Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on HANGOVER PART II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER DISCUSSION of HANGOVER PART II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER DISCUSSION of HANGOVER PART II
    Posted: May 29 2011 at 10:30pm
Other than the fact that Scream 4 and Fast Five both got favorable reviews, both of which you bashed to death. 

Originally posted by Michaels

Wow, 32% for "Pirates 4" and 34% for "Hangover 2" (it surely is one of ours!). Further proof, sequels suck unless fully thought out and done well.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 7:55pm
Coming the same guy who praises every movie critics hate and/or is posted here. Yeah, I can use the "reverse opinon of critics" card, too. Burn was onto something, you clearly weren't captain of the debate team. I stand behind my remarks, uncalled for and lazy sequels always suck.  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Other than the fact that Scream 4 and Fast Five both got favorable reviews, both of which you bashed to death.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 4:36pm
WHY NOT JUST "THE HANGOVER 2"?IS IT THAT MUCH OF A COPY?(***/*****):

Starring:Bradley Cooper,Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis as the guys who suffer from a HANGOVER...again.

No spoilers here.

So what is the problem with this movie?It's pointless that to give Ken Jeong a bigger role if he's going to be underused.And Helms's "girly screaming" routine gets annoying after a while.

We need to get things straight.Yes,the now called "Wolfpack" goes through the same problems yet again and it feels like they must be idiots for not learning their lesson,right?Wrong.First of all,what happens to them is an accident.And anyway,it's not like we're supposed to sympathize with them.We root for them because we want them to find they're friends.

Also,yes,the movie repeats the formula from the first one,but it doesn't repeat the jokes.Although,at some points that would've been the safer choice,because some of the jokes are crueler.I don't blame Todd Phillips,who this time wrote a lot more.I blame his co-writers Craig Mazin and Scot Armstrong,who,based on their resumes,bring the wrong type of humour.Mazin's cruel jokes work for spoofs because they're…well,spoofs.And Armstrong's humour is as lame as always.

Repeating the formula is lazy,specially during the last 1/3 where it's more obvious.The final moments are basically word by word the same.But this doesn't take 100% the element of surprise.You still don't know how things will turn out.You'll know STU will solve the mystery,but you won't know the answer.And…drum roll…it's funny!Not as funny as the first one,but who expected it to be?The cast remain it's chemistry and comedic timing.

This does ruin the first one.Not in the sense that you can't enjoy it next time you watch it,but…well,the first one,along movies like WEDDING CRASHERS and THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN were a step up for raunchy comedies,showing that that they can be well made.But this movie is a step down.Not because it's not a technical wonder(those other movies aren't either),but because everything good in this movie probably comes from simple good luck.And after the mystery is revealed,you'll feel empty and can't wait until the movie is over.

Grades:C in the U.S. and 5,0 in Chile.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2011 at 8:23pm
3 stars is a little generous. 1 or 2 stars is more like it, my opinion.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 8:22am
Guys...a 3rd installment is already "in the works." Dead  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 1:45pm
Yeah, seriously, how many times can the same three guys accidently take roofies, forget everything from the night before, lose a member of their party ... AND keep it funny?!  

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 5:45am
I bet in the third movie, they will be in Paris getting drunk. I know it may not be funny, but my idea is better than this second Hangover movie, which I'm not gonna see!   

Pictures move, do they?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 7:44am
I fear that Hangover III will be set in Amsterdam... Not the REAL Amsterdam, but a Hookers and Drugs-filled Fairy Tale-Land named Amsterdam, like the one depicted in Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo.  
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2011 at 2:16pm
And I have a sinking feeling that you may be completely right!
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 1:50am
Oh f**k, now Hollywood's probably gonna make a s***ty Three Stooges remake (or rip-off) after reading this, and it'll sweep up lots of Razzies!    

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

You have the p***ywhipped nerd, the smartass prettyboy, and the socially awkward mental miget. It's like the Three Stooges made worse!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2011 at 1:55am
Nic Cage playing a hitman! Comedy gold, my friend! Cage-sploitation at its best!  

Originally posted by Michaels

If they're in Bangkok, maybe they will run into Nicolas Cage playing a hit-man?!? 
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 12:54pm
I knew this would get bad reviews the minute I saw Todd Phillips name on the script. Plus it's basically a remake of the first one only in a different location, how wrong can you go with that? 
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

I knew this would get bad reviews the minute I saw Todd Phillips name on the script. Plus it's basically a remake of the first one only in a different location, how wrong can you go with that? 
Um, because why pay to see a beat for beat remake when you can just as easily watch the original movie again?
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 7:47am
Just for the record this has become the highest grossing R rated comedy of all time.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2011 at 10:40am
Originally posted by jesse685

Nic Cage playing a hitman! Comedy gold, my friend! Cage-sploitation at its best!  
Yeah, it was called "Bangkok Dangerous", which was infamous for making only $7 million on its opening weekend!

As for "Hangover 2" being the highest grossing R rated movie, just because something is successful, that doesn't mean it's a good product. saturnwatcher once pointed out, even pet rocks sold well back in the day, that doesn't make them a great product. And I for one, think this movie should go under Worst Remake/Rip-Off for being almost the exact same movie as the first.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 5:24pm
Well, time to review this one.

The good:

Ed Helms' song, "Alantown: It's one of the higlights of the movie.

The monkey: She was awesome.

The "little kid" scene: For those that ahevn't seen it, there's a scene where Alan has a flashback where he and the rest of the wolfpack (and Mr. Chow) are children. To me, this is best part of the movie.

The bad:

Jamie Chung's acting: Sure, she's hot, but a Real World reject an actress does not make.

The gross nudity: The first one had some gross-ness, but it doesn't compare to this. Mr. Chow's button-shaped ding-dong and the trannie strippers were the low-lights.

The ugly:

Zach and Ken's disapointing performances: They were the best parts of the first one, yet they're two of the worst parts. If they weren't two of the best parts of the first one, they'd be in the bad alongside Jamie.

The general rehashy-ness of the movie: I called Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides a half-ass cash-in, but it's got nothing on this in terms of half-assed cash-ins. There's at least one aspect that isn't a retread. That is...

The pointlessness: I don't mean pointless in terms of its existance, I mean in terms of story. See, if they found Doug at the beginning of the first one, they'd still be in trouble. By not finding him first, they were able to resolve all their problems first. With this, however, if they found Teddy first, then all the broblems would be solved.

Typing that all out changed my views of the movie. At first, I thought it was like On Stranger Tides: a half-assed cash-in that was entertaining. But, me writing all my gripes made me realize how not-good the movie is. Grade C+.

Next up: The Rite!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>