Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on HANGOVER PART II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of HANGOVER PART II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of HANGOVER PART II
    Posted: May 24 2011 at 12:13pm

I don't think you're meant to "sympathize" with the characters in the first Hangover. If you sympathize with them, you'd feel bad instead of laughing.  

It's OK. It is hard to ask someone to laugh at a baby masturbating. 

Originally posted by Vheid

The main problem I had with the first movie is that I simply disliked the characters depicted on screen. I just couldn't sympathize with people THAT obnoxious...

That and it just wasn't my kind of humor...

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 12:23pm

In the first film, I didn't care if they found Doug or not... Lots of comedies work while having likable main characters... I mean, to me these characters were just obnoxious douchebags, which made it hard for me to finish watching this movie... 

These are the kind of people I try to avoid in real life, so why would I want to spend time watching them on screen, I ask you?  

Originally posted by Vits

The main problem I had with the first movie is that I simply disliked the characters depicted on screen. I just couldn't sympathize with people THAT obnoxious...

That and it just wasn't my kind of humor...

I don't think you're meant to.If you sympathize with them you'd feel bad instead of laugh.

It's OK.It's hard to ask someone to laugh at a baby masturbating.

MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 7:14pm

Based on what I've seen and heard, this is kinda like the song, 'One Night in Bangkok', only they don't remember anything.  Other than that, it basically looks like the same movie all over again.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 7:51pm
If they're in Bangkok, maybe they will run into Nicolas Cage playing a hit-man?!?  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Based on what I've seen and heard, this is kinda like the song, 'One Night in Bangkok', only they don't remember anything.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 4:59am

Most of the reviews seem to really point out the overacting of both Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong in this movie...

Could Jeong make a comeback on the ballot with this movie, Big Momma 3, Transformer 3 and Zookeeper?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 7:52am
To quote Roger Ebert(**/****): "The MPAA's elaboration of the film's R rating says the movie has "pervasive language, strong sexual content including graphic nudity, drug use and brief violent images.Also other stuff. Maybe their space was limited?"

Could Jeong make a comeback on the ballot with this movie, Big Momma 3Transformer 3 and Zookeeper?

I'll pretend I didn't read that.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 8:16am
Why would you "pretend"?

Originally posted by Vits

Could Jeong make a comeback on the ballot with this movie, Big Momma 3Transformer 3 and Zookeeper?
I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 8:34am
'Cuz it's Ken Jeong,dog! He's the shizzle! The R-dizzle! He's a crazy mother[falsetto voice]f*ck*r!

He's so good he even makes me talk like that...and I don't even know what I just wrote! LOL 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2011 at 2:45pm
All signs point to" "YES!"  

Could Jeong make a comeback on the ballot with this movie, Big Momma 3,Transformer 3 and Zookeeper?
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 5:23am
Oh yeah, he can, especially since I believe that Big Mommas, Transformers, and Zookeeper are very strong contenders for Worst Picture. However, I would nt be surpised if the Worst Supporting Actor award ends up going to Stallone............. again *sigh*

I think Mike Tyson shoiuld also be up there on Worst Supporting Actor. What he did in the movie is pretty close to what HeadRazz thought of Liza in Sex and the City 2.  

Could Jeong make a comeback on the ballot with this movie, Big Momma 3Transformer 3 andZookeeper?

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2011 at 3:20pm
Rotten Tomatoes(30%): "A crueler, darker, raunchier carbon copy of the first installment, it lacks the element of surprise(and most of the joy) that helped make the original a hit."  

Richard Roeper(C-): "Hugely disappointing sequel with no fresh ideas. One of the most uninspired and unoriginal sequels you'll ever see. Or not see, if you're lucky!"  
jkovats View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jkovats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 8:49am
Some movies just were not meant for a sequel.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 5:15pm
This was "OK". There were funny parts, but I'd wait for video. I was surprised that Ken and Zach were bad. Ken was just re-hashing his character and Zach was way too unlikable. The thing that made him great in the first film was how innocent and "nice" he was. Here, he's unpleasent.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2011 at 6:49pm
Wow, 32% for "Pirates 4" and 34% for "Hangover 2" (it surely is one of ours!). Further proof, sequels suck unless fully thought out and done well.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 1:08pm
I just saw this and gave it 6/10.Review coming soon.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 8:38pm
Wow, this movie should have just been called "Hangover 1.5"! It's almost the exact same movie as the first one! It's like the screenwriters took the script from the first movie, changed a few details around and called it a day's work. I'm calling it ... Laziest. Sequel. EVER!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>