films of 2003. Lord of War was fair, not on my 2005 list. Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans had an excellent approval rating, but wasn't on my Top 40 Films of 2009. Kick-A**' approval rating was very good, but wasn't on my 2010 list. When you demanded to know if I hadn't seen those, what were you implying?

To SchumacherH8ter: The first two Twisted Metal games were much better than III and IV. I don't remember Twisted Metal Black, but Twisted Metal 2012 looks good but not great. I've never played any of them, only seen my older brother do so.

If ever a video game film gets made that gets great reviews, succeeds at the box office, and gets OSCAR, Golden Globe, or BAFTA award accolades, it should be front page news in every cinema and entertainment publication... alas, no-one knows how long that'll take.

Does Nicolas Cage still have a chance at being a Worst Actor runner-up for 2011?

And with a 28% approval and 32% Metascore, why hasn't This Means War gotten a forum yet?!?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>