Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on HANGOVER PART II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of HANGOVER PART II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of HANGOVER PART II
    Posted: May 23 2011 at 9:42am
HERE's WHERE to HAVE AT IT -- SEE IF YOUR COMMENTS HERE CAN GIVE the MAKERS of HANGOVER PART II a HANGOVER of THEIR OWN!  

AND HERE's the LINK to READ "THE OFFICIAL RAZZIE® TAKE" on THIS FILM... 

HERE's the LINK to SEE CAST & CREDITS for the FILM...  

HERE's the LINK for the FILM's OFFICIAL SITE...

HERE's the LINK to READ REVIEWS at R.T. and MetaCRITIC...

AND, FINALLY, HERE's the LINK for B.O. INFO on HANGOVER PART II... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 10:00am
Finally! A "Hangover" movie is on here -- you should've had a Forum for part one as well!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 12:17pm
The concept is wrong for so many reasons. Like we all know this movie will likely repeat the same jokes as the first. Also it's unbelievable that these guys didn't learn that lesson. 

Originally posted by Movie Man

Finally! A "Hangover" movie is on here -- you should've had one for part one as well!

I'll pretend I didn't read that.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 12:48pm
I don't know if this deserves a forum yet. It's the sequel to one of 2009's most popular movies, with the same cast and crew. I'd be worried if there was a different cast and crew. I'll wait for reviews before I pass any judgment. And at Metacritic, there are 2 reviews, one positive, one average. In fact, the only 2 wide release sequels that didn't get forums here this year were Rodrick Rules and Fast Five.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:01pm
And this people, is why comedies, more so than any other genre, should NOT have sequels. Because all they are going to do is tell or do the exact same jokes and sight gags all over again. The trailer alone was nothing but references to the original movie. Living in it's shadow much? But no, this turd will make millions, and they'll make a third movie for some reasons. Gee, you would think that after waking up with no memories of what you did the night before and losing someone TWICE, this characters would get a f***ing clue and stop drinking!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 2:19pm
Like I've said, the first "Hangover" was nothing more than a more realistic version of "Dude, Where's My Car?" I had my laughs during the movie, but by no means should it be the highest grossing rated-R comedy of all time, and it shouldn't have sequels either. Like Burn said, how many times can these characters get so drunk that they can't remember what they did last night and lose a member of their group before they realize...they really shouldn't drink anymore?  

Originally posted by Movie Man

Finally! A "Hangover" movie is on here -- you should've had a forum for part one as well!
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

And this people, is why comedies, more so than any other genre, should NOT have sequels. Because all they are going to do is tell or do the exact same jokes and sight gags all over again. The trailer alone was nothing but references to the original movie. Living in it's shadow much? But no, this turd will make millions, and they'll make a third movie for some reasons. Gee, you would think that after waking up with no memories of what you did the night before and losing someone TWICE, this characters would get a f***ing clue and stop drinking!
Every time you post a response, I imagine a really angry person venting his thoughts out. Can you please calm down?

As for the film, I agree, it doesn't look great. It's basically a remake of the first film.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Every time you post a response, I imagine a really angry person venting his thoughts out. Can you please calm down?
Thank you, Captain Obvious. Yes, I do come here to vent, and it's pretty damn fun to do, too.  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:23pm
Michaels,are you sure it was more realistic?Yeah,DUDE... had aliens,but in it's own mythology it was well-written.THE HANGOVER had one plot hole...but it was a big one.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.
That's from DUDE...!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Vits

Michaels,are you sure it was more realistic?Yeah,DUDE... had aliens,but in it's own mythology it was well-written.THE HANGOVER had one plot hole...but it was a big one.
I'll rephrase, "Hangover" was slightly more realistic than "Dude...". I think the chances of four guys accidently drinking roofies and not remembering what happened the night before and maybe even losing one of their group members happening are much larger than say aliens coming down to Earth, stealing a pair of slackers' car to use it in their grand plans for the planet, and then erasing the slackers' memories. Just saying. As for the plot hole, yeah, why did they have to go to the hospital anyway?
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:43pm
Actually,I meant the answer of the mystery at the end(spoilers obviously):
Justin Bartha spent a day an a half on the rooftop without food,water or a proper bathroom,and all he got was a sunburn?

To be fair,there are other plot holes,but not major:How did the gang took the tiger without it attacking them...specially after Bradley Cooper "f*cks" him?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Vits

Justin Bartha spent a day an a half on the rooftop without food,water or a proper bathroom,and all he got was a sunburn?
Oh right, I was wondering about that, too. And under that Vegas sun, he probably would be dead. 
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 8:05pm

Movie Man, Eventhough i disliked the first one (and would've loved it if it had a forum). You have to acknowledge that it was very popular with critics...

Vits and Michaels, The main problem I had with the first movie is that I simply disliked the characters depicted on screen. I just couldn't sympathize with people THAT obnoxious...

That and it just wasn't my kind of humor...

About the rooftop: Why did he threw the mattress away again.... Couldn't he have used it to block the sun... I mean he was aware that he was on a hotel-roof in the middle of the desert, wasn't he?

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Vits and Michaels, The main problem I had with the first movie is that I simply disliked the characters depicted on screen. I just couldn't sympathize with people THAT obnoxious...

About the rooftop: Why did he threw the mattress away again.... Couldn't he have used it to block the sun... I mean he was aware that he was on a hotel-roof in the middle of the desert, wasn't he?

Yeah, the characters were hard to care for, you were almost glad they were getting beaten up. You have the p***ywhipped nerd, the smartass prettyboy, and the socially awkward mental miget. It's like the Three Stooges made worse! As for the rooftop, yeah, talk about your Grand Canyon sized plot holes, right up there with most M. Nut movies! The dude should have just tried to climb down the building or pretended like he was going to jump so that a crowd would gather and the fire department would reach him. But if they did that, it wouldn't make for a funny comedy of errors now would it? I'm almost curious to see what the plot hole will be for the sequel and why they can't find the missing kid brother. And I do mean ALMOST.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2011 at 9:36pm

Originally posted by Vheid

Yeah, the characters were hard to care for, you were almost glad they were getting beaten up. You have the p***ywhipped nerd, the smartass prettyboy, and the socially awkward mental miget. It's like the Three Stooges made worse!

Don't they just feel like unrealistic caricatures when you list them like that..

Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 8:10am

I see some of you are thinking along the same lines as me. I mean this sequal is just repeating the same plot as the first one only a different setting, I mean what else is there to add?

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>